Been out of loop
1780 15 2016-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jacksdrone
lvl.3

United States

I have a p3p that i haven't touched since march. What new technology is out there for fpv goggles?

2016-10-29
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

I don't know that, but have you flown it yet?   Some people have trouble with them if they've been sitting for a while.
Mine gave me a persistent No Signal error that took me a while to finally resolve.

Good luck finding goggles
2016-10-29
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

You might have a few firmware and App upgrades coming your way!! Im 56 yo and for FPV I use the Headplay Goggles as long as you have the HDMI module installed on you RC. I say the Headplay because I see you wear glasses?? so if you buy the Headplay Goggles you can wear them with your glasses on. If you cannot focus on the screen head over to RHO-Lens.com and order a prescription lens IF you need it.....thats my thoughts on FPV!! http://rho-lens.com
2016-10-29
Use props
jacksdrone
lvl.3

United States

DINGO DOWN UNDE Posted at 2016-10-30 00:10
You might have a few firmware and App upgrades coming your way!! Im 56 yo and for FPV I use the Head ...

Guess Ill have to get that module pretty soon then eh? Thanks for info!
2016-10-31
Use props
jacksdrone
lvl.3

United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-10-29 22:17
I don't know that, but have you flown it yet?   Some people have trouble with them if they've been s ...

Will let ya know if I have any trouble. Thanks
2016-10-31
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

jacksdrone Posted at 2016-10-31 15:48

Aloha jack,

If you want to forgo the recent issues until DJI resolves the problems, stay with the DJI GO versions 2.9.0 and 2.9.1.  Keep the Remote controller at 1.6.0 and do not let the Phantom get above 1.8.80.  That is the stability zone for now.  There are many app upgrades and firmware updates.

If you have a nVidia Shield K1, it has an HDMI port that displays the entire flight screen, not just the telemetry data.  But, in my opinion, the best resolutions come from the HDMI module that DJI sells to replace the USB module on the bottom of the Remote Controller.  I also use the HeadPlay goggles.

BTW, is you do decide to fly with the DJI HDMI module, you will have to reinstall the 1.6.0 firmware after the installation so it recognizes the new module.

Hope this helps!  DJI should be rounding the corner on the updates soon, but this should hold you until then.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-31
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

if you use a 3rd party app like litchi you can use a cheapy phone vr headset. not sure on latency though. i have a p3s i  tried dronevr and it seemed ok..  my complaint was no record function  and when i went rth i had to pop on djigo to cancel but the fpv looked good
2016-10-31
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Maybe you want to take a look at the new DJI Mavic Pro, announced but not yet obtainable, unless you are a pro reviewer,etc.  It has been said by Dji that it will eventually ship with a set of proprietary wireless goggles for fpv.  Current base price for the Mavic is 999.00 us.  Half the size and weight of a P4, 27min flight time ( optimal) 4 mile range by using new software tech, wings and props fold for a smaller package, a bunch of new features, in short,  the best drone ever at this, or almost any, consumer price point.  Oh ya, 4k camera, essentially the same as the P4.
I'll be getting one as soon as they start shipping.
Whew, got a little carried away there.
2016-11-1
Use props
jacksdrone
lvl.3

United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-10-31 23:16
Aloha jack,

If you want to forgo the recent issues until DJI resolves the problems, stay wit ...

Aloha! Thanks for the advice. Gonna fire it up this weekend weather permitting
2016-11-2
Use props
jacksdrone
lvl.3

United States

billwish76 Posted at 2016-11-1 00:17
if you use a 3rd party app like litchi you can use a cheapy phone vr headset. not sure on latency th ...

Thank you!
2016-11-2
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Jack,

I installed the HDMI module on my P3Pro RC. I also fly with an Nvidia Shield and a Galaxy Tab S2. I kept my birds on FW v1.4 and fly with an older version of Litchi (Pre SDK 3). My birds fly great, I get all of the advanced flight modes and I've avoided all of the constant update headaches. After much research, i decided on the Fat Shark Dominator V3 for my goggles. I can use them through the Nvidia Shield or through the HDMI module. I can also use the with my new racing quads. They have an HDMI port and the 5.8g module (had to buy seperately) for the racers. I'm enjoying my P3Pro's, my Solo, my racers and my goggles! Good luck with getting back in the air!

Jerry
2016-11-2
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

Did have the Headplay but my Reference is now the Avegant glyph for FPV which has superb video quality (Best of ALL goggles imho) and has the ability to allow you to look up for LOS and down to your RC controller and ahead for perfect picture with no pixelation.   
2016-11-3
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

How are you going old mate...get anything sorted??
2016-11-8
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

jacksdrone Posted at 2016-11-1 09:48

How are you going old mate.....any progress yet??
2016-11-8
Use props
jacksdrone
lvl.3

United States

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2016-11-9 00:26
How are you going old mate.....any progress yet??

Gonna get to it this weekend! Great of you to keep me in mind!
TYVM
2016-11-9
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

jacksdrone Posted at 2016-11-10 07:34
Gonna get to it this weekend! Great of you to keep me in mind!
TYVM

No problem...enjoy having a fly!!
2016-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules