1782 6 2016-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gzman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone used the Moto X Pure Edition with either the Osmo Mobile/Osmo +/Mavic Pro?

Since DJI seems IOS centric...I've read where there might be certain limitations/restrictions/problems with Android devices.

Any and all comment(s)/experience(s) would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,
gzman

2016-10-30
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It will work fine, except the 4K shooting might not be available in the DJI Go app for it now.  You will have to use native camera app.
2016-10-31
Use props
gzman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-31 01:40
It will work fine, except the 4K shooting might not be available in the DJI Go app for it now.  You  ...

Any idea when there might be a firmware update to address this issue?   Sort of need to know prior to purchase.
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

gzman Posted at 2016-10-31 11:41
Any idea when there might be a firmware update to address this issue?   Sort of need to know prior ...

I do not, DJI Go has some compatibility issues with some Android phones, we're solving them one by one.
2016-10-31
Use props
giggidditygiggi
lvl.2
United States

I was trying to get it to work since Wed this past week with my Moto X.. bluetooth shows the osmo connected BUT the app never did find it...after countless of off-on reboots n re-install apps.. it just never changed.  The phone was new, picked it up same time with the osmo mobile to replace my cheap amazon blu phone I had a few months..it works with the amazon phone instantly lol. ugh crappy phone though that lags after awhile which is why I liked the Moto X pure..                                                      

Edit: Did do the firmware update after finding the online manual about it and plugging it directly to my PC .  Still no change.  The Moto X pure bluetooth settings see's the osmo, connects and disconnects fine through the phone settings, even tried to let the app connect without the phones-bluetooth settings adding the osmo yet, the dji go app will not connect.  BUT once I got it connect with my Blu phone so it was able to calibrate, played with the tracking (which is awesome). I am able to stick the Moto X and just turn it on without letting the DJI app do anything, seems to generically be a stable gimble and letting your phone on its own video -minus tracking ..bummer.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
Just glad it works somewhat without the dji app, thought I had a lemon after seeing so many youtube unboxings and it working easily.  Getting past the calibration on a new osmo mobile is likely going to bugger many people who don't get it working straight out of the box.

2016-11-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

giggidditygiggi Posted at 2016-11-5 03:21
I was trying to get it to work since Wed this past week with my Moto X.. bluetooth shows the osmo co ...

"BUT the app never did find it"

Hi, you need to slide and find the Osmo Mobile picture manually in DJI Go, then connect to the bluetooth, then you click the blue camera button and enter into the camera.
2016-11-6
Use props
giggidditygiggi
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-6 23:47
"BUT the app never did find it"

Hi, you need to slide and find the Osmo Mobile picture manually i ...

I've been doing that.

Any other osmo selection will have "How to Connect" instruction pop-up... once I use the drop down to osmo mobile it will say "Connect Your Device".  Endless loop animation and the message "osmo mobile not found..."

I factory wiped the blu phone prior and only installed the blu go app after frustration night after the moto x didnt work.  It worked instantly...idk $59 phone...
2016-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules