Please cancel my order (Ken, Ed)
3450 33 2016-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
XDfh2UKILeWX
lvl.1

United States

Ken & Ed,

Thanks for your continued patience and help during the shipping problems. I've waited for an hour on the chat and am getting no response. I ordered on the 28th of September. My order number is 001199079172.I ordered under the assumption that the target release date would be 15 Oct. That was not met and I do not have a problem with that. However, "as fast as we can" is not a new target date. I don't know if I should expect to wait days, weeks, or months. I also don't want to wait an unknown length of time to receive a product that was rushed during production and has already demonstrated various problems.

"We are committed to fulfilling orders on a first come, first serve basis."  That statement seems to have been deliberately false.

I've been patient and sympathetic, but I can't be forever. This fiasco and the resulting non-communication of meaninful information has exceeded my personal tolerance limit.

I request your assistance in cancelling my order.

Thank you, Chris.

2016-10-31
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

They can't cancel for you, they have tried before on others and were told you have to. Go through your cc or payment and place a dispute.  Best option to email them.
2016-10-31
Use props
D&G
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Not to seem like a vulture but transfer the spot in line to me! I do agree tho not having a date is a let down !!
2016-10-31
Use props
XDfh2UKILeWX
lvl.1

United States

Ok, I thought they had the ability to forward the cancellation request directly to the appropriate department and bypass the chat system where there are currently 25 people ahead of me.

Hopefully, it doesn't take as long to cancel a Mavic as it does to ship a Mavic.
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

Dear Chris, I'm sorry for the experience. Could you please send an email to onlinesales@dji.com using your DJI account? We need to make sure the order was canceled by the owner. Thanks.
2016-10-31
Use props
XDfh2UKILeWX
lvl.1

United States

I will send an email. Thanks.
2016-10-31
Use props
XDfh2UKILeWX
lvl.1

United States

Just received a confirmation email a couple hours later that my order has been cancelled.

I also got through to someone via chat who also confirmed it was cancelled. They apologized and said that "DJI was learning valuable lessons about the preorder process". I hope they do. I will give them another chance in the future after they have improved the purchasing and shipping issues as well as the apparent hardware issues. I think it's just a very young and inexperienced company dealing with complex problems they were unprepared for.
2016-10-31
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

XDfh2UKILeWX Posted at 2016-10-31 10:16
I think it's just a very young and inexperienced company dealing with complex problems they were unprepared for.

I believe DJI has been in business for 10 years on the books.

These problems with service and delays are fairly common for them according to their history.

The forum mods state that service is better than ever. I have only been a customer for a few years. I have not seen a positive improvement. Repair service turn time might be faster, however, repair quality on the other hand has not been in my experiences. I deal with a lot of companies. There are a select few that I cringe when I have to deal with. DJI is at the top of the list currently. When it works, their tech is sure fun to play with though...

2016-10-31
Use props
fansf7d499d6
lvl.1

Spain

I just cancel mine this is disgusting feeling!
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

XDfh2UKILeWX Posted at 2016-10-31 22:16
Just received a confirmation email a couple hours later that my order has been cancelled.

I also go ...

Glad you got taken care of, Hopefully you'll get a Mavic when they are available in stores.
2016-10-31
Use props
ed24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292674 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-31 17:58
Glad you got taken care of, Hopefully you'll get a Mavic when they are available in stores.

Ken, honestly, can we expect an update soon?
2016-10-31
Use props
frank7
New

United States

DJI Store Posted at 2016-10-31 02:38
Dear Chris, I'm sorry for the experience. Could you please send an email to  using your DJI account? ...

Thank you for posting these instructions.. Unfortunately canceling my order as well. Bet of luck in the future.

Perhaps DJI is a victim of modern supply chains in which, when one orders a product, it is delivered almost immediately (the amazon effect). Thanks.
2016-10-31
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>

frank7 Posted at 2016-11-1 02:08
Thank you for posting these instructions.. Unfortunately canceling my order as well. Bet of luck i ...

I didn't order a Mavic but own 4 other DJI-products.
Just thinking: aren't you guys not just a tad too critical ? I mean we 'preordered' the new Apple Series II watch three weeks ago, got no news since then, although everything was paid. Calling the store today gave us the information that 'perhaps' delivery would be around 15th of december.
"Can you guarantee delivery before december 24th because it's a X-mas gift ? ---> "Sorry, no".
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ed24 Posted at 2016-11-1 02:05
Ken, honestly, can we expect an update soon?

There's many more Mavic and combo shipping out as you see more and more people saying they have received them or getting tracking numbers.
And those are only the ones here and on other social media which is probably a small amount of the people who ordered. So I think there's a whole lot of them shipping, how many, I have no idea.
I don't know when an official update will be made.
2016-10-31
Use props
lclerc69
lvl.2

i am on many forum in france and all the "big company" who order the mavic receive a maximum of 4 MAVIC
it's a big laught because they ordered at least 50 mavic in the same date (before the 30 of september).....
the last who receive the pre-order mavic must be in the end of jully lol
2016-10-31
Use props
KulaHI
lvl.1

United States

XDfh2UKILeWX Posted at 2016-10-31 04:16

I also go ...

Thinking of cancelling mine also.  Can you post back how long it takes for DJI to credit back your payment?
2016-10-31
Use props
oFxvxT2yXT8i
New
United States

Just sent an e-mail asking to cancel my order a few minutes ago.  Will update when I receive my refund.
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

oFxvxT2yXT8i Posted at 2016-11-1 10:44
Just sent an e-mail asking to cancel my order a few minutes ago.  Will update when I receive my refu ...

No problem, if they don't respond by tomorrow afternoon let me know.
2016-10-31
Use props
Bbovett
lvl.1

United States

I have been trying to cancel my order for three days. I got a response after about 12 hours asking me to reconsider and have been ignored ever since. I guess I will have to take it up with my CC company tonight after work.
2016-11-1
Use props
NickOhler
New

United States

I'm also cancelling my order regretfully.How long do refunds take? Should I also dispute with my CC company?

I was more than excited to get the Mavic. But it seems that there are too many problems to spend $1,100 on.

Thank you.

2016-11-1
Use props
oFxvxT2yXT8i
New
United States

DJI-Ken - I sent an e-mail to onlinesales@dji.com like you requested.  I asked to cancel my order.  I received an automated response over 36 hours ago, but nothing since that time.  Should I be concerned yet?  With no new solid information coming from DJI, I would really like to have my money back.  I have also waited over 1 hour, multiple times, for the online pre-sales chat.  However, I was never connected with anyone?

How do I cancel my order and get my money back?

-Frustrated customer
2016-11-2
Use props
thefilmguy
lvl.1

United States

After 3 days of emails requesting a cancel/refund, no one replied. Opened a dispute with PayPal and that finally got their attention. This company sucks.
2016-11-2
Use props
fans1ef288d0
lvl.1

United States

I'm just trying to cancel a separate order I made for the type C USB, one of the reps told me it doesn't come in the box. Then I was told after I bought it that it will be included in the box. I don't want to pay the 10$ shipping fee, but I wouldn't be upset to have the extra connector. No one got back to me about yet.
2016-11-2
Use props
4Vm3jKFJNnUn
New

United States

PhanFran Posted at 2016-10-31 14:31
I didn't order a Mavic but own 4 other DJI-products.
Just thinking: aren't you guys not just a tad ...

How is it "too critical" to expect a company to meet and fulfill it's contracts including it's widely published ship dated of Oct 15th?  

Integrity matters.  And if they had any, they would do something to compensate people whose orders are late, but they have shown no intention to.   

Further making the problems worse for people are statements like "here's an update" ---and then the update is basically just that they did not meet the deadline which has already passed and that they will ship them someday.....no apology, no answers, no dates.  

2016-11-2
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

XDfh2UKILeWX Posted at 2016-10-31 15:16

I also go ...

'They apologized and said that "DJI was learning valuable lessons about the preorder process". '

That's just standard corporate speak. "We'll do better in the future", while not saying anything about the current problems, what they are, what caused them, what they're doing to fix them, or when they will be resolved. But don't worry because next time everything will be great.
2016-11-2
Use props
oFxvxT2yXT8i
New
United States

oFxvxT2yXT8i Posted at 2016-11-2 09:09
DJI-Ken - I sent an e-mail to  like you requested.  I asked to cancel my order.  I received an autom ...

Finally got through to an agent on pre-sales chat!  Guess what they told me to do?  They said I needed to send an e-mail to onlinesales@dji.com, which I've already done.  Glad I waited for that!

I still have no response to my original e-mail.  So, I had to start a dispute with PayPal.  We'll see...
2016-11-2
Use props
jmoya03-sp
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-1 10:50
No problem, if they don't respond by tomorrow afternoon let me know.

DJI Ken. I got mine more than a week ago, however its defective with a bad lens as several people are having. This really sucks in that now I have to return it and who know how long it will be until I get a new one.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jmoya03-sp Posted at 2016-11-3 10:03
DJI Ken. I got mine more than a week ago, however its defective with a bad lens as several people  ...

I'm sorry about that, I see your video.You said DJI has already seen it and offered an exchange correct?
Also, you said you were going to od a brick wall test, can you post that video.
And reply in your thread and not here since the topic is unrelated.
2016-11-2
Use props
oFxvxT2yXT8i
New
United States

oFxvxT2yXT8i Posted at 2016-11-2 15:16
Finally got through to an agent on pre-sales chat!  Guess what they told me to do?  They said I ne ...

Finally got an email response.  They cancelled my order.

As far as my case that is open with PayPal:  DJI responded and said they can't refund me until the case is closed.  That's because they say PayPal has the funds locked while a case is open.  So, I begrudgingly closed the case with PayPal (and can no longer report issues with this transaction anymore) and I hope to get my money back soon.
2016-11-3
Use props
fansaa8afd16
lvl.1

Well I have tried multiple times with multiple emails to dJI and after 4 DAYS NO RESPONSE!!
2016-11-5
Use props
XDfh2UKILeWX
lvl.1

United States

I cancelled the order 7 days ago and no refund yet. I've made lots of cancellations and returns in my time, but I don't remember ever waiting a week for my money to be refunded when the product had never even shipped.

This thing has been my first ever interaction with DJI and I believe myself to be a reasonable person. However, this experience has been one disappointment after another.

I have paid off my credit card as I do every month to avoid a finance charge, so the funds DJI is currently holding is real, earned money that belongs in my checking account after they failed to uphold their end of the deal.

Do you want people to think "DJI is a horrible company?" Because this is how you accomplish precisely that.
2016-11-5
Use props
fansaa8afd16
lvl.1

It's obvious the lack of care or concern for their customers; I'm just curious as to why they respond if you are being NEGATIVE, but won't attempt to help those of us that have not been NEGATIVE; other than trying to get DJI TO ACKNOWLEDGE OUR CANCELLATION
2016-11-6
Use props
destinylove1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89669 ft
United Kingdom

I'm the only one still preordered from the seven friends  that ordered from jesops UK to be honest all the reviews and posts I'm seeing now are a total opposite to before with them all being negative slightly got me paranoid I should be cancelling mine
2016-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules