http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Landing/moverio-bt-200-smart-glasses.do
2015-2-6
Use props
wcough
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10566736 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wish I could answer this one, just last night I was looking into the exact same thing.
Thanks for posting and hope you get some good info
2015-2-6
Use props
bbkillen.gmail
lvl.2

United States

i like the fact that you can get prescription insert.  
2015-2-6
Use props
NomadicFlight
lvl.1

United States

Extremely interesting topic... I will have to look more into this!

Hope someone finds some information!
2015-2-6
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

any updates on this matter
2015-3-15
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

You can still have LOS but can fly FPV. Awesome! But will this work with the I1 setup? Hope so.
2015-3-15
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

well I guess we need to find someone who has tried them out with the inspire and kind enough to share his experience with us!!
from what I have read (but I might be wrong) they  have a wifi and bluetooth connection, not sure about hdmi etc.but would imagine they have that too. I also read initially they were not compatible with light bridge, but apparently were updating software for it to be.
2015-3-15
Use props
dmascheck
lvl.1

United States

I went with the Zeiss Cinemizers and they work fine.
2015-3-21
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

I was told by epson support that they are working with DJI to make these compatible  with the inspire , but they don't expect this to happen too soon, unfortunately! IN my opinion possibly the ideal FPV goggles for the inspire with would allow one to see both FPV as well as simultaneusly also  the drone and  the app through the transparent section of the lens !
2015-3-22
Use props
bdmartens
lvl.2

Canada

This is a bit of an old comment, but Epson Moverio Product Manager Eric Mizufuka had this to say: https://twitter.com/WTEric/status/567933205329743872

Perhaps they need some encouragement?
2015-3-29
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have worn a buddies Moverios... they are very sweet. He uses them with a phantom... I own the cinemizers and can honestly say it is just as easy to look around the cinemizers as it is with the epson... Just a little twist of the head see over the tops or under the bottom... I can easily walk with the cinemizers on because my feet are visible under the goggles (without the shade)... I originally wanted the epson ones but no telling when they will be ready for the inspire...
2015-3-29
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-3-30 10:20
I have worn a buddies Moverios... they are very sweet. He uses them with a phantom... I own the cine ...

You got me tempted there Mark, that's kinda what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the description.
2015-3-30
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Italy

Marktho,
if the Mover would be compatible with the inspire (which we both know it is not presently) which one would you prefer ?
2015-3-30
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Honestly I like the cinemizers because they have the shade to block out the sunlight allowing my eyes to adjust to the monitor and not the sunlight giving me a much better feel for exposure... But I don't mind raising them to rest on my forehead when I need Los.... Plus I was never crazy about the trackpad and software on the epson...
2015-3-30
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I feel like several people are thinking hard on this kind of purchase... So let me try to be objective... The image quality is not better than what you see on the iPad, if you can see the iPad... The really only benefit is the elimination of sunlight and reflection.... If you are on the fence buy them from B&H or somewhere similar and try them out...if you are not satisfied return them...
2015-3-30
Use props
djp
New

New Zealand

I have just purchased a pair of Moverio BT-200 for my Phantom 2 Vision Plus. I am over the hassle of trying to use portable devices for FPV. I can hardly see the picture no matter what I try so this is supposedly the solution. I pick them up tomorrow and will try them this weekend and report back to members here wanting to know what they are like. Wish me luck! I'm certainly looking forward to using them instead of a mobile phone.
2015-5-5
Use props
KnightOwl
lvl.3

United States

I purchased the Moverio BT-200 AV a few months back (bought them before my Inspire 1) and think they have great potential.  If you strictly adhere to the FAA's guidelines no other product allows LOS FPV flying for a single UAV pilot.  Unfortunately Epson is slow to capitalize on this and have not updated the Android OS on the BT200 so that its compatible with the DJI Pilot app.  That said,  at present there is no native support from DJI / Epson for using these glasses with the Inspire 1/ Phantom 3.  I have tested a work around with the iOS version of the DJI Pilot app, if anyone is interested reply and I'll post.
2015-5-7
Use props
ianbradbury34
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218435 ft
Malta

@Knightowl I'm interested to hear what your workaround was for iOS.  I've tried the splashtop app and while it seems to work well for some apps, it just seems to hang when I try video...
2015-5-30
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ianbradbury34@h Posted at 2015-5-30 17:29
@Knightowl I'm interested to hear what your workaround was for iOS.  I've tried the splashtop app an ...

I've been told that Epson will be releasing an HDMI box for the BT-200; I haven't heard of dates, price of packaging but have been told announcements for all should be soon (like within a month+).
2015-6-25
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-6-26 06:36
I've been told that Epson will be releasing an HDMI box for the BT-200; I haven't heard of dates,  ...

Any update on this?

I have seen some talk about using airplay to connect the goggles to an apple device. Don't know how if if this works.

Looking at a 5.8 Ghz to wifi for other quads.
2015-7-23
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJK Posted at 2015-7-24 08:34
Any update on this?

I have seen some talk about using airplay to connect the goggles to an apple  ...

I was speaking to Epson rep today and there is no new word on availability or pricing.  They apparently are still evaluating market numbers to determine the product count run.
2015-7-23
Use props
wescoweb1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1472162 ft
United States

I owned Epson BT-200.  They were a lot of fun for a few weeks...but If they would get their act together and upgrade the version of android (so it could handle the DJI apps) and the hardware, and then put HDMI input on them, they would be SUPER.  I returned them though, since I got pre-launch and 3 months later they were still making promises to me they were not following through with.  The HDMI box is not readily available and has lots of bugs and lag.  
2015-7-25
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pretty interesting find.

Not sure they are very well suited for outside and the sun. I have the Fatshark dominator HD glasses and you are completely covered inside of the goggles lenses. Any sunlight would be detrimental to the view.

Rich
2015-7-25
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-7-26 12:21
Pretty interesting find.

Not sure they are very well suited for outside and the sun. I have the Fat ...

Rich Check this out,  my new version is available in 2 weeks.

You need to check these out http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... /page-3#post-395721 I have a new version coming out that is specifically designed for the P3 (with hdmi board) and the Inspire, These are by far the best on the market. here is some info I just wrote to a private conversation.

I designed the original system to connect wirelessly to the pad or phone that was being used with the phantom, The original system was designed for the phantom 2 vision series, that had to connect wirelessy in most cases, due to the lack of video out on most devices.

The original system worked well, and was about the only alternative, that had the best connectivity to the largest number of devices, It of course had its limitations. The original system still worked with the phantom 3, and the Inspire, I have been waiting though for the hdmi out board to become available, for the P3, before releasing my latest version.

I have been testing with the inspire the last couple of weeks, as soon as my new shipment comes in I will be releasing the new version, I have been working with the factory in china, for a version designed specifically for the P3 (with Hdmi board) and Inspire. The picture is much better in the new version With redesigned circuitry and direct hdmi it is light years ahead of the old version with the P2.

There is no lag and the picture is very good , compared to other glasses these are hands down the best option. They are very thin and light weight , you can see above them and below them maintaining visual sight of the craft at all times , being able to see the pad and the picture in the glasses also, adds a perspective that other glasses cant.

The new version does not have a power supply, they draw their power from the hdmi out on the remote, plug them in and turn on the remote that is it. The screen format is 16x9 unlike other more expensive glasses and goggles, that have the 4x3 screen format. The glasses provide you with the illusion of a 98 in. screen at about 15 ft. based on 32 degree FOV. There is no vertigo affect . I will post more with a demo and some pictures.
2015-7-26
Use props
langwood
lvl.1

New Zealand

You can use Moverio BT200 glasses with the Inspire, use this work around  https://mctague.nz/dl/MoverioGlassesWithDJIPilot.pdf
Works fine we have had no problems, only works with Android tablets.
2015-7-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-7-27 08:45

You need to check these out http:// ...

The future looks bright and  I will wait and see what happens with this
2015-7-26
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-7-27 12:50
The future looks bright and  I will wait and see what happens with this

Here is a couple of pictures and a pretty good critiquing of  the nebula "alien sunglasses" compared to Cinemizers  http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/any-good-fpv-glasses-for-under-500.48999/#post-461979

direct hdmi connected 2.jpg
direct hdmi disconnected.jpg
direct hdmi connected 2.jpg
direct hdmi disconnected.jpg
2015-7-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-7-28 01:17
Here is a couple of pictures and a pretty good critiquing of  the nebula "alien sunglasses" compare ...

Wow, the price is very nice indeed.
looks very cool and hopefully this turns out to be a good option.
Rich
2015-7-27
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-7-28 08:45
Wow, the price is very nice indeed.
looks very cool and hopefully this turns out to be a good opti ...

It is a good option Rich. I have been using them for over a year, with the p2, I made and marketed a wireless interface for the glasses for the p2,  This is my third version. for p3 and Inspire, I have been waiting 2 months for the factory to finish this version for me.  I think they are great , it truly enhances the whole flight experience, being able to have all three perspectives is great, you can maintain visual los with the bird, look at the picture and telemetry info in the glasses, and look at the maps on the pad all at the same time.  And I think the picture is great.  You can see it just fine in the bright sun without the included shield,  I have never used the shield, it would block LOS and the pad.  I would not even want to go out and fly with out these glasses.     
2015-7-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-7-28 09:17
It is a good option Rich. I have been using them for over a year, with the p2, I made and marketed ...

Sounds good, I really like the fact you can see the lenses in bright sun. The Fatshark Dom HD goggles have a great picture and I believe 40* wide angle. I will keep an eye on the progress of these and please keep us updated.

Rich
2015-7-27
Use props
info
lvl.2
Flight distance : 441864 ft
Germany

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-7-28 10:55
Sounds good, I really like the fact you can see the lenses in bright sun. The Fatshark Dom HD gogg ...

Epson Moverio BT 200 works very good with the Inspire 1 and IOS devices.
You just need the " Wireless Mirroing Adapter" connected to the HDMI. No problems at all.
2015-7-28
Use props
DJK
New
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-7-27 08:45

You need to check these out http:// ...

Do they work with apple devices?

I have tried two different units with poor results from both.

I wear glasses, and need to be able to wear them and see clearly while looking into the goggles.

Please let me know when and where to find them, and ballpark cost..
2015-7-28
Use props
KnightOwl
lvl.3

United States

info@muellpress Posted at 2015-7-28 20:57
Epson Moverio BT 200 works very good with the Inspire 1 and IOS devices.
You just need the " Wirel ...

Thorbjorn...Do you have the mirroring adapter?  I have been able to use the adapter on my TV but have not been successful getting the hdmi out of the RC to work.  I'm curious what type tablet are you using to run DJI Pilot (not that this should matter)?
2015-7-28
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

DJK Posted at 2015-7-29 10:48

The latest set plugs directly into the hdmi port, not sure how they would work for you,  When I put them up, I have a 2 week return guarantee no questions , You might just try them and send them back to me for a full refund if they dont work for you.
2015-7-29
Use props
HeinBollo
lvl.1

Germany

KnightOwl Posted at 2015-7-29 11:51
Thorbjorn...Do you have the mirroring adapter?  I have been able to use the adapter on my TV but h ...

@KnightOwl
I´m using the HDMI out from the DJI transceiver connected to the mirroring adapter. Apple IPad Mini 2 without any issues.
2015-7-30
Use props
KnightOwl
lvl.3

United States

HeinBollo Posted at 2015-7-30 19:35
@KnightOwl
I´m using the HDMI out from the DJI transceiver connected to the mirroring adapter. Ap ...

I have an Iphone 6 and when I tried that setup RC hdmi out to the mirroring adapter I couldn't get a connection (or it was a partial link but never could I get the DJI Pilot App to show).  I want to make sure my setup is correct, could you answer -
1 - Th switch position of the adapter (I set it to source)
2 - What Android mirroring program do you use if not the default Mirrorcast
3 - In Mirrorcast (or whatever app) do you set the glassses as sink?
4 - After setup of adapter and glasses do you have to push "conect" on the adapter

If you could provide me with the step by step instructions you use I'd be appreciate that very much.  Then I'd know if its the adapter (I'm suspecting mine is faulty) or its user error.
2015-7-30
Use props
DJK
New
United States

Please let me know when you have them and i will try them out. How much longer before you have them
2015-7-31
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-7-28 10:55
Sounds good, I really like the fact you can see the lenses in bright sun. The Fatshark Dom HD gogg ...

I would sure like someone to compare my glasses side by side with some of these other glasses and report back to us. I have had good reports when compared to cinemizers, With those saying the picture was bigger and better wide screen format than cinemizers.  The Oled screen on Cinemizers is slightly better,  but not enough diffeernce for the price and not that much difference visually in the bright sunlight. They spec out practically the same, and both spec out better than most others. I believe the native resolution is higher than fatsharks hd I am checking.
2015-8-1
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

DJK Posted at 2015-7-29 10:48

I will be listing the glassses this week, midweek on Ebay search  for phantom 3 fpv video glasses
2015-8-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-8-2 01:34
I would sure like someone to compare my glasses side by side with some of these other glasses and r ...

FSV1105-Manual_EN.pdf (844.75 KB, Down times: 8)
2015-8-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules