P4 Footage Micro-Stutter
673 4 2016-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris50
lvl.2

United States

Hey everyone, I just took my P4 out for it's maiden flight and it was awesome.  I love the thing.
I had been waiting for the Mavic but realized there was no reason to choose that over the P4 since my biggest concern is image quality.

I have a question about some of the footage I got, there appears to be some micro-stuttering here and there and I am trying to figure out why since I am pretty sure it's user error.

Before flying it warned me that the IMU needed re-calibration but since I was short on time and it said it would take 5 minutes I skipped that, does this affect the way the gimbal behaves?

Was ignoring that a massive mistake that endagered my drone?

Also worth noting, this footage is zoomed in and has some position key frames added to keep things framed properly, however this jitter was noticeable in the footage straight from the camera before I did that.

I currently have a draft with warp stabalizer applied exporting to see how that affects the footage, but I know the phantom should give me better than this if setup correctly.

Here is an example where you can see the stutter I am talking about:

Any thoughts?  Thanks!

2016-10-28
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

United States

Bump

Plz help me I wan't to get perfect footage on my first try I won't accept anything less
2016-10-28
Use props
Mastertech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 601781 ft

Out of the box Id go for a complete calibration and setup before you fly too far. Make sure the firmware is updated. DJI is watching and asking questions and examining flight data daily. They update these things regularly so make sure you have the latest firmware updates. (essential to eliminate old problems that are already solved.)
If it still shaking post up and call them.
2016-10-28
Use props
gmccurdy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft

Maybe try ProDRENALIN 2 and see if it helps any?  They have a free tryout period where you can try it in demo mode.
2016-10-28
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

United States

Mastertech Posted at 2016-10-29 02:16
Out of the box Id go for a complete calibration and setup before you fly too far. Make sure the firm ...

Alright, that makes sense.  The firmware is indeed the latest, I am trying some different things in post and will be sure to calibrate everything perfectly next time and try again.  Thanks
2016-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules