Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic orders through Apple
2465 15 2016-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dgonz0289
lvl.1

Hello guys, I'm a newb to the DJI community but, not a newb to drones. Had one previously which was a 3DR Solo that has way less safety measures built in and what not compared to the DJI Phontoms as I've come to learn. That being said, I'm fairly experienced in operating drones at the moment.

On to the point, I pre-ordered the drone and remote alone through Apple on Sep 27th, hours after it's announcement for going on sale, and I've read about people receiving notice of shipping after ordering direct from DJI or from them through Amazon and even acquring their drone by now, but, my question is how many ordered through Apple and have gotten anything else besids their status saying "Processing Items"?

I reached out to Apple through chatting and the most information I've received is that they supposedly receive the drones from DJi and THEN ship them out to those who ordered through them. The person I spoke to went on saying that last she heard, they expected to receive them mid November. My shipping status since day one of order has been "Processing Items" and ships "Novemeber". I'd like to hear from anyone else here who may have heard or head a different experince thus far. Thanks again for any info provided in advance and hope this thread helps others like myself.
2016-10-31
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.4
Flight distance : 562802 ft

There are two other posts where some Apple orders are mentioned, and I guess everybody has the same information - shipment in November, some with already charged CC (with pending status)
So finally everybody is waiting but nobody knows when exactly it will happen - everybody hopes for beginning of November ;-)
2016-10-31
Use props
brightlights200
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yes mine is the same, they've ring fenced my funds only to release them again a few days later.
2016-10-31
Use props
heyengel
First Officer
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>

I chatted with Apple twice and both times they told me that a Mavic unit has been assigned to me and it is awaiting shipment.  I saw a pending charge on my credit a few days ago but was released today.  I ordered on Oct 14 for store pick-up.  It still says ships in November.
2016-10-31
Use props
Apriliamgt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1155823 ft
  • >>>

Well tomorrow is the 2nd now.. and still no a actual word from dji or apple to say they are keeping the date they mentioned
2016-10-31
Use props
fans25665d4c
lvl.3

United States

Apriliamgt Posted at 2016-11-1 02:41
Well tomorrow is the 2nd now.. and still no a actual word from dji or apple to say they are keeping  ...

Agree, my 2nd November Apple mavic date is also looking less likely by the minute, seriously WTF is going on?! Give us some info, anyone!
2016-11-1
Use props
Apriliamgt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1155823 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's all I want ...  other resellers have given some indication on what's happen...  even if dji or apple turn round to say we are not meeting this date and please wait for further information ...  
2016-11-1
Use props
MavicPro
lvl.3

United States

Apriliamgt Posted at 2016-11-1 04:30
That's all I want ...  other resellers have given some indication on what's happen...  even if dji o ...

Ok i have finally had confirmation from apple that my 2nd November date was BS and made up from the start, they still have no idea when I will see a mavic "maybe sometime late November"! great. They did say that store pick up was now showing early January in all UK shops.. again with no explanation. Utter shite really.
2016-11-1
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.4
Flight distance : 562802 ft

Today no news from Apple US. It still shows November available

Is there nobody from New York?! Just to check a local Apple Store if the Mavic is available - I guess not but just to confirm.
2016-11-1
Use props
speziale.michae
lvl.3
Flight distance : 368579 ft
United States

MavicPro Posted at 2016-11-1 06:01
Ok i have finally had confirmation from apple that my 2nd November date was BS and made up from th ...

I spoke with apple today and was told that there are no orders for Mavic Pros available today because Apple has not yet received inventory from DJI.
2016-11-2
Use props
MavicPro
lvl.3

United States

speziale.michae Posted at 2016-11-2 07:53
I spoke with apple today and was told that there are no orders for Mavic Pros available today beca ...

Yes, and they had no forecast for reciept of them either.. My finger is hovering over the cancel buttom as we speak! At this point I think cancellation would be a weight off my shoulders for now which is sad, maybe try again next year or see if there are any quick rumours of a Mavic 2 with all the encountered issues surfacing. Really wouldnt surprise me.   
2016-11-2
Use props
speziale.michae
lvl.3
Flight distance : 368579 ft
United States

I don't think I'll cancel, but when DJI finally has some real competition (and they definitely will in the near future), their complete lack of communication and disregard for their customers will certainly help me jump ship.
2016-11-2
Use props
AYA74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2002713 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

speziale.michae Posted at 2016-11-2 21:03
I don't think I'll cancel, but when DJI finally has some real competition (and they definitely will  ...

Same here. I have a P3P, Osmo and ordered a Mavic, which I am sure is a great product but the day DJI has a real competitor, I am not sure I will be this loyal. DJI has become too big and thus arrogant by ignoring their customers who are the reason why they exist.
2016-11-2
Use props
Dgonz0289
lvl.1

UPDATE: Just got notification overnight that mine is being shipped and I should receive it by the 16th. Ordered on Sep 27th.
2016-11-12
Use props
sevimli
lvl.1
United States

Dgonz0289 Posted at 2016-11-12 06:34
UPDATE: Just got notification overnight that mine is being shipped and I should receive it by the 1 ...

Just got my shipment notification from Apple! Ordered on 17th October.

Shipped with 2nd Day Fedex.
2016-11-14
Use props
Jetasin
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ordered UK 27th Sept on Apple Store, still awaiting change from processing order. Ready November it says ? Here's hoping
2016-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules