Mavic Pro Remote Controller Problem?
4027 8 2016-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edwin.ng.nz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19642 ft
New Zealand

I have not got my Mavic yet but recent posts regarding unresponsive RC is concerning that I'm now considering cancelling.
I have been flying a Phantom 3 and the RC controls have never failed on me even when the video feed does. Looking at the Mavic RC specs from the online manual it only operates at 2.4GHz which I understand is more susceptible to interference as compared to 5.8GHz for the Phantom.  If problem is due to the frequency used by the Mavic RC then no amount of software updates is going to fix this problem.  Would like to hear what everyone else here think about this.

2016-10-28
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

I've sent my RC remote log to DJI for analysis.  Hopefully I hear from them soon in terms of a fix.  I had posted a video about the calibration screen showing the correct numerical values but incorrect graphical representation (iOS).  
2016-10-28
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-29 11:40
I've sent my RC remote log to DJI for analysis.  Hopefully I hear from them soon in terms of a fix.  ...

I have flown model aircraft on 2.4Ghz for about 10 years and have never had a problem. It is very reliable.
2016-10-28
Use props
ENG101
lvl.2
New Zealand

The problem with interference is that it is dependent on what else is using that frequency at that location at the same time between the RC and aircraft.  In my area you have to belong to the local club and fly model aircraft in designated areas away from the city or built-up areas so would have less if any issues at all with interference. It'll be interesting to know if flying model aircraft using 2.4GHz at the same location that these new Mavic owners are complaining of problems would have similar issues.
2016-10-29
Use props
jfxjlm
lvl.2

United States

I had erratic issues with my mavic until I disabled all front/horizontal avoidance systems. One stick seemed to be not working but it didn't like the objects around it I guess and disabling avoidance worked.
2016-10-29
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 293379 ft

From page 45 of the manual:
The Wi-Fi frequency of your mobile device can be set to 2.4 GHz (set by default) or 5 GHz. Set your Wi-Fi to 5 GHz for less interference. Check with your mobile device to learn whether 5 GHz connection is available.

So it seems that the Mavic does support 5 GHz.
2016-10-29
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

Most RC aircraft transmitters operating on the 2.4Ghz frequency have the intelligence to select a frequency that is not being used in the 2.4 band so many modellers can fly together without interference. They use either DSSS or FHSS to achieve this. I can't find any info on the Mavic controller to know how this controller operates. However, it does state in the manual not to fly in any area with more than 3 at the same time. I assume this means 3 Mavics but I am not sure. I will be using my Mavic when I receive it at my model flying field so I guess I will have to be careful.
If anyone knows how the Mavic controller operates and selects frequencies to use in the 2.4 band then it would be nice to know.
2016-10-29
Use props
ENG101
lvl.2
New Zealand

Jenee 2 Posted at 2016-10-30 17:22
Most RC aircraft transmitters operating on the 2.4Ghz frequency have the intelligence to select a fr ...

From the P4 Pro and Inspire 2 announcements, it looks like DJI is aware of RC issues with just using 2.4GHz and moving to using 5.8GHz as well.  Any chance the new remotes can be used on the Mavic or do we have to wait for the Mavic 2?
2016-11-16
Use props
neo fly
New

New Zealand

got exactly the same problem. did you manage to resolve it ?
2022-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules