Flashing Yellow LED
8499 9 2014-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sprlt47
New

United States

Hoping someone on here can help me with a little problem. Seems as though since I updated phantom 1 with software (I did import default settings and loaded) I am getting a continuous yellow flashing led. When battery connected it flashes yellow green while the chime is making sound but then goes to flashing yellow. Remote does not respond to Naza software and getting error message 27 about gps not calibrated which I assume Is due to my controller no longer connected to phantom and cannot put into calibration routine. That being said I have gone through the re sync procedure for controller to drone and the led in the drone responds to when the controller is turned off and on so tells me the drone recognizes my controller. I don't know where to go from here. Any advise would be awesome. Thanks.
2014-10-1
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Do a compass calibration (360 degree dance) + an advanced IMU calibration and see if it doesn't clear up your problem...
2014-10-1
Use props
sprlt47
New

United States

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-10-2 08:04
Do a compass calibration (360 degree dance) + an advanced IMU calibration and see if it doesn't clea ...

No Luck. If your talking about the 360 dance where you cycle the remote toggle switches 6 times and do the 360 spins holding the landing gear, my remote wont even make the drone recognize the calibration routine. I Performed the imu advanced calibration and that all went through but still no luck. Thanks so much for yur insight. I you have any other ideas I am all ears. Thanks.
2014-10-4
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Yes, I mean the 360 dance...
On the Assistant, do you see the slider moving moving from Atti to GPS, etc. when you toggle the FM switch?
If you do, then you need to keep trying to enter compass calibration mode.
It is sometimes difficult to get it to work.
What you consider really fast, medium, and slow switching all need to be tried several times.
There should be a way to calibrate the compass...
2014-10-5
Use props
houldsworth1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616598 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is sometimes difficult to get it to work.
What you consider really fast, medium, and slow switching all need to be tried several times.
There should be a way to calibrate the compass...

You also need to end with the switch in the up position (GPS).  If you end with it in the down position then it doesn't seem to work.  
2014-10-5
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

heres a video i did which, although dosent relate especially to your case, may prove informative

http://vimeo.com/92457467
2014-10-5
Use props
SFOS900
lvl.1

United States

make sure to remove all those metal objects of course :-)

But there is another one as well using the Ph1 it take a while before the IMU warms up. I have seen it take up to 5 minutes.

There is a memo about this some where. I know my PH1 is doing it as well I just wait for a while and let unit sit on the ground.
and after a while it come up flashing green.

2014-10-5
Use props
sprlt47
New

United States

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-10-5 21:30
Yes, I mean the 360 dance...
On the Assistant, do you see the slider moving moving from Atti to GPS, ...

Threw this together quick. Hopes this might help get somewhere
2014-10-6
Use props
ElGuano
lvl.1

United States

That flashing yellow indicates you're in Failsafe mode (because the TX isn't bound, the GPS isn't connected, etc.).  It does look like it does bind your TX because the red light inside the battery compartment goes off when you turn the TX on though.

Is your controller's S2 switch set to Failsafe?  Is your TX in Assistant set to PPM or D-BUS?  Is your compass wire loose?

Did you open the shell recently (I notice you upgraded the motors to Antigravs), and if so did you replace the GPS and compass cables correctly? Did you remove the RX wires and reinstall them correctly (ground side facing battery)?

When you start up Assistant and flip through screens like Basic/Mounting, do you get a small text prompt in the bottom left of the window that says something like "GPS/Compass required?"
2014-10-6
Use props
sprlt47
New

United States

ElGuano Posted at 2014-10-7 12:17
That flashing yellow indicates you're in Failsafe mode (because the TX isn't bound, the GPS isn't co ...

Hey sorry its been a few days, I have been out of town. Want to say thanks first for the input. Performed the checks and got nothing. Tonight when I opened the Naza-M program it showed all the status for the remote in the center and the slider arrow was green. Turned on my remote and connected battery. As soon as the drone connected to the program that slider went dead right and turned black. Got the warning message Error 27-gps not calibrated.  Oh and the reason for the new anti gravity upgrades was due to I had shipped the heli to Maine while visiting, was a dumb ass and had taken my blade guards off to ship and used a wrong length screw and run it up into one of the stock motor windings. Heli connected to the remote when I got there cause that's when I realized a motor was f'd up. During diagnosis connected to naza-m program and updated software and from that point on there has been this blinking light. I can activate the new motors using the program. Sorry for the huge write up but that's the whole story behind this one. Thanks again
2014-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules