Carbon Fiber Camera Guard for P2V+
2265 11 2015-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
old_sailor
lvl.1

United States

I did a search for this guard and found nothing on the forum. If anyone has used this Carbon fiber camera/gimbal guard, please let me know:http://www.uavbits.net/store/p4/ ... Guard_for_P2V_.html
Thanks!

Carbon Fiber Chttp://www.uavbits.net/store/p4/ ... _for_P2V_.htmlamera Guard for P2V+Carbon Fiber Camera Guard for P2V+

2015-2-5
Use props
kirk2579.aol
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

I did buy the CF guard  and the inertia piece. I had it on the evening I crashed my vision into the garage door frame. Broke 2 props , battery flew out( still on) and the phantom crashed straight down about 4 feet to pavement.
I got away with nothing but black scuff marks are a couple arms and the 2 props.
Think the guards have paid for them selves as all works fine
2015-2-6
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

I have this camera guard. Haven't crashed yet, but I can tell you it's very high quality and it looks like it'll protect the camera if you crash onto something.
2015-2-6
Use props
bpsullivan1.mac
New

United States

I purchased this guard and it has already paid for itself. I had a low-battery flyaway (my fault) and the aircraft came down in some rough foliage. Without the guard, I am sure the camera/gimbal would have been damaged. Instead, the guard helped the PV2+ nestle nicely on top of the branches, with zero damage.
2015-2-6
Use props
allbritt.verizo
lvl.2

United States

I have the clear guard and the inertia guard.  Haven't crashed, but I sure feel better about flying know I have beefed up the protection for the camera and flex cable.
2015-2-6
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I looked at these and they will definitely save some cams and gimbals. At the same time, I really wonder if something this strong is needed- I guess if you land hard straight down on a rock it may be, but I suspect most which damage the cam are much lighter.

I bought a metal gimbal separation preventer - but I'm going to cut my own bottom protector out of some light plastic..just can't bear spending $30-$40 on this...although I know CF is expensive stuff.
2015-2-6
Use props
SavannahQuad
lvl.2

United States

I own several laser cutters and I am going to just cut one from poured 1/8" acrylic.  I think if I hit something hard enough to break the acrylic I'm not too sure the carbon fiber would have saved it. .
2015-2-6
Use props
steve
New

United States

I bought the clear plastic guard and the inertia guard. First time I crashed the plastic guard broke to pieces camera was not harmed inertia guard still intact. Broke all four blade protectors and blades. Replaced the plastic protector with a carbon fiber one and replaced the blades and blade guards. Crashed again, carbon fiber guard held up great, the inertia guard split and fell off with the rubber band still intact and the camera came apart tearing the ribbon in three places also broke all four of the blade guards and chipped two blades. My experience so far. (both crashes were fly-aways that met trees)
2015-4-19
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-4-19
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

you aren't able to see this with the camera right?
2015-4-20
Use props
jtrjr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

trsmith18@hotma Posted at 2015-4-20 22:16
you aren't able to see this with the camera right?

Tr,

No, it does not interfere with the camera.

Jerry
2015-4-20
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules