Mavic crash Detection, how is it working ?
1464 3 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft

Hi !
I know i am probably acting a tad paranoid but i am really interested in not hurting someone / damaging something with my Copters.
I know the Deal with my existing Hardware and i dont fly my older APM based crafts near ANYTHING valuable / people.
(They have an albeit crappy crash Detection / Disarm)
I know i can fly the more sophisticated crafts nearer to people/ Valuables as the damage is much more limited.

In the thread Mavic safety features i learned that the motors will be switched off if a crash is detected.
But i did not get an answer what "qualifies" as a crash.

How is a crash detected.

I Hate those Videos of Drones (mostly Phantoms) that go down somewhere and the props keep spinning after a crash shredding everything to pieces...

So i know DJI is not famous in terms of safety.

So how about the Mavic, is a crsh detected when the angle (roll/nick) is too steep or when a motor is stalled or RPM is out of line or ???
Is there active Breaking, how fast are the ESC's doing that ?!

Please let me know, i really care about this.

Greetings & thanks,

Nils

2016-11-1
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft

Okay, i never do this but...

BUMP

I swear i only do this one time :-)

Nils
2016-11-2
Use props
fl4InR8qpSw8
New

United States

I've crashed mine twice, and I can tell you that basically nothing is detected as a crash. Massive impacts, spinning around upside down, and tearing its own props to shreds don't qualify as a "critical error" until it's been happening for about 5 seconds straight.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid588506
2016-12-1
Use props
fansfb2d38d3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9423 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I can only guess how many newbies like me have a rosey view of their quadcopter being virtually foolproof based on the polished video productions the company makes.
I appreciate posts such as this because it brings you down to a much more realistic view that no matter how good a quad is deemed to be, there is always something that can be done to improve it..... And so products evolve.

I look forward to reading constructive conversations on issues as they occur.

Of course, I expect some posts which will be hijacked by "fanboy" tribalism. Thankfully, most people are more interested in viewing useful and thoughtful opinion.
2016-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules