Twitching with H3-3D and Hero4 Silver
1189 6 2015-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrs.brewbud.ema
New

United States

Hey guys, I just bought my Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal and Hero 4 silver. I have a phantom 2. I hooked it all up and took it for a few flights but I seem to get a twitch out of my gimbal at random times. It looks to the right and then twitches back into the normal spot. Kinda a jerkish motion. It happens every flight but only a few times mostly.  Has anyone had this issue? I have tried searching but answers are hard to come by. I also added a dime to the end of the gimbal and it didnt seem to help. It made it seem like it was working harder, but i only think that because the gimbal motors were louder. Didnt want to hurt anything so i removed it. I also have a ND filter and I havent even tried to put it on because i figured it could make things worse. Thanks for any help.
2015-2-4
Use props
starship
lvl.4

United States

I fixed mine with a penny taped to the back of the gimbal, opposite from the lens.  After I did this, I have not had a single glitch..... that tranlates to several hours of flight time.
2015-6-2
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

I've been meaning to ask.. is the H3-3D gimbal truly a plug and play solution for the Phantom 2 V+, as in all you have to do is attach the gimbal and connect the 3 cables, or do you have to open the body and do some soldering?  And does flight view from the app work?  On the DJI site, it says the H3-3D is plug and play, but in another area, they show someone with their bird case open and they're soldering wires for the gimbal.  If that's the case, than DJI needs to stop saying plug and play lol!  Or are there different versions of the H3-3D?  So confused...

Dan
2015-6-2
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

Check to make sure you're running the latest firmware on the gimbal. I had one that twitched and new firmware fixed it.
2015-6-2
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

Faken Posted at 2015-6-3 06:31
I've been meaning to ask.. is the H3-3D gimbal truly a plug and play solution for the Phantom 2 V+,  ...

The H3-3d is not meant to be used on the vision or vision+. Doesn't mean you can't, but you'll either have buy a quick release from dronexpert.nl or do a little hacking.
2015-6-2
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Did you get the anti-interference board with it?  Check and make sure you have it connected properly as the connectors will connect to either side. Also, check your limits and your gains in the assistant software.If that doesn't fix it try resetting the gimbal per the video:
http://youtu.be/qoy_S6TNX4o
2015-6-2
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>

my h3-3d required a nickle on the back.  i velcroed it on.  a quarter was too heavy.
2015-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules