Waypoints With Mavic?
1561 3 2016-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I know the Mavic does waypoints but I have not found any videos showing examples nor a how to. I would love to see how accurate the waypoints are. For example if I carefully fly it in between trees and set a waypoint, then a few before and after that point - will it accurately fly between them or is there a tolerance in the waypoint?

You could even carry it around and set the waypoints if you did not feel comfrotable flying to the locations (assuming you are keeping it under 6 to 7 feet off the ground)....

Thanks all,

John
2016-10-28
Use props
Peel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10876 ft
United States

I'd guess it would depend entirely on how strong your GPS signal was at the time you set your waypoints, and then again at the time that you were re-navigating to them. You would have to take the accuracy at each time and add the margin of error for each. For example if at the time of marking the waypoints the GPS was accurate to within 6 feet, and at the time of retracing those steps it was accurate to within 10 feet, you would have a compounded error distance of up to 16 feet.
2016-10-28
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Peel Posted at 2016-10-28 16:18
I'd guess it would depend entirely on how strong your GPS signal was at the time you set your waypoi ...

So basically you are saying don't rely on waypoints - just fly what  you need....LOL... ok - thanks!
2016-10-28
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

johnlega@gmail. Posted at 2016-10-28 22:34
So basically you are saying don't rely on waypoints - just fly what  you need....LOL... ok - thank ...

WP flights make smoother videos than manual flying.
2016-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules