Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Biggest joke in the history of pre-orders?
123456Next >
9029 202 2016-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rocco12475
lvl.3

WHAT KIND OF COMPANY SELLS A PRODUCT, MISSES A RELEASE DATE AND DOESN'T EVEN BOTHER TO UPDATE THEIR CUSTOMERS WITH A SOLID SHIPPING DATE?

IS THIS A JOKE OR WHAT?????

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?????   ANYTHING AT THIS POINT!

HOW ABOUT GIVING US SOME REAL SHIPPING INFORMATION WHEN TO EXPECT A PRODUCT IN OUR HANDS FOR GIVING YOU OUR HARD EARNED CASH A MONTH AGO NOW?

IS THIS TYPICAL DJI BUSINESS PRATICE TO TAKE CUSTOMERS MONEY AND THAN NEVER UPDATE THEM WHEN TO EXPECT TO RECEIVE WHAT THEY ORDERED?

THIS IS THE 1ST AND LAST TIME I EVER ORDER FROM DJI EVER NO MATTER HOW COOL THE PRODUCT IS OR LOOKS!  

ALL WE WANT TO KNOW IS WHEN WILL WE RECEIVE OUR MAVIC THAT WE PRE-PAID FOR A MONTH+ AGO..... GIVE US UPDATES OR WATCH MASS CANCELATIONS!   

SIGNED
- CARE FOR CUSTOMERS
2016-10-29
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.3

United States

yes from my long time experience in sales and marketing this is really weird marketing service.

They are no in a position to give a real statement because they can't say the truth. Look like the real reason can't be said.
they will try to ship few here and there but they are too late there are many order on opening day still pending.

the way the treat their customer is outrageous for a company ith 6000 employees.

Dji wake up.. we are not waiting for a release day!

we paid to somthing that should be delivered on the 15 of October.

So stop pretending that are just too excited it redicous I  will never buy from DJI
2016-10-29
Use props
Camolin
lvl.3

Apart from your rage-caps-attitude, I do have to agree.

Delay in shipment? ->  No problem for me, just tell me why and when to expect it.

You already got my money? -> Okay, if it does not take too long... If it does, give me a free goodie and I'll trust you again.

But taking 1000$ from thousands and thousands of people for an unpredictable time and not caring to tell them when goods will arrive is messed up.

If it was any other company, I would assume you were in deep trouble and needed cash flow badly.

Greetings from Germany
Camo
2016-10-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know your just blowing off steam but your late to the party, most of us are out of steam.
2016-10-29
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.3

United States

no its not steam I will not buy dji products any more
2016-10-29
Use props
thefilmguy
lvl.1

I submitted my dispute with Paypal. This isn't worth the frustration anymore. I'd say I'd wait till issues are ironed out and orders are caught up however I never want to buy from outside the US again.
2016-10-29
Use props
Birdog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 664521 ft
United States

They say they are all very busy trying to get orders out as soon as possible, and to me the way to fix that is to hire more people but that will have an impact on thier profits of course.

I imagine there are some people in a room somewhere wearing very expensive suits trying to do the math.

Hire more people and get things moving faster = less profit
Take to long to deliver, people will cancel orders = less profit (even though quite a few of us would probably purchase one in the future(I would)).

Drive down the middle and have staff insist deleveries will be "Soon".

Today is 1 month since i paid £1250 and I still have nothing to show for it, and no information about mu purchase, though I sure the mods will say it will arrive "Soon".
2016-10-29
Use props
leostark
lvl.3

Australia

I think we actually need to see some healthy competition, let's face it, DJI knows they have a solid product and everything else in the market sucks in comparison, they are using that competitive advantage to leverage their position. I reckon any business would do that but that definitely affects the sustainability of the organization itself. I've seen some pretty convincing arguments about why DJI isn't transparent. Either way, I don't think we can expect DJI to be transparent about why/when in this issue at all so I've stopped fuming as it gets me nowhere.
2016-10-29
Use props
bbkinglives
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

And they will close this thread in 3..2..1...
2016-10-29
Use props
bbkinglives
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

I ordered Sep. 29th and already submitted a dispute with my CC company Friday. This was my first time dealing with DJI and my last. I will never ever deal with this company no matter how good their product is.
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

bbkinglives Posted at 2016-10-30 00:41
And they will close this thread in 3..2..1...

I keep seeing this posted, the thread will not close if it's kept within the forum rules.
2016-10-29
Use props
Wasabi6
lvl.4
United States

Yep ...this thread gets deleted in 3....2.....1.....
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

bbkinglives Posted at 2016-10-30 00:43
I ordered Sep. 29th and already submitted a dispute with my CC company Friday. This was my first tim ...

You submitted a credit card dispute, what happened when you tried to cancel your order with DJI?
2016-10-29
Use props
rocco12475
lvl.3

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-30 00:47
You submitted a credit card dispute, what happened when you tried to cancel your order with DJI?

Ken, I understand you are doing your job and a good job you are doing but can you answer real questions like when will orders placed a month ago be sent out vs answering questions about when someone tried to cancel?
2016-10-29
Use props
rocco12475
lvl.3

I posted the MOST important question EVERYONE would like the answer to and you only responded to someone who didn't even ask a question and only made a comment! lol
2016-10-29
Use props
bbkinglives
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-29 12:47

Nothing happened hence the dispute. No response for days, just the generic email response that has already been reported here, we are to busy to respond to your email. Thankfully I have a very good credit card (chase sapphire preferred) and they will handle it from this point. They refunded my money and are dealing with DJI. So I suggest to others as well that if you have not heard from DJI in a reasonable amount of time to let the credit card company deal with it. Sitting on people's money for weeks/months on end is totally unacceptable in my opinion.
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rocco12475 Posted at 2016-10-30 00:49
Ken, I understand you are doing your job and a good job you are doing but can you answer real ques ...

If I could answer your question I would, I could answer the other person's question so I did.
2016-10-29
Use props
rocco12475
lvl.3

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-30 00:47

Why so worried about helping someone who ALREADY canceled and how they did it vs dealing with customers who still allow DJI to hold their money?
2016-10-29
Use props
rocco12475
lvl.3

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-30 00:55
If I could answer your question I would, I could answer the other person's question so I did.

The other person did not ask a question that required an answer.... They simply stated how they canceled their order because they didn't get a reply back from DJI.

However, my question is valid and DOES REQUIRE AN ANSWER!
2016-10-29
Use props
bbkinglives
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-10-29
Use props
HjM4qzGDMUeQ
lvl.3

I am second to the thread creator, communication from DJI is terrible and needs to be improved.
2016-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Birdog Posted at 2016-10-29 17:22
They say they are all very busy trying to get orders out as soon as possible, and to me the way to f ...

China has more than a billion people , it is a very low wage economy, almost certain it's not a staff hiring issue, maybe plant machinery can't produce the numbers, because it's not big enough,
2016-10-29
Use props
dVml9xhTeHCG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336709 ft

I cancelled my pre-order last night. No sense receiving it now because it's too cold (where I'm from) to fly it anyway. I'll keep my $$$$ until the spring then buy it from BestBuy where I will have some sort of hassle free return policy. Hopefully BestBuy will have it in stock by then. ;)
2016-10-29
Use props
rocco12475
lvl.3

This is the information we get from DJI... Note the line that says "It should ship out within November" because the previous email I received said it should ship out within October.   Is Dec. next email?  

Thank you for contacting DJI online store.
I am very pleased to help you.

Since Mavic Pro is a very new product, there are a high demand of it . It is hard for us
to tell you the accurate shipping date of this order right now. It should be shipped out
within November on a first come first served basis.

Even though we are not sure of the time, we will keep you updated by email .

Should there be anything else I can do for you, please just let me know.
We are always an email away.
Have a great day!

Best Regards
DJI Online Store
2016-10-29
Use props
Visual Air
Captain
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-29 10:55

Hi DJI KEN.
Well can you not ask the person that you report too? and escalate? as to why there is not even a proper update as a minimum?
My order page has remained the same for the last two weeks with no current updates.
Perhaps you could provide an email address of someone with an ounce of authority as customer service chat lines etc appear to give a different version of excuse every time.
Surely you must be accountable to someone that can escalate and at least give an honest account of what is truly happening.
Even if its a hardware shortage would be more acceptable than simply ignoring the complaints.
2016-10-29
Use props
JudgeRoyBean
lvl.1

I'm still waiting and will happily wait a little longer.  I have contacted DJI several times and I always receive the very same crafted response.  Who knows when they plan on shipping, if at all.  I'm giving it one more week (it will be 6 weeks since the original order), after that I will file dispute with PayPal, the credit card tied with PayPal account and lastly I will file a formal complaint with the US Federal Trade Commission.   I sure hope it doesn't get to that point but DJI has left little doubt that it is not a reputable and honest company.

DJI Ken, you have been the best representative of DJI on this forum and the reason ive remained patient.  I'm sure if DJI promoted you up the chain of command we would have our products in hand by now.  Hope you're  feeling better after your recent surgery.

JRB
2016-10-29
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI does not have the infrastructure to update each person with an estimated delivery time.  It's has been that way since their first drone.  It's a young company that is learning to deal with its sudden success.  The bottom line is, if you can't wait, get a refund.  When they release their next drone, the odds are this will happen again, as it has happened in the past.  If you want cutting edge technology, you have to deal with delays and occasional malfunctions.  I agree it sucks to not get something you want when you want it, but it's really not a big deal.  They've recently confirmed they are shipping combos and they are into the October pre-orders now, so it looks like shipping is moving along well.
2016-10-29
Use props
Vertical.Creati
lvl.4
United States

z7BdJFqOQUAg Posted at 2016-10-29 12:13
no its not steam I will not buy dji products any more

then how about posting your order cancelation and deleting your forum account to demonstrate the seriousness of your intentions...

... yeah, that's what I though.
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

bbkinglives Posted at 2016-10-30 00:55
Nothing happened hence the dispute. No response for days, just the generic email response that has ...

I am sorry about that, I did not realize that they were that backed up with emails.
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Visual Air Posted at 2016-10-30 01:24
Hi DJI KEN.
Well can you not ask the person that you report too? and escalate? as to why there is  ...

I know we all want an update, and I'm sorry another one hasn't been given.
Believe me, I've been asking.
2016-10-29
Use props
Lepus
lvl.4

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-30 00:46
I keep seeing this posted, the thread will not close if it's kept within the forum rules.

Don't you think he should at least EDIT the post so it's NOT ALL in CAPS.
2016-10-29
Use props
bbkinglives
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-29 13:40
I know we all want an update, and I'm sorry another one hasn't been given.
Believe me, I've been a ...

I know. DJI-Ken you have been great given the limited capacity given to you by DJI higher-ups. I hope someone in the company is taking notice of all of this and correct these issues, which I think are fundamental if the company is to prosper and survive in the future.  
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Lepus Posted at 2016-10-30 01:45
Don't you think he should at least EDIT the post so it's NOT ALL in CAPS.

No, it's his thread and I understand his frustration and the all caps.
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

bbkinglives Posted at 2016-10-30 01:55
I know. DJI-Ken you have been great given the limited capacity given to you by DJI higher-ups. I h ...

Thanks, and I'm here to provide technical support and those questions are starting to funnel in as the Mavics are being delivered.
Trust me, I do understand everyone's frustration and we all will get our Mavics in time.
And they already know customers are looking for more shipping answers.
2016-10-29
Use props
rocco12475
lvl.3

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-30 02:02
Thanks, and I'm here to provide technical support and those questions are starting to funnel in as ...

Thank you for all your help!  I know you cannot control what is happening and I just feel we should at least get an update as to what is happening.

Someone posted that ALL pre-orders placed in Sept. have been shipped but I still see people posting today who have ordered the first day or second day and still they said the status of their order says pending.

We would just like to know what to expect and when...... I really don't think that is much to ask but that's just me.
2016-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

usere70e752800 Posted at 2016-10-29 18:58
Method007- why don't you go back to sending DOZENS and dozens of tweets calling the Gizmodo author n ...

Why are personally attacking people, your acting like a bully, you have appeared here the last two days waltz in with your debatable article, trying to bully and force your opinion on as many people as you can. We've never heard from you before ,
Now after two days , you are so self righteous about everything you say, what you don't know we could write on the back of a stamp,
People are entitled to a different opinion than yours, so stop trying to bully.
2016-10-29
Use props
Birdog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 664521 ft
United States

rocco12475 Posted at 2016-10-29 19:06
Thank you for all your help!  I know you cannot control what is happening and I just feel we shoul ...

Sept 29 combo order, I have nothing and have been told nothing
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rocco12475 Posted at 2016-10-30 02:06
Thank you for all your help!  I know you cannot control what is happening and I just feel we shoul ...

I totally understand, and whomever posted that ALL Sept orders have shipped was incorrect.
I'm sure they're will be another update announcement soon. We all just have to wait for it. I do see videos and posts popping up more and more of customers getting their combo packages, so shipping is ongoing.
2016-10-29
Use props
rocco12475
lvl.3

Birdog Posted at 2016-10-30 02:11

So this gentleman ordered on the 29th of Sept.

2 Full days after pre-orders started being accepted.  So this means 2 days worth of orders have yet to even been filled yet.

If that doesn't scream product issue, I don't know what does!

Think about it logically.  The company said we didn't expect such an overwheming amount of orders.  
Does this mean they didn't even plan for 2 days worth of orders?  

2016-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Birdog Posted at 2016-10-29 19:11

Birdog, my advice is to email sales for info I ordered like yo on the 29th and have sent a few emails, I have always received a reply within 24 hours, I have since the first announcement of delay consistently been getting the same reply. My order will ship in early November I am taking this to mean before middle of November, this also matches in with what the google spreadsheet says, after middle of November if my order has not shipped then I have decisions to make,
If it does ship well my order will be about 3 weeks late which is fine with me considering what has happened..
2016-10-29
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules