Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DHL have asked to me some additional data
938 4 2016-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
giusis00
lvl.1

Italy

My Mavic is waiting at the customs for more additional data: DHL is asking to have some (personal) info from me.
Whenever I have no issue to give this data (I verified the source, it's legit.. they also had my private phone number), this is the first time it happens to me.
I live in Europe.. anyone have experienced a similar issue?

2016-10-28
Use props
sandgrownun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45187 ft

It may be a random check by customs on DHL to validate paperwork and that you are an actual person and the final recipient of the package. Not seen this before for individual air shipments but it not unusual for surface container shipments from China to UK to be delayed a week or so whilst they do comprehensive checks.
In any case, you are protected under the EU data protection directive and have a right to know what the information is required for, who it will be shared with and how long it will be kept. The directive can be summarised in several principles below. No doubt there will also be national data protection laws in your country. If I was you I would use them and ask for more information before freely submitting your personal data.

• Notice: subjects whose data is being collected should be given notice of such collection.
  • Purpose: data collected should be used only for stated purpose(s) and for no other purposes.
  • Consent: personal data should not be disclosed or shared with third parties without consent from its subject(s).
  • Security: once collected, personal data should be kept safe and secure from potential abuse, theft, or loss.
  • Disclosure: subjects whose personal data is being collected should be informed as to the party or parties collecting such data.
  • Access: subjects should granted access to their personal data and allowed to correct any inaccuracies.
  • Accountability: subjects should be able to hold personal data collectors accountable for adhering to all seven of these principles.

2016-10-28
Use props
Icewave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 445804 ft

Hi giusi also I live in Italy and I'm waiting for mavic combo, can you give follow up when you finally speak with the custom?  For what I know we pay in full all we have to pay such as vat and all the tax...Thanks in advance !
2016-10-28
Use props
giusis00
lvl.1

Italy

Icewave Posted at 2016-10-29 00:02
Hi giusi also I live in Italy and I'm waiting for mavic combo, can you give follow up when you final ...

They sent to me a text message (SMS), and invited me to leave my CF (via email), I did it already. In the same message it's specified that no taxes or custom fees are needed, they need it for their documentation (probably because that info was missing on the invoice).
I'm Italian and the shipment is in Italy (because I'm still here until December), but I live in Spain and the invoice belongs to my Spanish address (fiscal address), that may have caused the "exception".
2016-10-28
Use props
Icewave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 445804 ft

giusis00 Posted at 2016-10-29 00:54
They sent to me a text message (SMS), and invited me to leave my CF (via email), I did it already. ...

It make sense... thanks a lot for the prompt replay!
Ciao and have good day in Italy and safe came back in Spain (I love Spain )
2016-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules