Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-2-18 19:31
I've tried the RF-V16 GPS tracker - works well and you can call it up. The finder can also call you  ...

Mike,

I want to thank you for directing me to that other forum.  They folks there were able to get my RF-V16 going.  I'm having some other minor problems but the person that is on that forum is really helping me out.  Once again, thanks!
2015-2-19
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

rsghowellnj@gma Posted at 2015-2-20 07:39
Mike,

I want to thank you for directing me to that other forum.  They folks there were able to ge ...

Glad to be of assistance! Hope your tracker works well.
2015-2-19
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

ArmyScout Posted at 2015-2-13 13:49
I'm thinking about going with the Trax GPS tracker.  Anyone have any experience with it or know if i ...

Scout,

Did you get your hands on a Trax GPS.

I do like the look of them but cant get hold of one in UK at reasonable price.  Been looking at the Gotek7 devices such as the Prime Lite and Prime II.   Only a little concerned with the quality of Maps they use on their App Panel as they dont use Google becuase of expensive Google license.

Very undecided which one to get.
2015-2-23
Use props
ad.davis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The Chameleon looks and sounds like a good small unit. My only concern is - is there a magnet inside that could cause issues with the i1 compass.
http://www.trackershop-uk.com/_s ... --gps-text-tracker/
2015-2-24
Use props
ad.davis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

lethbrp Posted at 2015-2-12 02:30
Ok here is a picture of the Chameleon GPS tracker

How have you secured it to the i1. Am I right in thinking there's a magnet in the tracker? Does this effect the i1s compass?
2015-2-24
Use props
ad.davis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

lethbrp Posted at 2015-2-12 02:30
Ok here is a picture of the Chameleon GPS tracker

How have you secured it to the i1. Am I right in thinking there's a magnet in the tracker? Does this effect the i1s compass?
2015-2-24
Use props
ArmyScout
lvl.2

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-23 23:25
Scout,

Did you get your hands on a Trax GPS.

I actually ended up getting the Drone-Mods UAV locator. I ordered it last week and it hasn't arrived yet. Ultimately I went with that tracker because it uses both GPS and cellular technology for tracking.  Now I just have to figure out where to mount it on the inspire

http://www.drone-mods.com/Drone-Mods-UAV-Locator-DM005.htm
2015-2-24
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ad.davis@btinte Posted at 2015-2-25 07:18
How have you secured it to the i1. Am I right in thinking there's a magnet in the tracker? Does th ...

It's secured with Velcro. No magnets in the device.
2015-2-24
Use props
victortch
lvl.2

United States

FYI,

I am waiting for my RF-V16. I have H2O SmartSim it works as full size and micro SIM. So I have prepared apn settings command for the RF-V16 on H2O network (reseller of AT&T GSM) with $10  (5c/call:text, 10c/MMS:MB) for 90 day plan:

Without PLMN:
apn,att.mvno,user,,pd,,pip,66.209.11.33,pport,80#

With PLMN:
apn,att.mvno,user,,pd,,pip,66.209.11.33,pport,80,plmn,310410#

Wiki:
PLNM - public land mobile network. A PLMN is identified by the Mobile Country Code (MCC) and the Mobile Network Code (MNC). Each operator providing mobile services has its own PLMN.
310 - USA
410 - AT&T Mobility        Operational        GSM 850 / GSM 1900 / UMTS 850 / UMTS 1900  Formerly Cingular Wireless
2015-3-1
Use props
sparksthewolf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218950 ft
United States

I've been using an old iPhone 4 attached under the battery area
2015-3-1
Use props
4Blades
lvl.2

United States

I also went with a Drone-Mods UAV locator. Just received it yesterday and now looking for a good place to mount it. I went with it because they are specifically made for UAV and have very good reviews. It came all set up ready to go at my door step for 200 bucks.
2015-3-1
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7962966 ft
United States

svencool Posted at 2015-2-7 04:54
I heard another guy say he uses this one anyone else have any feedback on it?

Trackimo

Installed yesterday, using the back plate but I'll change to the area below the battery. $149 on Amazon with one year service...just activate, charge battery, turn on and fly. Turn off when finished. If lost, find by IOS or Android appl
2015-3-3
Use props
drklion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2712825 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Trackimo.  It is only $140 at Amazon and it comes with a 12 month service with the price.  After that I believe it is $49 a year.  It works around the world via google maps.

I placed it in the back.  It covers the bar code.  It is attached with velcro and just in case of a crash or it just comes off I have tethered it to the bird with a lite cord.
2015-3-3
Use props
jon
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi Guys, I see there's already been plenty of chat about gps trackers, too much to trawl through, so was hoping a quick question might give me an answer.

Can anyone tell me what the metal cast plate with DJI written on it and four retaining screws is on the rear of the battery compartment?  (pic attached)

I want to mount a small gps / cellular tracker on to this plate with velcro, but am concerned about interferance from the tracker messing with the control system, especially if that cast plate contains said control 'stuff'.

So firstly what is it, and secondly, has anyone experienced any 'issues' having a cellular transmitter mounted on their Inspire1?

Cheers in advance
Jon

FullSizeRender.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
2015-3-7
Use props
jon
lvl.3

United Kingdom

BTW, this is a TKSTAR, pet tracker. Cost £60 GBP from Amazon UK (about $100) , no subscription, just the cellular costs. weighs 65g, gives text back google maps location and other data such as last recorded speed, if gps is active etc, or you can set to real time tracking via app, or web page (uses gprs, so needs sim package with data connection for that)  300hrs stby on batt (rechargable via micro usb), or about 24hrs if in real time continuous tracking mode (gprs on).  All control of the unit is via celphone sms, or, via the app using gprs. you can set position update frequency (for real time tracking), sleep mode, gprs on/off etc, all via sms.
I have it as pay as you go sim with giffgaff, but they do a £5/month option with plenty of text & data included.

Seems very good, once you have it all set up.
2015-3-8
Use props
martin.gofleet
New

United Kingdom

You can take a look at GPS Tracking Device . You can also go for brickhousesecurity, trackershop, trackfast etc,..
2016-7-22
Use props
gboivin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>

Under the top of the upper frame
2016-7-23
Use props
kateonol
lvl.1

Canada