Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC IN APPLE STORES NOV 2nd
6271 77 2016-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Babblin5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1558 ft
United States

Okay, here's what I know. I placed an order with Apple, and their representative did state that it's preparing to ship. When asked, she did see that it's coming from DJI fulfillment and NOT Apple's warehouse. Now, whether that means that it's shipping by boat or plane is anyone's guess. She did say that "everyone else's order that went to preparing to ship shows a November fulfillment" and NOT December 21st as Apple's store indicates. I ordered yesterday. Make of that what you will.
2016-10-31
Use props
Mooney
lvl.4

United States

Sky, when he finds his drone absent at Apple on Wednesday.
2016-10-31
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.4
Flight distance : 562802 ft

My pending charge of the CC was released today...now waiting for the 2nd charge - if some guys in the forum are right
2016-10-31
Use props
Lepus
lvl.4

Canada

devGOD Posted at 2016-10-31 06:38
watch it be the Karma.... my local best buy will have the GoPro Karma in stock in 3-4 days. I think  ...

Did you see the review of the karma?  Apparently it is a piece of junk
2016-10-31
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

In U.S. or generally? I'm leaving in Germany and it would awesome if I can grab one this Saturday ;-)
2016-10-31
Use props
Babblin5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1558 ft
United States

Mpampis Posted at 2016-10-31 15:28
In U.S. or generally? I'm leaving in Germany and it would awesome if I can grab one this Saturday ;- ...

Not sure. I'm in the U.S.
2016-10-31
Use props
brightlights200
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My Apple UK order is the same, they've ring fenced my funds only to release them again a few days later.
2016-10-31
Use props
AYA74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2002713 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Apple orders will start shipping and Mavic be available in Apple stores "around the globe" (I quote DJI) on November 2...
Well, we all know now that after the so-called launch on Oct 15, that was another false and misleading statement from DJI to the consumers. The only true date was Sep 27 to take the preorders, of course.
2016-11-1
Use props
fans72110239
lvl.3

United States

Just checked Dec 23 pickup all stores near Annapolis, MD, US
2016-11-2
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So are all Apple Stores flooded with Mavic Pros?
2016-11-2
Use props
Apriliamgt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1155823 ft
  • >>>

No, as people that ordered on the 27th, our orders still show available in November
2016-11-2
Use props
mikesher.live
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Every day (for the past 2 anyway), the store availability gets pushed out a day.  Two days ago it was 12/21, today is 12/23.  So, 7 weeks + 2 days rolling?   Shipping shows 6-7 weeks consistently.  
2016-11-2
Use props
Apriliamgt
Second Officer
  • >>>

I can see apple cancelling all mavic orders soon as the contract has not fulfill.
I've ordered from somewhere just in case as they are actually giving some indication of a date
2016-11-2
Use props
AYA74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2002713 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Just for your DJI reps to refresh your memory.
IMG_0797.JPG
2016-11-2
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.4

United States

Apriliamgt Posted at 2016-11-2 07:08
I can see apple cancelling all mavic orders soon as the contract has not fulfill.
I've ordered from  ...

Lots of resellers gave dates...  which came and went.
2016-11-2
Use props
Ultraflight77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 881598 ft

AYA74 Posted at 2016-11-2 22:16
Just for your DJI reps to refresh your memory.

I bet Apple and many retailers cut ties with DJI after this disaster of a pre launch. I know it has left a bad taste in my mouth...
2016-11-2
Use props
dana5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Ultraflight77 Posted at 2016-11-2 22:29
I bet Apple and many retailers cut ties with DJI after this disaster of a pre launch. I know it ha ...

I bet they DON'T cut ties. Apple has nothing to lose in this partnership, nor has DJI had any negative effect on Apple. DJI has merely pushed back delivery to retailers due to unfroseen popularity of the new drone. Apple, like Amazon and Best Buy, will all have the drone in good time. The only people that have issue with the delay are those who feel that they deserve their drone NOW, and that DJI owes them. I feel that the only valid complaint anyone should have is that DJI ran a charge immediately on credit cards for pre-order, where they should not have done so until the drone is physically shipped. That was just wrong on DJI's part.
2016-11-2
Use props
Apriliamgt
Second Officer
  • >>>

We all know dates came and went ... the issue here is.. they stated 2nd November and without a word of what is actually going on
2016-11-2
Use props
copilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

So how many have been sent out in total??? Pretty obviouse they wernt really ready to launch it....there would have been pellets and pellets of these mavics if they were!!?? Will still wait it out not in a big rush nor have I handed over full amount but I feel for the ones who have...the unknown when a expensive product will turn up...days,weeks,months?? That's what everyone really wants to know
2016-11-2
Use props
dana5
lvl.4
United States

copilot Posted at 2016-11-2 23:05
So how many have been sent out in total??? Pretty obviouse they wernt really ready to launch it....t ...

There probably ARE palettes of Mavic's in transit. They are probably wanting to do an official launch world wide, which means they have to get distributed first. Again, they are not going to send them piece meal via DHL. That would not be smart, or cost effective in any way. They have likely been in transport on ship and rail. For the US alone, it would take a couple weeks for them to travel from China to the US, in bulk (not like the dhl delivered pre-orders). Once in the country, they would ride by truck (or rail, then truck) to warehouses for apple, best buy, amazon, etc... And then be available for sale or to fulfill back orders (non-dji direct pre-orders). I think they are right on track. I stated this weeks ago that I did not expect Mavic delivery through retailers until Nov 15 at the earliest. Of course, I was bashed for it, and told I did not know what I was talking about... Typical for this forum. But I still believe they are on their way, and deliveries should be flooding in in a couple weeks. Hopefully sooner, but probably not.
2016-11-2
Use props
fansd473ae4e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171634 ft
  • >>>

I called two apple stores in Michigan. The earliest is Dec.23
2016-11-2
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.4
Flight distance : 562802 ft
United States

fansd473ae4e Posted at 2016-11-2 11:24
I called two apple stores in Michigan. The earliest is Dec.23

I'm in Michigan too and my order still shows November - I'm not sure if I should keep my order in the system just to sell it afterwards, I ordered a Phantom 4 a few minutes ago  ;-)
2016-11-2
Use props
stealle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

Ultraflight77 Posted at 2016-11-2 09:29
I bet Apple and many retailers cut ties with DJI after this disaster of a pre launch. I know it ha ...

I keep seeing these posts about how pissed Apple is going to be if DJI doesn't get their $h!t together.  I seriously doubt Apple cares at all.  Mr. Apple probably just shrugs his shoulders and says "oh well, we'll sell them when they get here." This is no reflection on Apple. They are just a third party seller. Apple can only benefit from selling these on behalf of DJI even if they have to wait for months for them to arrive to the store. They'll just tell angry customers to be angry at DJI.
2016-11-2
Use props
Ultraflight77
lvl.4

stealle Posted at 2016-11-3 00:59
I keep seeing these posts about how pissed Apple is going to be if DJI doesn't get their $h!t toget ...

Apple gets a cut,are they getting a cut with nothing to sell? And yes their reputation is affected by false promises and NO product to sell.
2016-11-2
Use props
stealle
lvl.4
United States

Ultraflight77 Posted at 2016-11-2 12:05
Apple gets a cut,are they getting a cut with nothing to sell? And yes their reputation is affected  ...

Apple is a huge company that is wildy successful with their own product line. The extra money they make from selling DJI's products is nice pocket change so why not, but that's all it is... pocket change. Apple's image will not take a hit on this. 99% of their customer base has never even heard of this "Mavic".
2016-11-2
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You were so certain that Apple would be selling the Mavic in their stores today... Are you going to share the photographs that you undoubtedly took of yours to prove how wrong absolutely everyone on this was?
2016-11-2
Use props
Ultraflight77
lvl.4

stealle Posted at 2016-11-3 01:09
Apple is a huge company that is wildy successful with their own product line. The extra money they ...

I guess most of their customers have never hear of the phantom 3's and phantom 4 too! that they sell. You are mindless
2016-11-2
Use props
dana5
lvl.4
United States

I keep seeing these posts about how pissed Apple is going to be if DJI doesn't get their $h!t toget ...

Exactly. For Apple, DJI sales are probably not even a measurable percentage of their annual revenue stream. 80% comes form the iPhone, and the rest is divided up between Mac Books and Apple TV (tablet sales went off a cliff, so those are not measurable either). They make more money from dongle sales than they do from DJI products. You need a $30 dongle for almost everything you attach to an Apple product, and the markup is huge. Again, Apple is not going to care if DJI delays delivery of inventory.
2016-11-2
Use props
fans69d7daab
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-2
Use props
warrior200
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Pick up from Apple Store UK just got this off the website.
Apple Store, Trinity Leeds
Albion Street, 209 Trinity Leeds
43.05 mi
43.05 mi from LS1 5AR       
Available:
4 Jan

Apple Store, Meadowhall
80 High Street
43.76 mi
43.76 mi from S9 1EN       
Unavailable for Pickup

Apple Store, Manchester Arndale
New Cannon Street Mall
73.69 mi
73.69 mi from M4 3AJ       
Available:
4 Jan

Apple Store, Trafford Centre
146 Peel Avenue
78.23 mi
78.23 mi from M17 8BL       
Available:
4 Jan

2016-11-2
Use props
stealle
lvl.4
United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-2 12:16
Exactly. For Apple, DJI sales are probably not even a measurable percentage of their annual revenu ...

I guess you are "mindless" too. lol

The Phantom line has been out for years. Sure, much more people are aware of them. However, I bet the vast majority of Apple customers do not realize the name of the company that sells them is called DJI or even that it's called a "Phantom". So no, most Apple customers are unaware of a new drone called the "Mavic" let alone angry about not being able to buy one.  I rarely see any serious customers with intent to buy huddled around the Phantoms when I go to an Apple store. It seems like the Apple stores I go to are usually packed and most of them interested in iPhones.
2016-11-2
Use props
Mooney
lvl.4

United States

Deleted, sorry was another thread.
2016-11-2
Use props
stealle
lvl.4
United States

Mooney Posted at 2016-11-2 12:43
You may want to read my earlier post.

Apple stores here are getting plenty of heat about the lack ...

I don't think one lunatic going off the deep end qualifies as "plenty of heat" in Mr. Apple's mind.  That guy will just face some jail time, heavy fines, and be forgotten about.
2016-11-2
Use props
fansf906a12b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 406585 ft
United States

I don't think Apple will be happy about this. Having physical stores is really expensive and their whole premise relies on people thinking they offer more than online purchasing.
They know a customer who likes the store experience is much less likely to order online, someone ordering online is much more like to chose a different product and certainly not pickup things
in store they never intended to get. So any knock on confidence on store service is a very negative thing. Specially when people visited the store, was told they could pick it up the 2nd and now
and being pushed back 4 weeks. Then the same individuals see they could have purchased on newegg 10 days later and already have had it. It's not a good image for them and Apples image is important.

Someone responsible for procurement is probably getting a stern talk to about this.
2016-11-2
Use props
Ultraflight77
lvl.4

Here put your 2 cents in on this thread!

http://forum.dji.com/thread-70689-1-1.html

No

It

All....
2016-11-3
Use props
Mooney
lvl.4

United States

Anyone heard from Skyrider?

Is he hanging out at the Apple store telling them to quit hiding the Mavics?
2016-11-3
Use props
fans6a2557c0
New

United States

davcom1 Posted at 2016-10-31 03:02
What happened to your Bestbuy order? And your order with DJI?

Your post a few days ago -

November 31st?,  Best Buy is just messing with him...
2016-11-3
Use props
MHM1170
lvl.3

I was at a best buy today and noticed they have a very nice DJI display in the store.  They show a picture of the MAVIC in a very nice display case saying "COMING SOON"   I asked a customer service rep when do expect to have this new drone in stock.  He looked it up on the computer and said NOV 30th,  He asked me if I would like to place an order now and he would call me when they get in, I placed an order with him.  I am so excited this will be my first drone..............I love DJi products.
2016-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules