3264 22 2016-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TommyJeep
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50423 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do not see in the DJI store under Mavic accessories a 120v charger.  I see the car charger, but not the 120v.  Personally, I'm not a fan of the charging hub because it charges batteries one at a time.  I'd prefer to buy a 2nd 120v charger and charge 2 at a time.  Anyone know if they are going to sell it?  Any chance we'll be able to buy a higher amp charger to reduce charging time (like they offer for the Inspire)?
2016-10-28
Use props
bengalboy69
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe that if you use the 100 watt charger of a Phantom 4 with the Mavic's charging hub it turns it into a "Super Charging" hub that will charge all batteries at the same time instead of sequentially.
2016-10-28
Use props
TommyJeep
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50423 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting.  I don't have a P4, but I do have an Inspire 1 Pro.  Looking at the batteries, the Mavic is definitely different than my Inspire.
2016-10-28
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

bengalboy69@gma Posted at 2016-10-28 10:04
I believe that if you use the 100 watt charger of a Phantom 4 with the Mavic's charging hub it turns ...

No...  No, this is not true.  Later, there will be an Advanced Charging Hub available that can be paired with the 100W charger.  It won't charge all 4 at once...  When one battery’s charging enters the second-half of its charging phase, the next battery will enter the first-half of its charging phase.
2016-10-28
Use props
bengalboy69
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-10-28 13:16
No...  No, this is not true.  Later, there will be an Advanced Charging Hub available that can be p ...

I read on DJI's own specifications that using the Phantom 4 or Phantom 3 PRO 100 watt charging brick with the charging hub would create a "fast charge" hub for charging all 3 batteries at once.  To clarify, your telling me that the hub that ships with the "Fly More" package is not capable of "fast charge" and that a different, as yet unreleased and not listed "Advanced Hub" will be required?  If so, where did you learn this information and when can we expect to see such an accessory in DJI's store?
2016-10-28
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

bengalboy69@gma Posted at 2016-10-28 14:59
I read on DJI's own specifications that using the Phantom 4 or Phantom 3 PRO 100 watt charging bri ...

That is my understanding, and the fact the Phantom 4 100W charger won't plug into the Mavic batteries (which have the same plug as the standard hub) backs that up...

I've seen it a few places, including here.
Where did you get your info?
2016-10-28
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

bengalboy69@gma Posted at 2016-10-28 14:59
I read on DJI's own specifications that using the Phantom 4 or Phantom 3 PRO 100 watt charging bri ...

From DJI's Mavic FAQ:

"The two Charging Hubs can both charge up to 4 batteries at one time. In order to fully charge the first battery as quickly as possible, the Intelligent Flight Batteries are charged in sequence according to their power levels, from high to low. This gives you the fastest way of getting all your batteries fully charged. There are two main differences between the two Charging Hubs. First, the standard Charging Hub only supports the Mavic’s 50W Battery Charger and Mavic Car Charger, while the advanced version also supports the 100W Battery Charger and Car Charger from the Phantom 4. Second, the advanced version will balance the voltage of each battery cell to improve charging efficiency. When one battery’s charging enters the second-half of its charging phase, the next battery will enter the first-half of its charging phase. With 4 batteries all at 15%, the advanced charger can get 4 batteries fully charged in 140 minutes using the Phantom 4’s 100W charger, while the standard version will need 270 minutes with the Mavic’s 50W charger."
2016-10-28
Use props
ggoodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

The P4 charger will not plug into the Mavic hub. I have both in hand.
2016-10-28
Use props
bengalboy69
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-10-28 18:13
That is my understanding, and the fact the Phantom 4 100W charger won't plug into the Mavic batteri ...

I read some specifications that were supposedly distributed by DJI a month or so ago when the Mavic was announced.  Basically,, the charging hub would charge 3 batteries sequentially unless you used it with the Phantom 4 or Phantom 3 PRO 100 watt charging brick.  So, you would connect the hub to the 100 watt brick and it would be converted into a Super Fast Charger like my aftermarket Phantom 4 one.  I'm not saying you are wrong, only, I haven't seen a part for a "Advanced Hub" or talk of needing a different hub.  I only thought you need a 100 watt power brick vs. the Mavic's 50 watt.  If your right, it will suck that I have to buy another accessory and wait till who knows when to get it??  I've become addicted to my Phantom 4 fast charger.  Its indispensable when traveling to be able to charge all 3 batteries in an hour.
2016-10-28
Use props
bengalboy69
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ggoodlett@aol.c Posted at 2016-10-28 18:21

Thank you for confirming!  Well, I guess that means the charging hub is useless to me.  Looks good, but, functions horribly.  I'm sure the aftermarket will have a Super Charging hub on Amazon before DJI has one available in its own store.
2016-10-28
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

ggoodlett@aol.c Posted at 2016-10-28 15:21

Correct.  The P4 charger is not compatible in any way with the Mavic batteries nor hub.

Use the Mavic charger with the Mavic batteries & hub.
DJI-Ken confirmed that the P4 charger is not recommended for Mavic batteries in another thread.  Not sure all the info on the FAQ page is entirely up to date.

2016-10-28
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

bengalboy69@gma Posted at 2016-10-28 15:25
I read some specifications that were supposedly distributed by DJI a month or so ago when the Mavi ...

It's possible you may have misread.  Take a look at the Mavic FAQ on DJI's site...  Read the "Charging" section.
2016-10-28
Use props
ggoodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

I have heard rumor of another charging hub to be released later. Time will tell.
2016-10-28
Use props
bengalboy69
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-10-28 18:33
It's possible you may have misread.  Take a look at the Mavic FAQ on DJI's site...  Read the "Charg ...

You are correct Schwavic.  I cannot go back to waiting 3 hours for all my batteries to be charged.  Haha,, I'm sure Amazon will have an advanced charging hub ready before I even receive my Mavic, but, its good to know I need a different one from the one in the "Fly More" package.  I can begin looking now.  Thank you for correcting me.
2016-10-28
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

The Phantom is a 4 cell battery.  The Mavic is a 3 cell battery.  There has been some conflicting information from DJI on this...  But I don't think it's wise to attempt to use a 4 cell charger on a 3 cell battery...  (Even if you can find a way to cram the connector in place to fit...)

And Some DJI employees have posted updated comments saying the P4 charger is NOT compatible.  I would not try it until it's confirmed.  Fire, smoke and damaged batteries are not fun.  Trust me.  (I speak from expereince.)
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

The charger is 120v but it's the watts you are talking about.
The Mavic is a 3s battery and the charging hub does only charge one at a time.
The advanced charging hub (not available yet) will use the P4 100w charger which is a 4s charger so there will be come circuitry to drop the voltage down. And that hub will charge the batteries at the same time.

The Inspire is a 6s battery and different connector so it wouldn't work anyways.
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-29 08:58
The Phantom is a 4 cell battery.  The Mavic is a 3 cell battery.  There has been some conflicting in ...

Correct you do not want to use your P4 battery charger on a Mavic 3s battery.
But you will use the P4 charger on the Mavics Advanced charging hub.

And the connectors look nearly identical but the Mavic is just a touch smaller so you cannot plug a Mavic battery into a P4 charger as well as you cannot plug a P4 battery into a Mavic charger.
So you will be all good.
2016-10-28
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-28 18:11
Correct you do not want to use your P4 battery charger on a Mavic 3s battery.
But you will use the ...

Thank you for the clarification.
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-29 09:16
Thank you for the clarification.

No problem at all, I'm sure everyone who has a P4 and getting the Mavic will want the Advanced charging hub
2016-10-28
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

bengalboy69@gma Posted at 2016-10-28 15:53
You are correct Schwavic.  I cannot go back to waiting 3 hours for all my batteries to be charged. ...

I think the car charger may charge quicker, since it's 78W instead of 50W...  But I'm not sure of the exact times.
2016-10-28
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-28 17:58
The Phantom is a 4 cell battery.  The Mavic is a 3 cell battery.  There has been some conflicting in ...

The P4 charger doesn't fit the standard Charging Hub or the Mavic batteries, so there's not danger in accidentally connecting them...
2016-10-28
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-28 18:07
The charger is 120v but it's the watts you are talking about.
The Mavic is a 3s battery and the char ...

"And that hub will charge the batteries at the same time."

Sorta...  It will start charging a second battery when the first battery finishes the first charging phase.  Just wanted to clarify it won't charge all 4 batteries at once.
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Schwavic Posted at 2016-10-29 11:42
"And that hub will charge the batteries at the same time."

Sorta...  It will start charging a sec ...

Yes, correct to be specific.
2016-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules