Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Should I grounded my mavic?
1864 18 2016-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fai58
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104439 ft
United States

I had done a remote control calibration and noticed the same problem with the graphical interface on iOS showing left stick stuck on the non center location while the physical stick was centered that was mentioned in other threads, I'm afraid it will caused uncontrollable aircraft movements during real flight and most importantly I did not get the DJI care refresh as I didn't realize it has to be 48 hours within aircraft activation.  Please advise DJI!
2016-10-29
Use props
spope
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I am asking the same question, DJI should we "Ground" our Mavic's until we understand this?
2016-10-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered mavic on the 27th of September and while I don't have it yet but when it does show up I'm going to hold off flying for awhile until updated sort things out. If I were you I would wait to fly.
2016-10-29
Use props
tim.www
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100833 ft
United States

Can't speak to the actual flying issue, but I think the stuck joystick issue may be just a software UI issue as the % do reset.  I think the code misses the refresh to update the dot.  But that doesn't explain some of the other behavior.
2016-10-29
Use props
PNW irieLion
lvl.1

when is "Aircraft activation?" I plan on getting dji care refresh once my drone arrives. I felt like the last thing I needed to do was pay another $100 for a warranty on a product I wouldn't get for another month and a half from ordering... Can come one please clarify this? Can I still buy the Dji care refresh for my mavic once my shipping confirmation changes from pending?
2016-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It maybe best to check in open space, try taking off maybe hovering at 6 feet and try flying gently keeping a god eye on the response of the aircraft. Don't fly to far unless your sure you are in control of Mavic ,
This as others have reported seems like it might need firmwear upgrade.
Thanks for posting these post really help..
2016-10-29
Use props
fai58
lvl.3
United States

Thanks everyone for their comments, I did 2 flights so far and they all acted normally, but just afraid as the stick stuck issue was only happened when you have quick move to left or right and let go of it quick during calibration, but in real flights I never do that unless in panic.  Maybe I should set up a nets outside and do those quick movements in real flight to check for sure
2016-10-29
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

PNW irieLion Posted at 2016-10-30 01:04
when is "Aircraft activation?" I plan on getting dji care refresh once my drone arrives. I felt like ...

When you receive your Mavic you have to Activate it to use it, you also need your serial number for this step.  Once you activate it, you have 48 hours to purchase the DJI Refresh Care.  Either way the DJI Refresh Care is good 1 year from Activation I believe.
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

You can try resetting the aircraft to factory settings from the Assistant2 and sync your flight records and delete/reinstall the app.
if it continues then I would contact support and send it in.
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

PNW irieLion Posted at 2016-10-30 01:04
when is "Aircraft activation?" I plan on getting dji care refresh once my drone arrives. I felt like ...

You can purchase Refresh when your aircraft arrives as you will need the serial number from the aircraft anyways. just make sure to purchase it within 48 hours of activation.
I would purchase it now or when it arrives and before activating it.
2016-10-29
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

Doesn't the Mavic Pro come with a 1 year warranty? I thought Care refresh was if you had an accident that was your fault?
2016-10-29
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The issue you describe has been confirmed by R&D to be an app issue and does not influence flight control.
2016-10-29
Use props
fai58
lvl.3
United States

I'm not sure if DJI will considered as mechanical issue as if the remote control is registered the wrong movement by the user.
2016-10-29
Use props
michaelfranklin
lvl.1

United States

Just walked into my house after taking my Mavic on its first flight...Holy crap!! Something is very wrong!! I almost lost the aircraft twice to the controller not responding. Aircraft spun in circle like the exorcist. It them decided to go into "auto pilot" and fly away. I'm like..you got to be kidding me!! Nothing on controller worked...Nothing. It finally stopped and hovered about 6 feet off the ground about 100 yards away..again nothing. I ended up grabbing the thing out of the air and turning it off. Ok...DJI what the heck!!? LOL. This thing is going on the shelf until I hear something...
2016-10-29
Use props
kingdad434
lvl.1

Sometimes dji will let you add dji care after the 48 hours if you email them, they might want you to send in a video of sorts
2016-10-29
Use props
5mNSQujTMJLI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 363862 ft
United States

Is it only good for a year?  
2016-10-29
Use props
davcom1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

michaelfranklin Posted at 2016-10-29 22:50
Just walked into my house after taking my Mavic on its first flight...Holy crap!! Something is very  ...

Michael - I think you should create a new thread for this as it sounds like potentially something serious.

The DJI support guys will then give you advice.
2016-10-29
Use props
michaelfranklin
lvl.1

United States

davcom1 Posted at 2016-10-29 18:05
Michael - I think you should create a new thread for this as it sounds like potentially something  ...

thanks! Dav
2016-10-29
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I read in a thread yesterday and the exact same thing happened to another guy. I believe his didn't hover it flew into a tree. Anyway, I think your the second one.
2016-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules