Inspire 1 and Full Size DSLR ??
4259 6 2015-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Do you think the Inspire 1 will have the lifting capacity for a DSLR payload such as a Cannon EOS 5D Mark III if the existing camera and gimbal was removed and replaced with new gimbal for a DSLR.
Could this be an option that DJI provides in the future.  This would surely make it more appealing on a professional level with ability to attain better quality still images.  That said I guess it would drastically reduce flight time with the aditional weight.

2015-2-5
Use props
youtalk

United States

Buy an s900
2015-2-5
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To lift a 5D lll and associated gimbal, DJI recommend an S1000. Big beast of a thing with 8 props. It comes out at well over the 7kg threshold. Impressive bit of kit. Another option is the s900 with a GH4. 4K video and 16MP stills. That's what I want off Santa!!!! Gunna do the hoovering and everyfink but I still won't get one I bet!!!
2015-2-5
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Dave E Posted at 2015-2-6 03:11
To lift a 5D lll and associated gimbal, DJI recommend an S1000. Big beast of a thing with 8 props. I ...

Must be on the naughty list then !!
2015-2-5
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

defo, I have to pay council tax on the naughty step!!
2015-2-5
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Dave E Posted at 2015-2-6 04:23
defo, I have to pay council tax on the naughty step!!

The I1 is what most AV/AP pilots have always felt necessary.
You need a craft that can carry a relatively large battery payload plus a nice, light cam.

Most nice cams are not light, so to fly the additional payload, the airframe size has to increase along with the required battery payload to give decent flight times.
That's why the DJI pro line products are so large.

I use the Z15 gimbal/BMPCC on an S800 Evo frame, and the rig weighs in at 16.5 pounds.
The BMPCC is a true midget when it comes to video cams.
It's so small, that it's difficult to use handheld and not stabilized.

The I1 seems to have a fair bit of excess power, but not what it would require to lift a conventional, nice cam.
2015-2-5
Use props
andreydzhioev
New
United Kingdom

Hi all!

What do you think about using "Olympus Air” or something like this  with Inspire 1?

For me and many other people its necessary  for make decision and buy Inspire.

You NEED good photo camera on Inspire.

Best regards,
Andrey
2015-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules