RTK - does it work w/o ground station
1512 4 2016-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user318b8f7cf9
lvl.1

Canada

Hello,

1) RTK - does it work w/o the ground station?

2) Can the ground station be moving (we operate off boats all the time and need to know if the RTK will work or do we have to use A3 pro).

Thx, J

2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The DRTK does need the Datalink Pro in order to function properly. These components are not able to be purchased separately, so you would be receiving both components under one price tag.

The Datalink ground end does need to be on a level stable surface, so it may be tricky. It may be ok on a large boat, but it's very likely not to work on a small boat.
2016-11-2
Use props
chschmid
lvl.1
Switzerland

Once the RTK groundstation has determined its position, it is mandatory not to move it. If you do so, you will see the copter doing the same movements.

Cheers
Christof
2016-11-3
Use props
RVRD
lvl.1

chschmid Posted at 2016-11-4 01:31
Once the RTK groundstation has determined its position, it is mandatory not to move it. If you do so ...

Thx, thats what I needed to hear.

I thought that would be the case but the manual is useless - no info at all about the operations of the RTK system.
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

For everyone,

After further digging into this discussion, I have found that the Ground Station program will be connecting to the flight controller itself and not the Datalink itself. So for those of you that do not have the DRTK and Datalink Pro combination, it will not be a conflict for you.

I sincerely apologize for the initial misinformation.
2016-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules