Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic pro camera problem.
15596 69 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc9cc4233
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-4 00:20
What is your ticket/case number and I'll make sure you get a shipping label in the morning.
And yo ...

Thank you Dji-Ken. I got the shipping label today. Im assuming the case number is the same thing as the RMA number? Also I ship it with just the mavic pro, gimbal holder, and gimbal protector correct? I do not ship the battery or anything else? Also this is, I am assuming, covered under the warranty correct? I sent the attachment of the packing slip and printed the case details. Should I make a copy of the slip I got from newegg and put that in the box with the mavic when shipping as well as the case details sheet?
2016-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

incogneito Posted at 2016-11-4 00:48
Well no matter what settings I use, or change, the blur is always on the left side of the pictures ...

Did you download new fix for manual focus iOS 3.0.2 some have said it makes a difference to a few problems with camera, it's in App Store.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

fansc9cc4233 Posted at 2016-11-4 23:41
Thank you Dji-Ken. I got the shipping label today. Im assuming the case number is the same thing as ...

For all those questions you need to talk to them as I provide technical support and do not knwo how the customer service operates.
Call them 818-235-0789 and ask them what all you should include.
2016-11-4
Use props
fans642240bb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127188 ft
  • >>>

First images, first flight right out of the box. Unedited - no issues that I can see. I did have the standard jitters when panning or shooting lots of detail at full 4k - but otherwise I am very happy with the image quality.

Links to clips below.

2016-11-4
Use props
fansc9cc4233
lvl.2

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-4 23:59
Did you download new fix for manual focus iOS 3.0.2 some have said it makes a difference to a few  ...

Yeah I have the new update. The pictures still do the same thing. I was on the online chat with jasper yesterday and we calibrated the IMU. The pictures still do the same thing. Even flying today the pictures are still blurry on the left side. It's about 3/4 of an inch down the entire left side of pictures. Even when focusing to the left as well. Thank you for that though. I was hoping it would have fixed the issue cause I don't want to send it in. It's so fun to fly and I have not had any flight issues others have had. It's just the blur down the entire left side of all the pictures. It can even be see in the video feed from the mavic to my phone as well.
2016-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansc9cc4233 Posted at 2016-11-4 16:54
Yeah I have the new update. The pictures still do the same thing. I was on the online chat with ja ...

Maybe more than firmware is needed, might be helpful if you could post some video here so we could see.
2016-11-4
Use props
fansc9cc4233
lvl.2

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-5 02:00
Maybe more than firmware is needed, might be helpful if you could post some video here so we could ...

I posted the link to pictures I posted on another site in the very first post. They show up there.
2016-11-4
Use props
Dronez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61135 ft
United States

fansc9cc4233 Posted at 2016-11-4 12:54
Yeah I have the new update. The pictures still do the same thing. I was on the online chat with ja ...

I seem to have gotten the left side camera bug also. Spoke to chat and waiting for a email to send it back for them to take a look at the camera.
2016-11-4
Use props
Zatx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

fans642240bb Posted at 2016-11-4 12:28
First images, first flight right out of the box. Unedited - no issues that I can see. I did have the ...

Great to see someone with tack sharp video finally! There was no editing? What is the saturation level at? Those blues are way oversaturated. All the shadows look purple.
2016-11-4
Use props
fansc9cc4233
lvl.2

United States

Zatx Posted at 2016-11-5 02:34
Great to see someone with tack sharp video finally! There was no editing? What is the saturation l ...

The video doesnt really look blurry on the left side. It looks like only the pictures. I will check for sure tomorrow while flying and just letting the mavic hover. I havent tested 4k video yet as i only have a surface pro 3 wthat has the highest resolition of all my monitors. The 4k from the phantom 3 pro looked good. I will check the 4k as well tomorrow.
2016-11-4
Use props
fansc9cc4233
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-5 00:00
For all those questions you need to talk to them as I provide technical support and do not knwo ho ...

Quick question Ken. My user name is incogneito.  Why has it been changed to fansc9cc4233 ? Just curious.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

fansc9cc4233 Posted at 2016-11-5 06:59
Quick question Ken. My user name is incogneito.  Why has it been changed to fansc9cc4233 ? Just cu ...

It's something they've started. Sorry about that.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-70494-1-1.html
2016-11-4
Use props
clydevs
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-5 07:05
It's some thing they've started. Sorry about that.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-70494-1-1.html

I just figured it out. It's because my user name was the same as my email.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

clydevs Posted at 2016-11-5 07:33
I just figured it out. It's because my user name was the same as my email.

Sounds good, sorry about that.
2016-11-4
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

2016-11-6
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Mir Posted at 2016-11-2 07:37
Seems to be a problem that is widely reported. People have had to send their Mavics back. The lens i ...

2016-11-6
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

there is many video I am seeing on youtube which has camera problems and most of them upper left corner and upper right corners its mostly on the corners out of focus very few are very fully focus image
2016-11-6
Use props
clydevs
lvl.2

United States

watuse Posted at 2016-11-6 20:30
https://youtu.be/4JZOAGiIGY8

Yep mine seems to be the entire left side no matter where I tap to focus. And it looks as if I can see it on the live feed on my phone send from the Mavic as well. I have an RMA and will be sending it in next week.
2016-11-6
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

clydevs Posted at 2016-11-6 23:08
Yep mine seems to be the entire left side no matter where I tap to focus. And it looks as if I can ...

That sucks that you have a faulty camera also I saw some other youtubers and yes they have the same faulty blurry corner image on one side and the other sharp tack
2016-11-6
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-5 08:09
Sounds good, sorry about that.

Ken, is it possible to notice that problem and tell DJI, but to defer the actual shipping a while (e.g. after a holiday or Christmas or so) so one could fly & try the Mavic with degraded Picture Quality and then send it in later ?
(Obviously within the first 12 Months)

Is that possible or would you have to return it for warranty repairs asap ?

Greetings,

Nils
2016-11-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

nils_heidorn Posted at 2016-11-7 03:33
Ken, is it possible to notice that problem and tell DJI, but to defer the actual shipping a while ( ...

Your aircraft has a warranty, if the camera has a issue then you can send it in now or after Christmas.
2016-11-6
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-7 04:36
Your aircraft has a warranty, if the camera has a issue then you can send it in now or after Chris ...

Thank you for confirming, that was what i was hoping for IF that fate strikes me...
2016-11-6
Use props
Tee Win
New

United States

I was on the phone with DJI for 2 hours, and these steps worked for me.
If you have time, update back after you have tried these steps.

Thanks
Tee Win
2016-11-17
Use props
clydevs
lvl.2

United States

Tee Win Posted at 2016-11-18 11:14
Fix AutoFocus on DJI Mavic Pro

I was on the phone with DJI for 2 hours, and these steps worked for  ...

I have received the replacement Mavic Pro from the one that I sent in with the blur on the left hand side of the pictures. I received an entirely different Mavic Pro. I took a picture of the serial number of the one I sent out to see if this would happen. It had all the original stickers and the original 2 props installed as it they have when brand new. I'm guessing it is a brand new one. I didn't want that as my other Mavic Pro flew perfect and never had one problem just the blur on the left. The blur seems to be gone now and there doesn't seem to be any blur on the left, right, or anywhere on the pictures now. Also when the gimbal initializes, it doesn't make a hard clicking sound and snap into place immediately anymore as well. It also only tilts 2 times now instead of the original 3, where the 3rd was the fast acting snapping into the camera level location. First flight wasn't to pleasing at all. Calibrated everything and the thing drifted to the left like the stick was held to the left. I will try tomorrow again as today was my first day back to work and am aggravated enough as it is. Oh yeah, they received my Mavic Pro Monday November 14th. I got a notice it was fixed teh same day, and shipped Tuesday same week. Shipped Wednesday same week, and I received it today Monday November, 21st. No way it could have been fixed it that short amount of time. Has to be a brand new one.
2016-11-21
Use props
clydevs
lvl.2

United States

Also Tee Win, I was online with chat, did all this, sent them pictures of what it looked like afterwards, had the same blur on the left, and they recommended I send my Mavic Pro in as well. The blur was nothing like what this video shows. It was about 3/4 of an inch on the entire left side of every picture I took. It was the same in portrait mode, only it was on the top due to how the camera rotates. I even tapped to focus on the left side and nothing worked. Seems fine with the one they sent me, more testing needs done though. I wasn't happy with the first flight by any means at all. Will test more tomorrow.
2016-11-21
Use props
clydevs
lvl.2

United States

I just got off of the phone with Dji. I am sending the Mavic Pro back AGAIN. It descends CONSTANTLY. It shows on the camera, and the VPS, but not the vertical speed. The camera is perfectly fine now, but I would rather have a perfectly flying Mavic Pro, for safety of everyone, rather than a "perfect" picture. I AM LIVID. I DID NOT WANT MY ORIGINAL MAVIC PRO CHANGED AS IT FLEW PERFECTLY. I was confident in it. This new one... Not at all. I can fly it no problems, but as the 3/4 inch blur, it does not do what it is supposed to do. For $1000, why should I accept less than what was promised? Another chunk of time not being able to fly. THANK YOU SO MUCH DJI.
2016-11-23
Use props
ferrari-458-ut
lvl.2

United States

I think mine is a little blurry on the right side but I don't care I'm having too much fun flying it to send it back!
2016-11-23
Use props
Teppwa
New
Australia

Anyone got a solution for no camera feed with a Galaxy Note 3. If I plug my S8+ it is fine so I know it works.  The tablet does not have a SD card fitted.  Any possible solutions or setting I have missed?
2017-7-15
Use props
groovyk
New
France

same issue but worst
2017-7-15
Use props
groovyk
New
France

same issue but worst Hi all,  I have a problem with my brand new Mavic Pro and I would greatly aprreciated if you could give me a hand before I send the bird back to DJI.  Basically I cannot focus the camera, I know that issue has been pointed out by many people but I cant fix it, here what I try to solve the problem with no success :   1. I calibrated the compass and IMU 2. I auto calibrated the Gimbal 3. I reset the camera setting 4. I downgraded and upgraded the firmware 5. did all steps 1 to 3 again  After all theses steps, still can't focus the camera, neither auto or manually. I can see the green square try to focus with a beep each time, but nothing happen.  Thanks for your help !
2017-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules