Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Amazon UK seems like a safe bet for preorder!
2610 30 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeon
lvl.1

United Kingdom

There are probalby loads of threads like this but I CBA to search..
I just placed my order today and Amazon are saying delivery on the 17th Nov, they also wont take my money until it is dispatched.

I was curious so I asked in Amazon live chat and this was the reply.

I am guessing Amazon have a massive preorder promised to them from DJI, I will have to wait and see.
2016-11-1
Use props
flipside
lvl.3

Spain

This is very odd wording, and I think I've seen it elsewhere. He doesn't say they are waiting for stock. He says it's in stock but they are waiting for the release date. That means that DJI are telling them not to release it. I'm wondering if they're still working hard on the firmware and have just trickled a few units out so as to be able to say that it is shipping. Why else would it be in stock but not released?
2016-11-1
Use props
Aeon
lvl.1

United Kingdom

flipside Posted at 2016-11-1 19:32
This is very odd wording, and I think I've seen it elsewhere. He doesn't say they are waiting for st ...

Not sure, but I was thinking the same thing. Why say they are in stock and waiting for the release date rather than say waiting for stock to arrive.

Either answer would have suited me but to be honest I expected them to tell me they were waiting for DJI to deliver rather clearly state they have them in stock and are waiting for the release day.
2016-11-1
Use props
Enkeixpress
Second Officer
Flight distance : 297497 ft

I did say in another thread that Amazon UK have the item in stock already. It's DJI that want to hold things back until the 16th. Maybe it's because they don't want their early pre-orderers on the DJI Store to feel as though they were waiting for such a long time for nothing. Making sure everyone who pre-orders, regardless of the site, get their Mavic drones at around the same time-frame. That's my guess.

My order's with Amazon UK too.
2016-11-1
Use props
Barney2k
Second Officer
United Kingdom

What's actually probably happening is that the live chat agent doesn't know a think about Amazon's stock levels and that actually there are no Mavics in any Amazon warehouse.

Hate to rain on your parade guys but this isn't exactly a reputable source of information is it?

I know we're all sick of waiting but starting rumours about who is / isn't shipping when / where is not going to speed things up unfortunately
2016-11-2
Use props
geordie8t1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14409554 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you supply a link for the amazon uk which is selling the mavics......the only 2 i came across where shipping from Hong Kong and not the Uk and had no stock and confirmed  shipping dates
2016-11-2
Use props
flipside
lvl.3

Spain

Barney2k Posted at 2016-11-2 10:07
What's actually probably happening is that the live chat agent doesn't know a think about Amazon's s ...

I don't know. If you  look at exactly what he wrote. He said the Mavic is in stock with us. It sounds as though he's reading it from a screen. He said it's in stock but not released. That's a very specific way of phrasing it, not really something you would say if you didn't know what was happening. You'd be more likely to say "We're expecting stock on...".
2016-11-2
Use props
flipside
lvl.3

Spain

geordie8t1 Posted at 2016-11-2 10:49
Can you supply a link for the amazon uk which is selling the mavics......the only 2 i came across wh ...

This one is labelled as "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon". The odd thing is that third-party vendors are answering questions as though they were selling it. I ordered from this link a couple of days ago and got the advertised delivery date in the confirmation email. I don't know if I'm going to go ahead with it, but I wanted to reserve one, as it were.
2016-11-2
Use props
un hombre
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170830 ft
Ireland

Hi,

Yesterday I preordered from Amazon.co.uk, the dispatch date was 16th November. Directly from Amazon, no retailer or other third parties.

I would be surprised if they already have it in stock and are just waiting to release it to the market on 16th of November, but I would not complain either - if this is true.

Anyway, we will see in 2 weeks. My guess is this date will change in the mean time and I hope DJI will release another updates to address the problems with Mavic.
2016-11-2
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183537 ft

un hombre Posted at 2016-11-2 19:19
Hi,

Yesterday I preordered from Amazon.co.uk, the dispatch date was 16th November. Directly from Am ...

I chatted with a very nice Amazon support person today and she also confirmed that right now the preorders do NOT exceed the number of Mavics that are *promised* to be sent. So they do not have them but they have numbers that DJI should respect. Of course: If they dont get it they dont get it but DJI will be cautious to do that to Amazon.
So i now also have a preorder at Amazon.uk :-)

Nils
2016-11-2
Use props
thefurmanuk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15994 ft
United Kingdom

Just got an update after my delivery date was set to 16/11:
"We don't have an estimated delivery date for the items below.  We'll provide you with periodic updates on your delivery date, and notify you as soon as the items are ready to dispatch."
2016-11-3
Use props
danieleforyou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154820 ft
Iceland

thefurmanuk Posted at 2016-11-3 15:04
Just got an update after my delivery date was set to 16/11:
"We don't have an estimated delivery dat ...

Same email in my inbox
2016-11-3
Use props
enc3phalon
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Same here. Best bet is to forget about the Mavic for now. It will eventually be delivered. The more we hunt around for update details the more frustrated we will become.
2016-11-3
Use props
brightlights200
lvl.1

Yes it appears that Amazon UK have given up on promising dates to it's own customers & then having to cancel them when DJI pull the rug out from under them.
DJI have now done this to both Apple & Amazon which I think would not be very good business sense as they are huge Companies with buying power & a large amount of influence!.

I think the previous commentator was correct, forgot about Mavic for some time sadly.
2016-11-3
Use props
un hombre
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170830 ft
Ireland

Yep, I got email that now my dispatch date is unknown and they cannot commit to any date. Best thing is to forget about the mavic for now, I guess.
2016-11-3
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94738 ft
Romania

Hi guys,

I just talked with Samuel from Amazon UK and my order from 31st October will be delivered on 12 of Nov. It's about Mavic Pro Fly More Combo.
Finger crossed as on 25th it should be offered as gift to my kids and myself of course .
I canceled DJI order placed on 21st of October and glad I did it.

Hope this is helping few of you as now, on Amazon UK, Mavic Combo is not available for pre-order anymore.

Dragos

mavic fmc

mavic fmc
2016-11-8
Use props
flipside
lvl.3

Spain

What does it say in the Your Orders part of Your Account?  Mine says "We need a little more time to give you an accurate dispatch date", or something similar.
2016-11-8
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Romania

Same thing as you, but probably when the date of 12 Nov approaches will appear. That is why I said finger crossed...this is what I received 15 min. ago from Amazon UK on chat.
2016-11-8
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Romania

I really hope all of you who ordered before me on Amazon get theirs.
2016-11-8
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Romania

as a small tip, for people in EU countries that are not using EUR like mine (Romania), it's better to place on Amazon UK than IT or DE as GBP conversion get's a better price in your local currency. Based on this, for me it shaved ~ 100 EUR from 1499 EUR so I get it at ~ 1399 EUR....again this is valid at the moment only for Mavic Pro not Combo as Combo is not available for pre-order.  
2016-11-8
Use props
st pauli
Second Officer

United States

So you all can purchase from Amazon because DJI can't enforce in the UK their US policy to void all warranty for purchases not made through an authorized reseller?
2016-11-8
Use props
Enkeixpress
Second Officer
Flight distance : 297497 ft

People like myself who've pre-ordered from places like Amazon UK and Jessops will most likely be receiving their orders after the new year. Sometime during January 2017. That goes for both the Mavic Pro on it's own as well as the Fly More Combo bundle.
2016-11-8
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Romania

I'm buying from an authorized reseller...it's about Amazon EU S.a.r.L. ....it's not a third party. All american like all other companies who wants to have EU business need to comply with EU laws as all companies who have US business need to comply with US ones...so what is the catch of your comment? What enforcement? The policy between US and UK are different on Amazon in prices (higher in UK and EU as well). Why you don't order from UK? Higher prices huh?...
Also, why are you complaining (you don't have to pay VAT and a lot of other taxes....you pay max how much on top...7-13% based on the state you live in? I'm paying 20% VAT).
I would like to buy from Amazon US but they are not delivering in my country....could be even better as final price.
2016-11-8
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Romania

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-11-8 21:21
People like myself who've pre-ordered from places like Amazon UK and Jessops will most likely be rec ...

I posted just what I received...again, I said finger crossed to be like this....on other parts of this forums, somebody said that Amazon UK have a lot of stock in Luxembourg...not verified but could be.
2016-11-8
Use props
DustyJack
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2101132 ft

I also had a delivery date of the 17th November from another UK shopping chain but now the mavic is unavailable to order.....strange....they've even removed from their web page if you search for it
2016-11-8
Use props
enc3phalon
lvl.3
United Kingdom

XoR Posted at 2016-11-8 19:29
I posted just what I received...again, I said finger crossed to be like this....on other parts of  ...

If you get the mavic by mid november, it's going to be a nightmare hiding it till xmas day, I know that if I were in your place I would cave in to temptation and end up flying it well before xmas. [td][td]

2016-11-8
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Romania

Same on Amazon UK....the Combo is N/A while the Mavic Pro still available....probably they cut pre-orders in order to fill what they received until now (stock vs. orders). I saw this since two days ago on UK site.
2016-11-8
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Romania

enc3phalon Posted at 2016-11-8 21:46
If you get the mavic by mid november, it's going to be a nightmare hiding it till xmas day, I know  ...

It's a gift for 25th of November and if not possible then for Christmas...I'm sure will be hard not to fly it if I'll receive it after 25th this month but before Christmas... Sorry...need to make a correction...dispatch on 12 Nov. not receiveing it. Probably 7-10 days after dispatch.
2016-11-8
Use props
enc3phalon
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Oh, my bad, sorry I'm dyslexic and my computer can't read out writing on images. It only reads out selectable text.
2016-11-8
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Romania

enc3phalon Posted at 2016-11-8 21:55
Oh, my bad, sorry I'm dyslexic and my computer can't read out writing on images. It only reads out s ...

no problem, you're right about not playing with it before Christmas...I'm sure I'll fly it if the weather allows it.
2016-11-8
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Romania

Update.....seems they will not dispatched as said and look what Customer Service Representative told me...why I've got the answer above....really? Maybe it's DJI politics to give false info to save their job?.....I don't buy it....

02:45 PM GMT Dragos Jurca: and then, he receives an update (this time from fulfillment team) that confirm delivery and more, ofers a date:
I have received an update that your order would be dispatched by Nov 12, 2016
02:46 PM GMT Manoj: The order is not available right now, Dragos. Yesterday's update may have been false because that agent might have given you false information to save his job. I'm trying to be honest because I realize that this is a gift and I don't want to set any false expectations to you.
After that, they just sent me some links where I can complain about Amazon (hilarious as it's Amazon fault)...and more...they closed the chat whitout letting me leave feedback as standard Amazon Chat procedure....
2016-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules