Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

PAYBACK Posted at 2017-1-16 08:20
Excuse me Jeff but how the HELL can you come on this forum as a supplier and say that Amazon will NEVER receive their orders. Pretty cheeky if you ask me!

What ever happened between you and your dealings with Amazon should in my view not be discussed on this platform!

Good Morning Payback,
1. They will not receive orders because they have not placed any, simple as that.

2. Nothing happened between us an Amazon, I just don't know why they have their listing up with no inventory and no orders. If you don't want me to discuss us and Amazon I recommend to stop asking me questions about it.
The fastest way to get these is to order direct on our site right now, or through a few of our dealers who have them on order,
Again, I apologize for the inconvienence that Amazon listing has caused many people.

-Jeff
2017-1-16
Use props
Dray3573
lvl.1

United States

Typically I'm not the one to play the role of antagonist nor do I enjoy putting salt in others wounds, but there are some who are really butt hurt over this Amazon pricing debacle.  I get people trying to score on the mistake of others, but when you're not successful then maybe its best just to move on.  I think any reasonable person could have seen that there was a mistake made on the pricing Amazon published for the 6 pack of filters so to force the issue the some have seems like a wasted effort.  Over on the Mavicpilots forum there was a guy who looked like he was going to lose his mind if Amazon or PolarPro didn't honor the price.
2017-1-16
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

Ha. Yeah dude started 3 different threads on it.

Sucks that Jeff & Polar Pros are getting harassed over here. They have the best customer service of any company I have ever experienced. And to top it off, they have guys patrolling the forums looking for issues and trying to fix them... and people are still giving them sh*t. Really unbelievable.
2017-1-16
Use props
ticktockdocker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5341 ft
United States

Chaser720 Posted at 2017-1-16 10:11

Sucks that Jeff & Polar Pros are getting harassed over here. They have the best customer service of any company I have ever experienced. And to top it off, they have guys patrolling the forums looking for issues and trying to fix them... and people are still giving them sh*t. Really unbelievable.

Just want to chime in. Got my Cinema Polar Pro filters over the weekend and tried them on yesterday afternoon. They pop right on. The gimbal goes through its paces with no problem. The Mavic flew without issue and there were just no hiccoughs. I plan on keeping the ND4-PL on essentially all the time, switching only when the lighting demands more. As a photographer, I don't find these filters particularly pricey. I can't compare them to the DJI filters but these are made well and perform as advertised.
2017-1-16
Use props
Magus
lvl.2
Latvia

Those who already got PP filters, please tell which version do you have/3pack/6pack/ and are you satisfied so far. Do not understand which version (Vivid/ Shutter..) would be better?
2017-1-16
Use props
Andrejs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

Will get mines (6 pack) soon after 1 or 2 days. Will test it and write my thoughts.
2017-1-16
Use props
Mr. Hayato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 781299 ft
Hong Kong

Chaser720 Posted at 2017-1-16 10:11

Agree! Compare with PGYTech (China company). They just told it is your problem and never reply your email.

PolarPro will follow and listen customers. I really appreciate.
2017-1-16
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

Magus Posted at 2017-1-16 12:32
Those who already got PP filters, please tell which version do you have/3pack/6pack/ and are you satisfied so far. Do not understand which version (Vivid/ Shutter..) would be better?

I based my decision on the fact that I will seldom use the ND32. On a bright day, I get good results from the ND16 (exposure wise). I didn't see the need for an ND32 filter and I like having the ND4 as an option. Polarization is a plus as well.
2017-1-17
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.2

United Kingdom

GMG Posted at 2017-1-16 08:47
I received my Polar Pro cinema series 3 pack and finally had a chance to try them out.  

Here's what I like:

Im glad im not the only one but they are a nightmare to take off it feels like you're going to break the gimbal! surely these should be easier to remove
2017-1-17
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Here is a look at my 6 pack that arrived today.
Agree getting them off is tricky.

https://youtu.be/pBbz2sWdCw4
2017-1-17
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd love to hear opinions of the cinema range, especially in comparison to the Taco multicoated ones.
2017-1-17
Use props
FlyLight
lvl.2

Australia

Got my 6-pack of filters and tested them straight away, and they ARE AWESOME. Optical quality is top-notch. And I found a solution to the tight-fitting. Jeff at polarpro has informed me that they are designed to do this to allow for variance in the camera barrel. It's an easy fix and most satisfying!
Polarpro customer service is exceptional too, I have to say!

2017-1-17
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

FlyLight Posted at 2017-1-17 15:10
Got my 6-pack of filters and tested them straight away, and they ARE AWESOME. Optical quality is top-notch. And I found a solution to the tight-fitting. Jeff at polarpro has informed me that they are designed to do this to allow for variance in the camera barrel. It's an easy fix and most satisfying!

NICE!  I just did this and now the fit is perfect.  I think I trimmed away about 40%.  Before it was just way too tight and damage was going to occur at some point.
2017-1-18
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

I think i will do this too, but I would be tempted to only put the filter on and pull it off with the gimbal clamp attached.  The gimbal just looks far too fragile and the job a bit too fiddly to hold with the fingers while pushing on and pulling off
2017-1-18
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

Nigpd Posted at 2017-1-18 10:31
I think i will do this too, but I would be tempted to only put the filter on and pull it off with the gimbal clamp attached.  The gimbal just looks far too fragile and the job a bit too fiddly to hold with the fingers while pushing on and pulling off

Yep that's what I HAVE to do.  You just can't feel how much you're moving the gimbal/camera when playing the filter installation game.  The gimbal clamp and laying the Mavic upside-down makes it a quick 2 second job.

It's also loose enough to turn it for setting the polarizing.  Not like it's loose to where it'll spin on its own or move with gimbal movement.  They are still tight enough to make you really concentrate when installing/removing lol.  That little black springy metal locks onto the camera, so twisting it a bit helps a ton to get it off.
2017-1-18
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

Thanks, FlyLight. Will get of the tools tomorrow and have a go. As an Aussie far away in France, seeing the gums in your footage was a bonus.
2017-1-18
Use props
adamflath
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604 ft
United States

Thanks for the tip, but that still did not work.  It seems when you cut them down, it still catches the gimbal.  I had to use a wrench to get it off!  Not good.   
2017-1-18
Use props
FlyLight
lvl.2

Australia

GMG Posted at 2017-1-18 14:52
Thanks, FlyLight. Will get of the tools tomorrow and have a go. As an Aussie far away in France, seeing the gums in your footage was a bonus.

That's my back yard!!! Gotta love Hobart. 5 minutes from the city and I have that to play in :-)  Hope it didn't make you too homesick...
2017-1-18
Use props
FlyLight
lvl.2

Australia

adamflath Posted at 2017-1-18 18:56
Thanks for the tip, but that still did not work.  It seems when you cut them down, it still catches the gimbal.  I had to use a wrench to get it off!  Not good.

Maybe check that you cut through the middle of one of the little "verticals" rather than leaving a jagged bit sticking out top and bottom?
Mine all seem to work fine. Might have just scored a good camera-body though. You don't want to have to resort to filing the camera down!!!
2017-1-18
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

Yes, it will snag & lock as intended.  But you've got to give it a little twist back & forth.  It should slip right on & off then.  I noticed the 3 of mine (I bought the Vivid Cinema) needed different amounts trimmed.  We're only talking 1 little slither more or less, but it made a difference in the ease of removal.

Also had 1 accidentally get a rogue bend in it whilst I was handling it.  So I bent it back into the proper shape but that 1 still snags more than the other 2.  At least that is the ND16/PL that I won't use as much.  I may have to get another spring from PP & give that 1 another go if it becomes an issue.
2017-1-18
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

FlyLight Posted at 2017-1-18 19:40
That's my back yard!!! Gotta love Hobart. 5 minutes from the city and I have that to play in :-)  Hope it didn't make you too homesick...

Great backyard.  We're -8C here in SW France.  
Can I ask how you figured out where to start cutting?  Did you trial-and-error each, snipping and retrying?
2017-1-19
Use props
I love Drones
lvl.2
United States

It is quite a risky & guess work why waste time i actually bought Freewell https://freewellgear.com/59-dji-mavic-accessories received within 3 days that's the fastest i got any parcel from China they can stay on mavic all the time & do not have headache of guess job
2017-1-19
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

PolarPro Posted at 2017-1-16 08:54
Good Morning Payback,
1. They will not receive orders because they have not placed any, simple as that.

I'm confused (wouldn't be the first time)

Amazon said my order for the 6-pack is delayed until 2/15, but you're saying they haven't placed an order?

In the meantime I ordered the TACO's, arrived in about 6 days, seem to fit well but have yet to fly with them on the camera.  I would really like to get the Polar 6-pack so I can post a comparison.
2017-1-19
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-1-18 21:41
Yes, it will snag & lock as intended.  But you've got to give it a little twist back & forth.  It should slip right on & off then.  I noticed the 3 of mine (I bought the Vivid Cinema) needed different amounts trimmed.  We're only talking 1 little slither more or less, but it made a difference in the ease of removal.

Also had 1 accidentally get a rogue bend in it whilst I was handling it.  So I bent it back into the proper shape but that 1 still snags more than the other 2.  At least that is the ND16/PL that I won't use as much.  I may have to get another spring from PP & give that 1 another go if it becomes an issue.

Guys, The filters should fit snugly, so they do not come off during flight.

Here are some tips for installation:

1. flip the drone over while installing and removing, this gives you greater access to the camera and gimbal.  
2. use the pads of your fingers to grab the filter
3. If you support the gimbal and camera with your other hand, there is no excessive force being applied to the gimbal to damage it.

The more you practice taking your filters on and off the easier it gets.

I am more than happy to personally work with anyone who needs help on how to install and remove.
Jeff.overall@polarprofilters.com

Also these are not intended to be modified by customers, so if you do so, you are doing it at your own risk.

Jeff

2017-1-19
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mooney Posted at 2017-1-19 09:16
I'm confused (wouldn't be the first time)

Amazon said my order for the 6-pack is delayed until 2/15, but you're saying they haven't placed an order?

Correct, no orders from Amazon.

If you are interested in the Cinema Series filters, I would recommend ordering them within the next couple days, they are going to be backordered on our site very soon,

Jeff
2017-1-19
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Your a massive legend for finding this was just about to send them back now i dont need to thanks
2017-1-19
Use props
FlyLight
lvl.2

Australia

GMG Posted at 2017-1-19 00:54
Great backyard.  We're -8C here in SW France.  
Can I ask how you figured out where to start cutting?  Did you trial-and-error each, snipping and retrying?

Started off by taking a few mm off, then kept going. I had the 6-pack so figured I could sacrifice one if I got it wrong :-)
2017-1-19
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

FlyLight Posted at 2017-1-19 20:34
Started off by taking a few mm off, then kept going. I had the 6-pack so figured I could sacrifice one if I got it wrong :-)

Thanks.  The cutters are coming out...
2017-1-20
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

My vivid series and single ND33 cinema series will be delivered today. I really wanted the ND32 since I live near the Gulf of Mexico.
2017-1-21
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

ND32^^^^. Typo on my phone.
2017-1-21
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

PolarPro Posted at 2017-1-19 10:02
Guys, The filters should fit snugly, so they do not come off during flight.

Here are some tips for installation:

Hi Jeff.  Like others here, if I'd not been able to modify them, I'd have had to send them back as in some instances (mine included) they're just too tight, but as you've said, there's variation in DJI's machining, so this seems by no means to be a universal phenomenon.  As mentioned before, this is particularly problematic in very cold weather, where getting the pads of fingers to massage these babies off would be ideal, but not difficult under the circumstances.
2017-1-21
Use props
fans498be247
New

New Zealand

Hey guys, I just received your 3 pack of the Cinema Glass ND filters.  One problem:  They don't let the gimble initialize.  I feel like i've put them on as best as I can. Is there something i'm missing?
Adam Hagen
2017-2-4
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans498be247 Posted at 2017-2-4 15:14
Hey guys, I just received your 3 pack of the Cinema Glass ND filters.  One problem:  They don't let the gimble initialize.  I feel like i've put them on as best as I can. Is there something i'm missing?
Adam Hagen

The Filters should be pressed on all the way, and pass through gimbal initialization.
If you are still having issues you can reach out to me directly and I can help you get dialed in.

Jeff.Overall@polarprofilters.com

Thanks!
Jeff
2017-2-6
Use props
Buressy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1105033 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi I have the filters, I tried one for the first time today, it seems there is a problem: when starting the gimbal with the filter on the cameracannot freely rotate to calibrate. It taps on the gimbal and ends up not to find a good position, but distorted on one side
2017-2-18
Use props
Buressy
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

I have the Polar Pro filters. Tried one for the first time this morning. There is something wrong. The calibration of the gimbal is affected. When starting the gimbal the camera can't rotate freely. It taps on the side of the gimbal . Then the camera settles completely distorted o
2017-2-18
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

just got mine today haven't tried them yet, but hoping to have a good experience.
IMG_20170218_120408.jpg
2017-2-18
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Buressy Posted at 2017-2-18 07:03
I have the Polar Pro filters. Tried one for the first time this morning. There is something wrong. The calibration of the gimbal is affected. When starting the gimbal the camera can't rotate freely. It taps on the side of the gimbal . Then the camera settles completely distorted o

Make sure they are installed all the way on, PDF attached

If you are still having issues please send me an email and I can help you out:
Jeff.Overall@polarprofilters.com

-Jeff

Mavic Install Guide.pdf

559.83 KB, Down times: 9

2017-2-18
Use props
Buressy
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

PolarPro Posted at 2017-2-18 17:11
Make sure they are installed all the way on, PDF attached

If you are still having issues please send me an email and I can help you out:

Hello,
Thanks for answering me, I tried to download the PDF but it does not download.   In anycase, I am about to purchase the cinema filters as I don't find it practical to take away and put back the filters everytime I land.  
I was hoping to get a discount from  your support staff. For the moment I haven't hear back from them.
2017-2-20
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Buressy Posted at 2017-2-20 07:07
Hello,
Thanks for answering me, I tried to download the PDF but it does not download.   In anycase, I am about to purchase the cinema filters as I don't find it practical to take away and put back the filters everytime I land.  
I was hoping to get a discount from  your support staff. For the moment I haven't hear back from them.

The ones you have pictures should pass through gimbal initialization. They do need to be installed correctly in order to pass through initialization.

If you can send me an email: jeff.overall@polarprofilters.com I can walk you through setup, and get you all dialed in,

Jeff
2017-2-20
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

After chatting  with Amazon yesterday and sharing with them previous correspondence where Amazon's  representative stated that they would honor the original pricing, Amazon has shipped my order of the Cinema Series 6-pack and they will be here tomorrow for the original price they posted of $79.99. I had to place a new order with the $149.99  filters and they are refunding me the difference of $62.20. My original order was $87 and some change because of tax.
2017-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules