No ATTI and Switzerland regulations
913 8 2016-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
uoXG9VmQXgol
lvl.2
Switzerland

So i have read all threads concerning the missing user-inducable ATTI mode on the mavic.

the drone regulations in switzerland are unmissunderstandably saying that the pilot at any time, must be able to gain full manual control over his/her drone.

so with the user-inducable ATTI mode missing i am basically not allowed to fly a mavic in switzerland?

with the unsure future of mavics atti mode, it seems, i have to cancel my order and see how things develop. sad sad story.....

on the other hand, maybe regulations like that will force DJI to get that manual ATTI mode implemented asap.....

2016-10-29
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

How do they define "full manual control" ?
The last Phantom that had that feature was the Phantom 2.
All Atti mode does is turn off GPS hold, the flight controller still maintains level flight and altitude so its not fully manually controlled.
I cant think of any consumer camera drone that has a "manual control" feature anymore.
2016-10-29
Use props
uoXG9VmQXgol
lvl.2
Switzerland

i assume ATTI comes pretty close to what they think is manual control.
2016-10-29
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-10-29 10:56
How do they define "full manual control" ?
The last Phantom that had that feature was the Phantom 2. ...

My toy Hubsan FPV 107d+ has full manual control and nothing else, other than barometric altitude hold which isn't very effective anyway, thank goodness. Great for gaining spatial awareness and flight orientation skills.
2016-10-29
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

I thought Switzerland just made any drone illegal to fly if it has a camera on it because of their surveillance laws, so I don't think the ATTI mode really matters since the Mavic has a camera.
2016-10-29
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

trance728 Posted at 2016-10-29 13:15
I thought Switzerland just made any drone illegal to fly if it has a camera on it because of their s ...

I think you will find that was Sweden.
2016-10-29
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-10-29 20:21
I think you will find that was Sweden.

Ahh, I stand corrected, forget my previous post then.
2016-10-29
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Not just the Swedish alps. Over in Austria you are no longer allowed to fly if there are kangaroos and koalas around
2016-10-29
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

I remember this coming up a few years back and we found out that manual control was used to differentiate between autonomous and controllable.  As in, you have your drone following way points and taking photos using a 3rd party app.  Being able to gain manual control meant the ability to stop the autonomous flight path and begin controlling the drone yourself.  I'm trying to find the thread.
2016-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules