Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 video signal lost
5611 27 2016-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cyril.Szczepani
Flight distance : 13783 ft
France

Hi,I bought a DJI Phantom 3 4K about 5 months ago. One week ago I have decided to fly upper but I always loose my video transmission when I hit 100m (up or far away)
I would like to know if this is something normal? I've updated it today and always the same.
Thanks !
2016-10-30
Use props
Flybee
Captain
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Hi.

I had a 3 4K also and had the same problem after the latest upgrade.
I sent it for repair, (only one month old) had other problems as well.

I should not be like that of course.
Hope you find a solution.
2016-10-30
Use props
Cyril.Szczepani
France

Thanks for your answer. Have you already received it? Did it solved the problem?
2016-10-30
Use props
Flybee
Captain
Sweden

Cyril.Szczepani Posted at 2016-10-30 21:45
Thanks for your answer. Have you already received it? Did it solved the problem?

I swapped it for an P3A instead (First flight yesterday) and the problems with transmisson are gone.

2016-10-30
Use props
leebailey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71785 ft
United Kingdom

i have a p3 4k also and i also loose signal both rc and video at about 100m alt annoying
2016-10-30
Use props
Cyril.Szczepani
France

Flybee Posted at 2016-10-30 23:22
I swapped it for an P3A instead (First flight yesterday) and the problems with transmisson are gone ...

Happy to read that!

Personally I chose the 4K model to shoot high quality videos. I don't need to fly 1km away, but I'm really frustrated with this limitation of about 100m.

Today I don't know if it's a software or material problem, and apparently I'm not the only one in this case with the 4K model. Can someone bring us an answer?
2016-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Cyril, please make sure the antenna is in correct orientation and I'd suggest you to fly it farther firstly then raise the altitude.
Here is the video tutorial for your reference.
2016-10-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Have you changed other open locations without interference to check the results? Because it's WiFi image transmission, which will be easier to be affected.
Besides, may I know what mobile device you are using? DJI GO APP is the latest, right?
2016-10-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

leebailey Posted at 2016-10-31 06:36
i have a p3 4k also and i also loose signal both rc and video at about 100m alt annoying

Please do not fly it above your head, and try to fly it farther firstly then higher.
Since it's easy to be affected by the interference, please choose an open filed to have a test.
2016-10-30
Use props
Flybee
Captain
Sweden

Cyril.Szczepani Posted at 2016-10-31 00:18
Happy to read that!

Personally I chose the 4K model to shoot high quality videos. I don't need to ...

Bonjour

So did I :-)

I don't have any intentions of going so for away either.
I like the improved video feed a lot though.

About hardware/software I totally understand what you are saying.
My guess is software since this one have been around for a while and it would be more complaints about it if it was hardware.

If you can be without the Aircraft for a while you should consider sending it back for and evaluation though.

Mean while, do like Mindy and Natalia says about open fields and flying higher.

Good luck
2016-10-30
Use props
Cyril.Szczepani

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-31 10:29
Hi Cyril, please make sure the antenna is in correct orientation and I'd suggest you to fly it farth ...

Thanks for your answer. I've already seen this video, but I made some new try with different antenna positions this morning. The maximum distance I've reached is 200m, but no way to go upper than 90-100m. I have no problem with my RC but with always the video signal... I tried different locations but still the same.
2016-10-31
Use props
Cyril.Szczepani

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-31 03:32
Have you changed other open locations without interference to check the results? Because it's WiFi i ...

Yes I tried different locations, still the same problem (little city, forest...) I have the last version of the app (3.0.1) with an iPhone 7 Plus.
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cyril.Szczepani Posted at 2016-10-31 20:51
Yes I tried different locations, still the same problem (little city, forest...) I have the last ve ...

You do not have any problem for the transmission before, right? It just happens suddenly after 5 months?
The aircraft firmware is up to date?
2016-10-31
Use props
Cyril.Szczepani

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-1 11:12
You do not have any problem for the transmission before, right? It just happens suddenly after 5 m ...

I've updated it like  3 days ago with the last one.
The truth is that I didn't tried to go so far before this, so I simply don't know if this is software or material problem.
I needed to go farther to shoot a scene and I simply can't. I don't know what to do?. Thanks
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cyril.Szczepani Posted at 2016-11-1 17:46
I've updated it like  3 days ago with the last one.
The truth is that I didn't tried to go so far ...

Actually speaking, there is no issue with the firmware.
Maybe it caused by the environment, you could check the WiFi signal around with your mobile phone, go to settings, it will shows the signal strength in the WiFi list.
Would you please sync your flight records through APP and  provide your APP account username (E-mail address)? we'll help you check it.
2016-11-1
Use props
Cyril.Szczepani
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-1 11:06
Maybe it caused by the environment, you co ...

Thank you, I'll do this when I'll get back home!
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cyril.Szczepani Posted at 2016-11-4 07:28
Thank you, I'll do this when I'll get back home!

Fine, please keep us posted.
2016-11-5
Use props
Cyril.Szczepani
France

Hello,
2 more flights added today on my account : TIT4NZ.
The first one was for the length, I lost signal when I hit 200m.
The second one for the height, cannot go under 45-50m...
I've just sync my account. Please let me know if you have an issue.
2016-11-11
Use props
harry0112
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167651 ft

Peru

Cyril.Szczepani Posted at 2016-10-30 15:45

Two weeks ago I have a problem with my phantom 3 standard, I eh flown and when I get to 80 meters distances the app starts to say lost signal and then returns home, I vole in rural areas to make sure that no no interference. I mind flying above 800 meters away and everything was fine. What's up? help me!!
2016-11-11
Use props
fans17168dd5
lvl.1

United States

I have had a similar issue, I bout range extenders for the antenna, and so far testing has been good
2019-1-8
Use props
djiuser_aGDOUwswxryy
New

Costa Rica

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-1 02:06
Maybe it caused by the environment, you could check the WiFi signal around with your mobile phone, go to settings, it will shows the signal strength in the WiFi list.
Would you please sync your flight records through APP and  provide your APP account username (E-mail address)? we'll help you check it.

Im glad i got to read your post.
I  have aph3 advanced. I live in the city of san jose costa rica. I have problems with the video  signal after 150 m of distance, i can go further but the video begins to lag.
I have flied on open field and i can get up to 1500 meters as long as i face the drone but in city im done for.
Would there be a way you could help me?
I have sent it to a tecnician who performed several tests and swaped many components unsuccessfully
2020-5-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_aGDOUwswxryy Posted at 5-3 22:47
Im glad i got to read your post.
I  have aph3 advanced. I live in the city of san jose costa rica. I have problems with the video  signal after 150 m of distance, i can go further but the video begins to lag.
I have flied on open field and i can get up to 1500 meters as long as i face the drone but in city im done for.

Read this, it will explain the problem to you: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=205527
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_aGDOUwswxryy
New

Costa Rica

Geebax Posted at 5-3 23:34
Read this, it will explain the problem to you: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=205527

Thank you.
Somehow the link leads to an empty page. What did it say?
2020-5-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_aGDOUwswxryy Posted at 5-4 22:15
Thank you.
Somehow the link leads to an empty page. What did it say?

It works for me. It leads to a forum post.
2020-5-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Weird - doesn't work for me either.  
2020-5-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 5-6 04:54
Weird - doesn't work for me either.

I just looked at the post again, and it appears to have been heavily edited, all the drawings that I went to considerable trouble to produce, have been removed and all that is left is text, that refers to the non-existant drawings. Nice work DJI.
2020-5-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 5-6 14:21
I just looked at the post again, and it appears to have been heavily edited, all the drawings that I went to considerable trouble to produce, have been removed and all that is left is text, that refers to the non-existant drawings. Nice work DJI.

Strange.  For me it says

Sorry, specified thread does not exist or has been deleted or is being Audit
[ DJI FORUM Home ]

I tried it with three diff browsers and got the same.  
2020-5-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 5-7 02:36
Strange.  For me it says

Sorry, specified thread does not exist or has been deleted or is being Audit

Very odd indeed.
2020-5-7
Use props
Advanced