11530 91 2016-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-3 12:02
Agree entirely, just seems most first flights are being done indoors by inexperienced flyers , I h ...

If Mavic is SO SMART, then why doesn't it detect 'inexperienced pilots?'
2016-11-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-11-3 19:21
If Mavic is SO SMART, then why doesn't it detect 'inexperienced pilots?'

It does , so it just can't be arsed
2016-11-3
Use props
EZTropical
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303734 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

two weeks flying my MAVIC EVERY DAY ...EVERY DAY ...PERFECT  !!!
2016-11-7
Use props
fans34c91fb6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

EZTropical Posted at 2016-11-7 21:51
two weeks flying my MAVIC EVERY DAY ...EVERY DAY ...PERFECT  !!!

And how is this post helpful to someone that crashed their Mavic?
2016-11-7
Use props
markvalath
New

Singapore

Hi DJI Ken and DJI Mindy,

Please kindly have a look at my log files as well, I am having some flight problems as well. Had a number of crashes due to this.

Please revert soon, I have dropped Ken an email already.

Thanks guys!

Cheers!
Mark Valath
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

markvalath Posted at 2016-12-3 17:02
Hi DJI Ken and DJI Mindy,

Please kindly have a look at my log files as well, I am having some fl ...

I replied to your email.
2016-12-3
Use props
silentdrummer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 773619 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I had exactly the same problem and I can reproduce it! When I'm flying indoors (no GPS) and there is enough light, everything is fine. As soon as I turn the light off, the mavic switches to atti mode and starts drifting backwards and slightly to the left. The problem is, that it won't fly forward manually anymore, so can just hope it gains control again after switching on the light again or to get it down fast enough to land.  Furthermore the Emergency Stop doesn't work at all! (I tried both settings and was unsuccessful!). i crashed it two times because of that before i figured out the reason!
2017-1-16
Use props
fans05463fc7
New
Flight distance : 16053 ft
United States

I had a nearly exact situation.  I've been flying a Phantom 3 for a while and decided to upgrade to a Mavic Pro.  I purchased this for many reasons, but one of the main reasons was to be able to fly indoors our in areas with limited GPS signal, but with VSP, since my phantom 3 didn't have this feature.  Anyway, I took off and hovered in the apartment with the controller showing OPTI mode.  I then flew slowly to another part of the room and apparently it was too dark so I saw that I switched from OPTI to ATTI mode and immediately the drone flew backwards towards me, causing me to have to duck out of the way and then it veered left into a wall and sheared off the gimble.  I had no stick control of any kind and the speed had clearly increased as if I was moving the drone, but I actually wasn't applying any stick control at all, that is until it went crazy.  Bottomline the issues sound very similar that whether you have GPS or OPTI issues when the drone transfers into ATTI mode it becomes unflyable and in fact becomes a fly away.  I am trying to send mine in for repairs and synced my flight data, but DJI has been anything but helpful, in fact still waiting 3 days later for a shipping label and am told every time "It's being processed, just wait.  So far DJI support, even with the DJI Refresh, which I believe shouldn't ahve to be used in this case as it was a fly away has been HORRIBLE
2017-2-8
Use props
fans05463fc7
New
United States

silentdrummer Posted at 2017-1-16 02:04
I had exactly the same problem and I can reproduce it! When I'm flying indoors (no GPS) and there is enough light, everything is fine. As soon as I turn the light off, the mavic switches to atti mode and starts drifting backwards and slightly to the left. The problem is, that it won't fly forward manually anymore, so can just hope it gains control again after switching on the light again or to get it down fast enough to land.  Furthermore the Emergency Stop doesn't work at all! (I tried both settings and was unsuccessful!). i crashed it two times because of that before i figured out the reason!

I had this exact same issue, but mine didn't recover and crashed into a wall and sheared off the gimbal.  I thought I was crazy, as my Phantom 3 has always been so reliable, but admittedly I had never flown it indoors.  

There is clearly a problem with the firmware that it acts so bizarrely after losing either GPS or OPTI mode.  Now that I realize I can't count on VPS to always work and the drone has this issue when going into ATTI mode I am not going to trust it to fly in locations where signal might even be a concern.  Quite frustrating though as I thought the Mavic Pro would be better at handling more diverse flying locations.  Thanks for sharing.  I will use this post as part of my argument to DJI for repairs, which I am sorrily disappointed, so far in the process.
2017-2-8
Use props
fans05463fc7
New
United States

Question for everyone.  If we are all seeing that whenever you switch in or out of GPS or OPTI mode and into ATTI and the drone becomes non responsive, does this mean that unless it goes back into GPS or OPTI mode it will always become a fly away and non responsive to control (as listed in other posts on this thread)  If so, risking flying the Mavic Pro in any environment could ultimately lead it to fail if it lost GPS or OPTI signal To me that makes me afraid to even fly it at all.  I know that on my Phantom 3 it would periodically show ATTI mode while flying but never did it become unresponsive
2017-2-8
Use props
fans1afb3c35
New
Flight distance : 435728 ft
United States

Has this issue been addressed at all?!?! I'm afraid to start flying my Mavic next week. I hate companies that take your money then make you pay for it when they screw up. Sounds like the makings of a good class action.
2017-3-1
Use props
Nitrotekk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 287418 ft
United States

This is the only thread I've been able to find that is similar or the same issue I face. What is scary is my Mavic did the same thing almost word for word. I was about 30ft above my landing pad and the drone decides to start making a hard left and slams into my house without any interaction by me to the controls. Here is what i see at that exact moment in the logs. I cannot really decipher much here as i'm not experience in these logs yet but I know that I didn't switch modes myself and it just had done so on its own.

Z        03m 52s        28.9 ft        67 ft        Mode        Mode changed to GPS_Atti
a        03m 56s        39.4 ft        70 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Joystick
b        03m 56s        39.4 ft        70 ft        Mode        Mode changed to ActiveTrack
c        04m 10s        38.1 ft        64 ft        Warning        Subject Lost. Searching...
d        04m 10s        38.1 ft        63 ft        Mode        Mode changed to GPS_Atti
e        04m 23s        22.3 ft        17 ft        Warning        Subject Lost. Searching...
f        04m 26s        7.2 ft        22 ft        Mode        Mode changed to ActiveTrack
g        04m 26s        7.2 ft        22 ft        Warning        Subject Lost. Searching...
h        04m 26s        7.5 ft        26 ft        Warning        Subject Lost. Searching...
i        04m 27s        7.2 ft        29 ft        Mode        Mode changed to GPS_Atti
j        04m 27s        7.5 ft        32 ft        Warning        Subject Lost. Searching...
k        04m 28s        7.5 ft        32 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Joystick
l        04m 28s        6.6 ft        32 ft        Mode        Mode changed to ActiveTrack
m        04m 28s        5.6 ft        32 ft        Mode        Mode changed to GPS_Atti
n        04m 28s        4.6 ft        31 ft        Warning        Braking now! Return sticks to midpoints first.
o        04m 28s        0.7 ft        31 ft        Warning        Braking now! Return sticks to midpoints first.
p        04m 29s        -2.6 ft        32 ft        Warning        Motor Obstructed
q        04m 29s        -3.0 ft        32 ft        Warning        Attitude too Large. Exit Forward Obstacle Sensing.
r        04m 31s        -7.2 ft        34 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Atti
s        04m 32s        -13.8 ft        34 ft        Warning        Satellite positioning off. Fly with Caution.
t        04m 33s        -22.0 ft        31 ft        Mode        Mode changed to GPS_Atti
u        04m 34s        -23.9 ft        33 ft        Warning        Braking now! Return sticks to midpoints first.
v        04m 35s        -21.7 ft        33 ft        Warning        Braking now! Return sticks to midpoints first.
w        04m 35s        -16.4 ft        33 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Atti
x        04m 36s        -12.1 ft        33 ft        Warning        Satellite positioning off. Fly with Caution.
y        04m 41s        -2.0 ft        33 ft        Mode        Mode changed to GPS_Atti
2017-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules