Gimbal Packaging
7474 18 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Unboxing my Mavic. Hidden atop the Gimbal is a small rouded Yellow tab protruding ~3mm, it looks like a sticker. Is this part of the packaging to be removed for use or is it part of the interface and not to be touched??I dont want to pull if off and stuff things up!

Gimbal Sticker

Gimbal Sticker
2016-11-1
Use props
Enber
lvl.1

Singapore

Damn it, didn't occur to me it should remain there. I removed it already!

The gimbal still is unable to initialise 50% of the time as there is obstruction from the top hanging plate. The gimbal hangs very loosely from rubber bands and when it initialises the force it swings the camera at forces it to touch the top plate and the gimbal detects obstruction.
2016-11-1
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Australia

OK Lets see if we can get an official Yay or Nay on this. In the mean time mine yellow sticker thingy will remain there until I hear what it is for.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Logger Posted at 2016-11-2 10:41
OK Lets see if we can get an official Yay or Nay on this. In the mean time mine yellow sticker thing ...

Hi Logger, you could remove it before flying.
2016-11-1
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-1 23:51
Hi Logger, you could remove it before flying.

Might be some mistranslation there. Could and should are very different. ha
2016-11-1
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Australia

I agree. Something has definitely been lost in translation. I suspect it might me just an anti tamper label. In any case I have left it attached for now.  Just did first flight and it all worked fine as far as I can tell. Camera tilting up/down as expected without fuss. So all good.

2016-11-1
Use props
8atU4uGb2cGi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft

Might final inspection sticker.
2016-11-1
Use props
0c1lHx4Yr2ue
lvl.1

United States

Damn ... I removed it too ....
2016-11-1
Use props
Enber
lvl.1

Singapore

If it's not meant to be removed, you won't leave a yellow tab sticking out to attract operator attention. Duh.
2016-11-1
Use props
Sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, it is intended to be removed. The P4 had one too ( and P3 if I remember correctly ). It seems to be a protective sticker placed during manufacture of the gimbal not suring the assembly of the mavic.
2016-11-1
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Australia

"...Not Suring" What does that mean??   
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Chaser720 Posted at 2016-11-2 11:56
Might be some mistranslation there. Could and should are very different. ha

Sorry i did not make it clear.
You could remove it or just keep it there, the small yellow tab will not affect it's function, please do not worry about it.
2016-11-2
Use props
fans6b34cd37
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217339 ft
United States

Seems to be just a plastic sheet - I will remove it - looks like those old screen protectors.

YellowTab

YellowTab

2016-11-2
Use props
fai58
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104439 ft
United States

I advised any owners of the mavic to indicate the need to remove the gimbal clamp before flying it as I've forgotten to do so on 1 occasion and luckily the servo of the gimbal didn't burnout
image.jpg
2016-11-2
Use props
Andy Sayle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I removed it.  "Bright tab = remove me" in my book.

Like the "remove before flight" tag too.  I need one of them, I've forgotten to remove the clamp before powering up a couple of times now...
2016-11-2
Use props
Hurricane Hill
lvl.1
United States

The shape of that protective cover appears to have possibly been intended to protect that area from scratches or damage during assembly. Note how the screws are left uncovered. It could also be to protect it from rubbing against the gimble clamp, or both. I removed it from my aircraft as well, and noted the unusual composition. It didn't come off so smoothly as other protective covers, and for a moment I was also concerned, but the presence of the yellow tab does indicate that it should be removed. I believe it was made to stay more aggressively in place to ensure that it would stay affixed through an assembly process where it is likely that the cover will come into less than gentle contact with other surfaces and/or tools.
2016-11-6
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

Mine is still sitting there but when I wanted to put it out, it was really tight and sticky. So I am searching if is it supposed to stay there or not?

Yellow

Yellow
2016-12-9
Use props
GeForceFX-be
lvl.2

Belgium

Read post number 12 ...
2016-12-9
Use props
shoman94.
lvl.1