o(^-^)o
gzman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just purchased an Osmo +

I'm unable to activate my account.

I'd created this account (gzman) a week or so previous and I thought that was just for the Forum.

I tried creating a 'new' account but it says I already have an account associated with that email/user name/password.

So it tried uploading the SN to your server but that didn't seem to work...ask me for more time and I said no.

This is really unfortunate since I have work early tomorrow morning and planned to use the Osmo.

Another thing...I tried connecting to wifi...and it says it's connected but there is 'no internet'...what's up with that?  I definitely have internet here.

Please if you can respond quickly, (your local support is closed in the evening here)...

my email is: gzman@roadrunner.com

my phone is a Motorola Moto X Pure Edition (android 6.0)

The Osmo ask me to update the firmware but it doesn't connect to the internet...so that's not possible.

I believe the problem is I'm not able to connect to the internet and therefore 'activate' the device.
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi , could you please follow the video tutorial to activate it again?
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

The WiFi is used to connect your mobile device to Osmo, it's different form the WiFi of your router for which you could access to Internet Network.
This is a new feature after you upgrade your IOS system.
Please do as Mindy's suggestion to activate it again, if no improvement, may I know your SN?
2016-11-1
Use props
gzman
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-1 01:56
The WiFi is used to connect your mobile device to Osmo, it's different form the WiFi of your router  ...

S/N # DJ192100266558

By IOS...you mean an apple mobile device?

Right now the Osmo is stuck trying to upgrad the fimware 1.2.0.40 and because it says it cannot access the internet is appears to be stuck in 'camera' mode (although nothing appears on the screen)

Can't seem to get back or return to the 'activate' screen.  Somehow I've gone by that.

Why can't I access my router wifi signal like my normal computer will and does access that signal?  Don't really understand the above video.

when i connect to my computer wifi network...it lists the osmo but says "Connected,no internet"  (why does it not find the internet?)

very frustrating to what would seem a simple process.
2016-11-1
Use props
MWitarsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2058179 ft
Brazil

gzman Posted at 2016-11-1 07:20
S/N # DJ192100266558

Gzman, to activate mine, I had to connect to Osmo Wifi, and then connect to my router internet wifi to do the activation, and last, return to Osmo Wifi. When you are connected to Osmo wifi, you won't have internet connection. In this way, you have to force your smartphone to connect to you router internet wifi. I hope it helps.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

gzman Posted at 2016-11-1 17:20
S/N # DJ192100266558

Yes, IOS device means Apple mobile device.
Since you used android device to activate it, firstly you need connect the Osmo WiFi, when you open the APP and start to activate it, please go to settings on your phone and connect your router's WiFi which provide you the internet.
It seems you activated it successfully finally, right?
I have explained to you, the osmo WiFi is just used to link your mobile phone to Osmo, but not provide you internet, that's why it says "Connected, no internet access".
Have you tried to restart your phone or osmo to upgrade it again?
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

In addition, here is the tutorial to upgrade firmware:
2016-11-1
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United States

I don't know if my experience will be helpful or not, but I activated my first OSMO+ last night and did have a little fun and games.

• Turned OSMO+ on, stays floppy. I was hoping at this point that this was just a product of not being activated, rather than the obvious dent in the packaging being an omen that the device was damaged. DJI UK need to pack better.
  • So, switched iPhone over from house WiFi to OSMOxxxxx ad-hoc, run the Go app
  • Go app says there is a firmware update, possibly having looked for one via 3G data
  • So, switch back to house WiFi to download firmware
  • Download complete, I switch back to OSMOxxxxx Wifi
  • App tries to start applying firmware, but stays at 0% complete for 10 mins
  • Meantime, I download the latest firmware onto my Mac from the OSMO+ downloads page (obviously for OSMO you'd go to the appropriate page)
  • Copy .bin file over to the micro-SD card, via SD adapter and Mac SD slot.
  • Quit out of the app, and turn off the OSMO+ (I would not have done this if there had been any progress showing on the app, but figured it was failing to start)
  • Put micro-SD card into OSMO+
  • Turn OSMO+ on and allow it to patch. Took about 10 mins, maybe less.
  • Once finished, OSMO+ beeps D-DD and lights are solid green
  • Reconnect to OSMOxxxxx Wifi
  • Run Go App and follow login procedure and do activation. If you don't have 3G data coverage then you may need to switch back to house Wifi to do the activation handshake, then back to OSMOxxxx Wifi to apply activation to the OSMO

The trick here is that an iPhone or other mobile device only has one WiFi radio, so cannot talk to both your WiFi router and your OSMO ad-hoc WiFi at the same time.
It can however talk to the OSMO and your mobile network data at the same time.

Hope that helps
2016-11-1
Use props
gzman
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nicodema Posted at 2016-11-1 03:52
I don't know if my experience will be helpful or not, but I activated my first OSMO+ last night and  ...

I'm stuck on the 'firmware upgrade' page of the Go app.  I don't know how to point the app to the home wifi since this is an android device.  

I downloaded the latest firmware and put it in the dcim folder...put it back in the osmo, started the device but nothing happens.  It doesn't recognize the firmware and according to your video it 'automatically' does so and starts the update.

At this point, I really would like phone support to talk me through this procedure.  What r your international phone support #'s?

Btw...you have my serial #...why can't you activate this from your HQ?
2016-11-1
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Don't put the .bin in a folder, put it at the root of the card..
2016-11-1
Use props
gzman
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dennish Posted at 2016-11-1 08:52
Don't put the .bin in a folder, put it at the root of the card..

thanks...but when i open the sd card the only thing I see is the dcim folder!

where's the 'root' directory?

isn't that a window's/pc term.

I'm using a mac computer...not an iphone.
2016-11-1
Use props
gzman
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

gzman Posted at 2016-11-1 08:58

where's the 'root'  ...

Talked to phone support this morning.

Because my phone android Motorola Moto X pure edition is NOT a recommended device (who knew) then even if we got it to work there's no telling if I will not incur further issues down the line.

So it looks as though I will be taking the device back to the dealer and hopefully getting a full refund.

dji tried to help but I feel the entire activation/install process is NOT intuitive...far from it in fact.  It is not made specific that with an android device you have to use your home wifi to connect to achieve activation and then proceed back to the go app.  

Very frustrating experience to say the least.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

gzman Posted at 2016-11-1 11:58

where's the 'root'  ...

the root folder is the default save place of the SD card.  Or just place it next to the DCIM folder.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

gzman Posted at 2016-11-1 12:23
Talked to phone support this morning.

Because my phone android Motorola Moto X pure edition is NO ...

that should be the case, you can activate the device with most phones, the incompatibility issue only comes later.

If it's a brick-and-mortar store, see if the dealer is kind enough to allow you exchange for another Osmo and you can try activate it there, it should work this time.
2016-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules