Samsung GALAXY Tab 4 compatibility
3065 2 2015-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roberttomkins.e
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Can the Samsung GALAXY Tab 4 be used with the Lightbridge? (Android)

Cheers
2015-2-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

The devices we recommend includes Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1” & Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4”.
You could use it. But since we have not test the compatibility of Tab 4 yet, there would have some probs during use.
So my suggestion is to use the device on the recommendation list.
2015-2-9
Use props
spencer_hamons
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292208 ft
United States

I currently use my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1" with the Phantom 3 Professional with Lightbridge and it works wonderfully.  Mine is the 16gb version with a 64gb microSD for additional storage. I use my tablet for general use, in addition to flying with it.

To make it work right, you do need to use a Dremel or something similar on the bottom of the mount to allow the USB cable to connect to the bottom mount port on the Galaxy Tablet. If you don't want to do that, you can mount the tablet off-center and connect that way.  I did this at first to be sure the device would work correctly before taking the Dremel to the mount.  If you do want to try it, don't make the same mistake I did though.  When I first tried it mounted off-center, the top of the holder was pressing down on one of the volume keys. When I tried to boot up the device, it would always try to boot into safe mode.  Once I realized what was happening and remounted the tablet where the volume button wasn't being pressed, that resolved the "safe boot" problem.

Pictures below of what the setup looks like.  Please - no hard time about the pre-flight notes - using that to get my wife comfortable with flying.

Samsung Tablet on Controller.jpg

Making USB Cable Fit with Samsung 10 inch tablet.jpg

Spencer Hamons
Angel Fire, NM

2015-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules