3046 17 2016-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseeb96e3a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144570 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys,

What is the opinion from Mavic owners (and yet to be owners such as myself) about the DJI Mavic Shoulder bag?
I see it's in stock (ships in 1-3 days) online so i'm thinking about getting it, and extra props (also ships in 1-3 days).

However, what is the general concensus. Are there better options? Is the quality fine? Does it fit everything nicely/protective?

Thought i would get some honest opinions, or better knowledge of it or alternatives

Thanks,
2016-11-2
Use props
fans7227f6ff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2726519 ft
  • >>>
United States

I personally do not like the DJI Mavic shoulder bag. The fit is a bit too tight and is limited with what accessories you can carry in it. I would advise going with a 3rd party bag.
2016-11-2
Use props
Loopee
lvl.2
Australia

It's alright if you just want to take the drone, controller and three batteries out, past that there isn't much room left (for the charger and other bits)

I will probably et a small pelican style case for it to get everything in
2016-11-2
Use props
fansa7eabb8f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>

I love DJI products and extremely dislike the Mavic Bag.  Quality is good, but it's way too small to be practcal. Very tight fit, an the controller sticks fold out of neutral because of this tight fit. It's simply a day bag, but don't expect to carry all your batteries, charger and Mavic gear.  I larger DSLR bag that handles everything is much more practical.  I ordered and use an Amazon Basics DSLR bag that was very inexpensive and fits everything well.

I'm going to keep the DJI Mavic Bag because it perfectly fits a 16 oz diet pepsi and 6" Subway sub.
2016-11-2
Use props
Rev Coop
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79390 ft
United States

I picked up this padded camera bag from Amazon.

Altura Photo Camera Sling Backpack: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PV0IEDY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_CSthybSKZBGN0
IMG_20161029_200136.jpg
IMG_20161029_200157.jpg
October 29, 2016 80347 PM EDT.png
2016-11-4
Use props
fansa21157f5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5596070 ft
Netherlands

I have the DJI Mavic shoulder bag too and find it too small. What I also dislike about the bag is that should you drop it on a hard surface, chances are something will break.

Now this bag I like: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/dji-mav ... ionType=typedsearch
(Dutch website, sorry, I'm sure you can find it elsewhere if you want it)

The foam protects everything quite well. You don't have to be afraid for damaging anything if you bump it a bit.

Regards,
Albert
2017-6-7
Use props
Pitando
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68284 ft
Réunion

Order this one for me.
http://www.gearbest.com/action-c ... ries/pp_380092.html
2017-6-7
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

Loopee Posted at 2016-11-2 06:25
It's alright if you just want to take the drone, controller and three batteries out, past that there isn't much room left (for the charger and other bits)

I will probably et a small pelican style case for it to get everything in

I use a backpack or other case for the other bits and bobs like the charger if traveling or needed. However, if I am out and about just for some hours during the day, or the day, the Mavic Fly More Combo bag is good. Furthermore, it is stealthy to the uninitiated to the drone world. Just looks like a camera bag that doesn't draw a lot of attention. The build quality of the bag IMO is good. You can store some extra smaller items in it and depending how you put the Mavik in the bag will determin how snug the controller does.
2017-6-7
Use props
4armo
New
Canada

You can get the Mavic, two batteries, standard charger and remote in, plus lenses in the side pouch.  Its tight tho...  Super stealth, but you do sacrifice some protection.  Build quality is decent.   I picked up the enhanced charger and there is no way that is fitting in as well.  
2017-6-7
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

personally I would go with a pelican type case or even a little softer case, I picked up a generic one(soft case) and I was able to modify it and carry my ipad inside.
2017-6-7
Use props
fans84c15d2d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 329154 ft
New Zealand

I like it. It is fine when going out for a flight with 3 batteries.
For traveling you might want a bigger case to also fit charging accessories however you can still fit everthing with the fly more bag. Its just a lot more tight fitting, or just carry charging accessories separately when traveling or get another bag to fit all together.
2017-6-9
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

dont bother its overpriced and to small, get youself a camera bag ;)
2017-6-9
Use props
Tripp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2241401 ft
United States

Super stealthy.  I use it when I don't want to attract attention and to carry when I  bring the Mavic with me just in case I see something that I want to fly.  My wife doesn't like it when I ask her to carry my big camera bag around, but she doesn't mind carrying the AC in the shoulder bag.
2017-6-9
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I got the bag with the Fly More combo and I love it. If you pack it right, the controller joysticks don't touch any of the walls, the mesh side pockets make it easy to check battery levels, and I can fit everything in the bag that I need in the field, extra props, sun shade, filters -- the charger stays home and the car charger stays in the car.

Like others have mentioned, it's tiny, and that's a huge plus for me.

That said, I'm considering picking up a small, cheapo backpack that's just large enough to hold the Mavic bag for when I'm out on my bike, as I think it would be safer and more comfortable. The last two bike trips with the Mavic the case felt a bit unweildy, both in balance and my comfort level with the stress on the strap and connectors while biking over rough terrain.

2017-6-9
Use props
VictorMike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2616266 ft
  • >>>
United States

Honestly I like the bag. I bought a 3rd party stick protector for $8 on amazon and that fixed the problem I had with them moving around in the case. I also fit the charger in the front pouch along with the USB cords and SD readers I need. Batteries go on either side and an extra set of props goes inside the flap. You can fit 4 batteries but it'll get tight (2 in the side pouches respectively, one in the mavic and one under the remote) I only take 3. It's worth noting all of that fits even with the aircraft sleeve on my Mavic which I like for some extra cushion.
2017-6-9
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

The mavic bag works well to stuff everything in and then toss in a small back pack however if you want to have a bag thats easier to use and doesn't fall over I would recommend the lowepro 180aw
awhttps://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh ... ;m=Y&sku=563934
2017-6-9
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Just a note, I pack everything in the fly more combo into this thing, but that is not all as I have it stuffed with the Loc8tor and the drone has the Flytron white strobe on it too.

If you want to bring much more than the Flymore combo and a couple small additional items, it is not going to work for you, but for me, it is perfect as it is compact and holds everything I need it too.
2017-6-9
Use props
Flyin’ Wabbit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55413 ft
Italy

I love it. If you buy the fly more combo you can fly and film for an hour and a half (with extra SD cards) all out of what looks like a DSLR camera bag.
Super stealthy. You can sling it under a baggy jacket. Well made too.
The Mavic sets up in no time so you can whip it out of the little case and set off filming with the bag over your shoulder without the need to return to 'where you left your stuff'.
I have a box in the car with chargers, spares, landing pads and all the other gadgets you inevitably end up buying but so far I have never gone back to the car for anything.
2017-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules