Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
E ZEE Electronics (Amazon Prime) asking us to cancel orders
3172 22 2016-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa10d16a7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 222244 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ordered October 1 on Amazon (E ZEE Electronics fulfilled by Amazon (Prime))

Been asking them for updates.... got this back today....

Order ID xxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx:
1 of DJI Mavic PRO FLY MORE COMBO Portable Collapsible Mini Drone [ASIN: B01LZWGS9L]
------------- Begin message -------------

DJI has had a major delay in production and has not shipped any order out to any dealers, they have been keeping us in the dark regarding specifics of orders and at this time we recomend canceling the order and re ordering in a few weeks once they catch up to whats going on
==

They want us to CANCEL our orders and re-order in a few weeks????  Really??!?!?!?!?
2016-10-31
Use props
fanscd54bf5f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102028 ft
  • >>>
Canada

That is probably so that their own shipping record doesn't slow long shipping times from time of order. I wouldn't cancel. The delay is between them and DJI, not something for you to help them gloss over.
2016-10-31
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.4

I have seen a few other forum members being forced to cancel... apparently amazon has some policy that if an order is not fulfilled in a certain amount of time they auto cancel it.  I'm not sure if that is a real policy but that is what I have seen people saying.
2016-10-31
Use props
lK89jQGlZCVm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6594 ft
United States

I Ordered a Mavic pro (just copter) October 5 on Amazon (E ZEE Electronics fulfilled by Amazon (Prime) and got a
cancellation notice 10/31/16 that E ZEE  couldn't send it to my address that I've been at since 1960.
I also get several Amazon deliveries a week.

Talked to Amazon and sent E ZEE an e-mail.  I don't want to have to start another back order again.

Bill
2016-10-31
Use props
fans15f32d58
lvl.1

United States

They just cancelled my order - just like that. Ordered Oct. 3 - all of that waiting completely wasted and now I'm at the back of the line.
Nice dealing with a DJI "authorized" dealer. What a joke this release has become.
2016-11-1
Use props
ov7eGLyOyfVJ
New

United States

Me too, but I got a followup message from them:

"Hey, DJI hasnt shipped out a single unit and currently the estimated delivery date to dealers is beginning of December so we are unable to deliver the product but you are guaranteed the first batch once dji ships it to us, we will email you the minute we get a shipment confirmation and give you a priority code so you are first to receive the mavic order, Your priority code is your current order number. Sorry again, and we will notify you once we have a further update, but we dont want to keep your order on hold. You are still in the same position in line and are guaranteed our first batch. Sorry again but this is the only update we have from DJI and we dont want to hold your funds."
2016-11-1
Use props
fans15f32d58
lvl.1

United States

Unbelievably frustrating.
2016-11-1
Use props
poppylfh-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3902884 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got the same emails. After another email exchange with E ZEE, it's my understanding that they will notify us when they get their order from DJI and will then fill our orders in the order they received them as a priority order from them. I don't see this as us going to the end of an ordering line. Based on what I see from other retail resellers, if we stick it out with E ZEE we will get our orders as soon or before some others that have orders through this type of transaction. At least we, unlike direct DJI customers, don't have our funds sitting in someone else's bank account. Also this may be a blessing, as by the time we get ours, hopefully in 30ish days, some of the software bugs may be worked out.
2016-11-1
Use props
fans65056568
lvl.1
United States

I too got the E Zee email.  I was cancelled by Amazon as well. The email is a bit suspicious. For example are we still using Amazon's order number? I have tried many times to call E Zee and no humans answer. They have decent reviews. And, how can you cancel if you want to. Via a return on the email they sent?
2016-11-3
Use props
fans65056568
lvl.1
United States

Sorry, I forgot to ask my question in my last post. anyone know about E Zee Electronics ? Are they legit ?  Are those of you who ordered from them going to keep your Amazon/ E Zee order active or should i try to cancel?
2016-11-3
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.4

United States

fans65056568 Posted at 2016-11-3 12:48
Sorry, I forgot to ask my question in my last post. anyone know about E Zee Electronics ? Are they l ...

I talked to them the morning before the cancellations...  Don't worry, they're legit.  They cancelled because they had zero ETA communication from DJI and the orders would have been cancelled by Amazon for not fulfilling within a certain time...  This would have been a huge ding against the reseller, even though it wasn't their fault.  They'll reach out when they have an ETA and allocation information and you'll be able to re-order with your original spot in line, according to your order #.
2016-11-3
Use props
fans74f414f2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1902585 ft
United States

Koozam from Amazon took a different approach.  They shipped a partial order - just a glass cleaner cloth - so the order to Amazon appears fulfilled and Amazon will not cancel it.  I keep my place in line and they will ship the order once it's received by them.  They say they are receiving very few Mavic's from DJI but they are receiving orders daily.  
2016-11-3
Use props
zac1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9193 ft
United States

Has anyone heard more from E Zee since they cancelled our orders? I'm waiting patiently until their estimated December shipment, but also don't want to miss a release.
2016-11-18
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.4

United States

zac1 Posted at 2016-11-18 07:14
Has anyone heard more from E Zee since they cancelled our orders? I'm waiting patiently until their  ...

Last I talked to them was on Tuesday...  They were hoping to get some this week and said they'd be emailing people when they did.  They've got around 500 on order and have no idea how many they will be receiving or when.
2016-11-18
Use props
zac1
lvl.1
United States

Still no update from E ZEE, and they haven't replied to my last two emails.

This October 9th post on their Facebook page directly contradicts what they told me via email: "Mavic Pro beginning to arrive starting today! Customer orders shipping in 1-2 weeks!"

I'm beginning to realize they probably don't intend to actually ship any Mavics in 2016, which is disappointing.
2016-12-1
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.4

United States

zac1 Posted at 2016-12-1 10:34

This October 9th post o ...

They were expecting 17 Mavic Pros and 85 P4Ps last Friday...  That didn't happen.
2016-12-1
Use props
inkspotcrow
New

United States

zac1 Posted at 2016-12-1 13:34

This October 9th post o ...

I also saw that FB post (now over a month old), so I emailed them.  Their response was that they only received the "sample."  What?!  So is everyone here positive that we should stick it out wit these guys and pray that they follow through with their promise to contact us?  Incredibly frustrating that DJI is so non-transparent with this process that even the retailers are in the dark and we customers are left to speculate on their forums as to what will happen when.  

BTW, my order was on October 4.  I really need this thing mid-Feb., and never DREAMED that I might not hit that mark...
2016-12-4
Use props
zac1
lvl.1
United States

inkspotcrow Posted at 2016-12-4 15:35
I also saw that FB post (now over a month old), so I emailed them.  Their response was that they only received the "sample."  What?!  So is everyone here positive that we should stick it out wit these guys and pray that they follow through with their promise to contact us?  Incredibly frustrating that DJI is so non-transparent with this process that even the retailers are in the dark and we customers are left to speculate on their forums as to what will happen when.  

BTW, my order was on October 4.  I really need this thing mid-Feb., and never DREAMED that I might not hit that mark...

Yeah—I'm also confused by the above response that they were expecting a shipment, but it didn't happen. Do retailers not receive tracking numbers like standard consumers?

DJI started this mess of course, but E ZEE's communication has also been very poor and misleading. I placed a backup order from another, larger retailer on Nov 2 (as soon as E ZEE cancelled our orders), but by that time it was too late to get a decent spot in any queue. If they had simply been honest and notified us soon as they realized they weren't getting shipments, many of us could have a Mavic in hand by now.

If E ZEE has another side of this story, I'd love to hear it—but when they go silent and offer no explanation, what else are we supposed to think?
2016-12-5
Use props
DeltaEchoVictor
lvl.1

United States

Ordered on 10/4. Last estimate I heard from them was 1 to 3 weeks... over 3 weeks ago now. Only correspondence from them since their initial cancellations have been initiated by me.
2016-12-7
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

inkspotcrow Posted at 2016-12-4 20:35

the dealer I ordered from told me that his distributor had ordered 400 units from DJI but so far had only received the demo unit. This is apparently the biggest distributor in Europe and the've only received a demo unit.

It appears that unless you bought directly from DJI store or from their partner of choice, Apple, then we are going to have an incredibly frustrating wait. I cant believe the lack of respect DJI are showing to their sales channels.
2016-12-7
Use props
sarge43
lvl.3
United States

Just for informational purposes, Apple stores (they seem to get most of the units being released) now show the updated shipping estimate at February 3rd.  Not that they necessarily know, but they have seemed to be more on the "inside" through this whole process than most others.
Good luck!
Sarge
2016-12-7
Use props
look_alive
lvl.1

United States

fans74f414f2 Posted at 2016-11-3 14:14
Koozam from Amazon took a different approach.  They shipped a partial order - just a glass cleaner cloth - so the order to Amazon appears fulfilled and Amazon will not cancel it.  I keep my place in line and they will ship the order once it's received by them.  They say they are receiving very few Mavic's from DJI but they are receiving orders daily.

Unfortunately, this little funny business some vendors did with the shipping (by sending a cleaning cloth instead of the drone) eats into the Amazon 30-day exchange window as well as the length of product warranty, right?
2016-12-7
Use props
zac1
lvl.1
United States

For anyone still waiting—I emailed E ZEE on December 14th, and they replied "We are still waiting on shipment but any day now."
2016-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules