o(^-^)o
seedubb
lvl.1

United Kingdom

GCU 1.2 (1.6 available)
IMU 1.4
BATTERY 1.15
RECEIVER 1.0.0.12 (1.0.0.15 available)

I've been trying to get my Ronin-M's tilt movements to start smoother since I first started using it a few months ago.
Every up / down movement starts quite abruptly, no matter what Smooth Track settings I have configured.

Currently I have Tilt Acceleration set to 0, but you can still clearly see the Ronin's angle changing quite sharply once the deadband has been reached.I have tried it with Acceleration from anywhere between 1 and 25 and see the same initial movement each time.

I only just got the remote controller unit out of the box for the first time. Upon using the RC I can get the initial tilt motion to be much smoother than just steering the Ronin with the handles.

Is this a known issue, or anything anyone else has tried to overcome before?

Is it anything that upgrading GCU & Receiver might help?

And does this mean using a thumb controller might also gain smoother tilt & pan movements?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

2016-10-31
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

Can you set deadband on smoothtrack to 0 or less than 10? I have a ronin-m and it works very smooth, my deadband is 7
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Please try valealvarez's suggestions and let us know if the issue persists. In addition, what Ronin Assistant app version are you running?
2016-11-2
Use props
seedubb
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-2 16:19
Please try valealvarez's suggestions and let us know if the issue persists. In addition, what Ronin  ...

I'm using DJI Assistant V1.1.27 at the moment. I've just seen there's an update though, I will update and try and post some video samples tonight.

Thanks
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

seedubb Posted at 2016-11-4 02:41
I'm using DJI Assistant V1.1.27 at the moment. I've just seen there's an update though, I will upd ...

Please keep us posted.
2016-11-3
Use props
seedubb
lvl.1

United Kingdom

That seems to have helped a lot! I was sure I'd tried lower Deadband settings but didn't think the tilt angle/deadband would affect the smooth take-off that much.

I'll take it for a proper spin tomorrow but it looks good for now!

Thanks valealvarez & Jamie.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

seedubb Posted at 2016-11-4 07:51
That seems to have helped a lot! I was sure I'd tried lower Deadband settings but didn't think the t ...

Glad to hear you were able to sort it out, thanks for the update!
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

seedubb Posted at 2016-11-4 07:51
That seems to have helped a lot! I was sure I'd tried lower Deadband settings but didn't think the t ...

Glad to hear you were able to sort it out, thanks for the update!
2016-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules