Any UK mavics yet ?
2256 35 2016-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

it would be good to see if any mavics have been released in the UK or you could be the first to post I've got it.
2016-10-30
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

Got mine being delivered on Friday. I'm almost certainly going to cancel though. Too many similar reports of uncontrollable drones to be a coincidence. It's causing me much consternation.
2016-10-30
Use props
warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Jenkins Posted at 2016-10-30 17:51
Got mine being delivered on Friday. I'm almost certainly going to cancel though. Too many similar re ...

I'm also a bit concerned about it but I'm not cancelling. If it goes wrong or I lose it then dji can replace it.
2016-10-30
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Maybe they will, but judging by those that have had problems it will take a lot of time and effort. They haven't acknowledged that there is a common problem as every day another person has the same erratic behaviour and it's 'send your logs and wait for them to be analysed'. Could very possibly take weeks.
2016-10-30
Use props
warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Jenkins Posted at 2016-10-30 18:14
Maybe they will, but judging by those that have had problems it will take a lot of time and effort.  ...

Are these people who are having problems is it their first drone ?. This will be my first dji I have other makes.
2016-10-30
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yes and no. Irrelevant how much experience you have anyway. If the drone is completely unresponsive and you can't force ATTI.
2016-10-30
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah.. many from what I have seen across the forums/social media.
2016-10-30
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

+Plus:  The sensor on the mavic cam can not properly pull 1080 / 60. Unfortunately, 1080P60 and P96 are both binning modes. That means the sensor will down sample the signal by a simple averaging, something like (1+1)/2, which is not an optimal anti-aliasing filter. In this case, the frequency through the lens is much higher than the sensor can handle. Therefore, aliasing happens before the processor acquires the signal.
Seems that it's ok up to 30fps but that's it ! (Information from other thread)
Keep your P4 if you have one, or buy one before you spend your money in this invention. Unless you want it for pictures.
2016-10-30
Use props
Repsolkid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7418 ft
United Kingdom

Bullflyer Posted at 2016-10-30 21:40
+Plus:  The sensor on the mavic cam can not properly pull 1080 / 60. Unfortunately, 1080P60 and P96  ...

I'm in the UK and have now decided not to buy the Mavic until I read on here that there have been successful solutions to these random issues, especially the RTH problems, left stick not working, and the death spiral.

I want to see how DJI handle these issues too, as I feel like they have completely screwed their new product introduction here, and rushed the launched.
I could be wrong, but having spent many years in manufacturing of front end technology products and getting them to market too quickly, I know how messy things can get.

I will probably buy next year once the product becomes reliable. I don't need a £1000 falling brick.
2016-10-30
Use props
fans149fd48f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine was delivered last Wednesday.  Had a few flights now (limited with a single battery though), and it is performing well.  I'm quite happy with the quality of stills, but haven't done any testing of video yet.  I've not done any extreme range testing yet either...

Andy
2016-10-31
Use props
dlbleach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280266 ft
United Kingdom

Just had my fly more combo delivered this morning, will be going out to fly it pretty soon.
2016-10-31
Use props
fans4c54d323
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105558 ft
United States

Ordered through DJI website. Not delivered yet but i did also order the fly more combo and a extra battery and other stuff so unsure when it will arrive.

Would be nice to get it this week so figures crossed.
2016-10-31
Use props
geordie8t1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14409554 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Through jessops uk and they dont even know when stock will be arriving.....
2016-10-31
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105558 ft
United States

geordie8t1 Posted at 2016-10-31 04:57
Through jessops uk and they dont even know when stock will be arriving.....

I spoke to them yesterday. It all depends when you ordered.

They told me if i was to order today i wouldn't get it till december
2016-10-31
Use props
geordie8t1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14409554 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlameBoy Posted at 2016-10-31 12:00
I spoke to them yesterday. It all depends when you ordered.

They told me if i was to order today  ...

I ordered on Oct 2nd and was told i was in first batch which was initially told oct 15th then 21st, 25th then 31st and now basically just november.....i wouldnt mind so much but i just wanted to take this on my travels...i will hold out until a few days before departure before cancelling.....very poor from DJI this whole situation
2016-10-31
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28750 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its obvious DJI wanted to get this out to disrupt GoPro Karma sales (as the mavic is clearly a better drone) but it is a shame they are not providing more information. However, as with lots of new products like this there is always a lead in time for shipping and the demand for the Mavic has been overly strong. We have all lived ok up until now without it....just have to be patient and wait......especially so if they are finding problems with the first batch sent out. Need to get that sorted!
2016-10-31
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If people do get theirs delivered (UK customers) can they detail if they have ordered fly more and also where they ordered from (DJI, Amazon etc). I ordered mine (fly more pack) from DJI direct at 10:30am on 28th Sept.
2016-10-31
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dlbleach Posted at 2016-10-31 11:49
Just had my fly more combo delivered this morning, will be going out to fly it pretty soon.

was that direct from DJI? When did you place your order?
2016-10-31
Use props
dlbleach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280266 ft
United Kingdom

MuzzaPuppa Posted at 2016-10-31 12:29
was that direct from DJI? When did you place your order?

Yes this was DJI direct, order placed 27th Sept at 17.31 utc
2016-10-31
Use props
thefurmanuk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15994 ft
United Kingdom

I cancelled my DJI order for the combo (03/10) and stuck with my Amazon combo order (16/10) which should be delivered on Friday.  I am a bit worried about some of the issues so dealing with Amazon is usually less hassle than dealing with DJI seems to be.
2016-10-31
Use props
fansef15dac2
New

United Kingdom

I ordered the Mavic without the "fly more" pack from WEX the other day, they still "expect stock in November" but I'll not hold my breath!
2016-10-31
Use props
warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I ordered mine on the 5th October from Apple and it says ships November . I hope it's not bull poo.
2016-10-31
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I ordered the Mavic Fly More combo package on release day. Today it sits on my table, mavic with 3 batteries etc etc
UK
2016-10-31
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i guess, like me, everyone is resigned to the fact we won't be getting our drones anytime until middle of this month at the earliest. Has anyone received theirs in the past couple of days?
2016-11-2
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine has been shipped this morning just to update if you are in the UK. Fly More Combo and i ordered on 28th Sept at 10am. DHL delivery and should be delivered Friday.

2016-11-8
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft

There's a lot of new Mavic Pro videos being uploaded onto YouTube. One video was of a flight in Melbourne, which is in Australia. I'm highly certain that there are quite a few Mavics being received in the UK. Most of them probably suffering from defects like blurred lens, irratic movements during flight, and other annoying issues. That's what happens when a product like the Mavic Pro is rushed into the market.
2016-11-8
Use props
fansb82702ae
New

United Kingdom

I'm also considering cancelling my order for a combo with Amazon just too high a failure rate for such an expensive product. It's starting to look like a case of when it will fail rather than if now too...
2016-11-8
Use props
brightlights200
lvl.1

I ordered from Apple UK 01/10 & no news yet, also ordered from Amazon UK much later on 23/10 again no news(but I don't expect it from Amazon due to my laorder). Anyone heard anything from Apple UK?.
2016-11-8
Use props
warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

brightlights200 Posted at 2016-11-8 11:07
I ordered from Apple UK 01/10 & no news yet, also ordered from Amazon UK much later on 23/10 again n ...

I've only heard that it's still shipping in November and my Paypal pending has disappeared and apple told me that it's still going through.
2016-11-8
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

fansb82702ae Posted at 2016-11-8 18:09
I'm also considering cancelling my order for a combo with Amazon just too high a failure rate for su ...

That's one of a number of reasons for why I've changed my own order of the Mavic Pro from DJI directly to an another re-seller like Amazon or Jessops. So I can delay the order further, possibly even past the new year and hopefully receive a unit that works perfectly, for lack of a better word. I will need more flight batteries than just the three supplied with the Fly More Combo bundle for my adventures anyway, I will also need time to acquire a suitable Manfrotto bag for the aircraft, and it's far too cold and windy here in the United Kingdom during these two months of November or December to do any flying at all. I shall wait.
2016-11-8
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
  • >>>

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-11-9 01:21
That's one of a number of reasons for why I've changed my own order of the Mavic Pro from DJI direc ...

I will let you know how i get on when mine arrives. I must admit i really did not feel as bad about the delays when i saw the numbers of issues. Was hoping DJI had just stopped shipping and was sorting all problems out. Lets hope all is well with my one when it comes
2016-11-8
Use props
Will_UK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I live in the UK but ordered from the USA as i was there for the original delivery window. Miss that...it got delivered to my uncles in Virginia...then onto a friend in Georgia who has then just flown down to Brazil to meet me! Will actually have in this afternoon!! Should have just ordered it straight to the uk in the first place...much less hassle!
2016-11-8
Use props
warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Will_UK Posted at 2016-11-8 18:27
I live in the UK but ordered from the USA as i was there for the original delivery window. Miss that ...

Well at least you got it faster than I did
2016-11-8
Use props
Cotti7
New

United Kingdom

Still heard nothing from Amazon...
2016-11-15
Use props
Will_UK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

just completed my 1st hour of flight and no issues to report. all went as planned and tested all the features. great bit of kit!
2016-11-15
Use props
warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Will_UK Posted at 2016-11-15 13:02
just completed my 1st hour of flight and no issues to report. all went as planned and tested all the ...

That's good news I'm glad everything is working and you have no issues. It's half way through November and nothing to report from Apple, they have 2 weeks left and I hope they deliver on time or I want 2 batteries for the price of one.
2016-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules