Gimbal wheel reversal?
1275 8 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
702Ninja
lvl.1
Flight distance : 929321 ft
United States

I've attempted to search the threads but cannot find a way to change the sense of the left gimbal wheel so that when I push my finger forwards the camera points down...like it would with any other stick in any other aircraft in the entire world!

Seriously, who pushes something forwards to get it to tilt upwards?  PLEASE tell me there is a way to change this... I can only find a slider for the sensitivity, not the orientation.

Any help gratefully received.

2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to tell you that it cannot be changed.
2016-11-2
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Depending on how bad you want to do this , I bet you could just switch 2 wires around  and have  left gimbal wheel move in the opposite direction , you would simply need a volt tmeter  and a little  bit of trial and error . If you do this youy will void the warrenty , It looks like a pretty simple process if you ask me .  But ONLY take it on if you know the risk  and make sure you are competent with electronics etc.  
donnie
2016-11-2
Use props
702Ninja
lvl.1
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-2 05:30
Depending on how bad you want to do this , I bet you could just switch 2 wires around  and have  lef ...

That looks totally do-able.  Thanks for the great picture.  I've only got about 4 hours on this machine, but I do have 4000 hours of pushing sticks forwards to make the nose/picture drop, so I would rather do it now before I learn how to do it the 'wrong' way on my DJI.

I will let you know if I have any success.

2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

702Ninja Posted at 2016-11-3 01:33
That looks totally do-able.  Thanks for the great picture.  I've only got about 4 hours on this mac ...

It's not necessarily the wrong way. It makes it easier for some when pulling down is down and pushing up is up. Just to reiterate, especially if you just bought this unit, you will void the warranty on the RC if you perform the modification above. If you were to have any issues with the RC whatsoever, you will be charged for the repair service through any DJI Repair facility or will have to pay for a replacement RC in full.
2016-11-2
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

702Ninja Posted at 2016-11-2 12:33
That looks totally do-able.  Thanks for the great picture.  I've only got about 4 hours on this mac ...

Be very careful with removing the hdmi ( Part 54 on the back of the RC with the HDMI and USB ports )    Flat cables as well . This must also be done  to get to the full  access point you need to get to.  There  are videos on  you tube on how to do it .  It is simple just go about it gingerly .  DJI Jamie is re-iterating what I said , just do it knowing you will void the warranty on the RC.
Simple , just take your time. and make sure these cables ( Flat cables that go to the module )  do not get bent or pinched in the process, be sure to feed them back through the case before  re - assembly .

Just make sure you know what you are getting into .

donnie
2016-11-2
Use props
702Ninja
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for all the advice and it is duly noted.  I'm very comfortable taking tech apart though and I have no issues losing a warranty.  I also acknowledge, Jamie, that it isn't necessarily the 'wrong' way but for me it is counterintuitive.  I have too many years of muscle memory that are making me miss dynamic tracking shots and it will take too long to re-learn with only 10-15 mins on task at a time.  Perhaps you guys will consider software in the future that caters for chaps like me and allow more customization of the controls.
2016-11-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

702Ninja Posted at 2016-11-5 09:24
Thanks for all the advice and it is duly noted.  I'm very comfortable taking tech apart though and I ...

I was wondering what you were flying before that had a different configuration (or camera directional control). DJI is the only controller that I have used that has horizontal roller wheels...   Anyway, here is a video that shows removing the rear cover on the remote.

Rich
2016-11-7
Use props
LFEngineering
lvl.1

United States

On the phantom 3 it's super easy, remove back screws, flip wires at connector and it's reversed.
youtube.com/watch?v=yT9CFmvPTkk
2018-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules