File recovery after crash
2220 5 2016-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
photomac8
lvl.1

Australia

I suffered a demoralising crash and the file obviously "corrupted" as it was not "closed".
No appication could recover, nor a terminal procedure on MacOS nor could the Phantom 4 reboot.
Success achieved by putting into an Osmo and recoding another video onto the same card.
I guess any working DJI drone may enable recovery of file.
Crash occured after random, uncontrolled rapid ascent to max altitude and then a rapid, uncontrolled descent.  Awaiting respnse from DJI to ascetain issue.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Really sorry to hear about the crash, you have contacted our tech support and synced your flight records, right? Our engineers will analyze the data then contact you about the reason why it happened.
2016-11-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Unfortunately the Mac is quite poor at recovering damaged video files, there are many more tools and better ones available for the PC platform.
2016-11-3
Use props
photomac8
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-3 14:14
Really sorry to hear about the crash, you have contacted our tech support and synced your flight rec ...

Thanks for those two tips and sympathy Natalia.  I did send a request to support but am yet to get a response after 7 days.  In the meantime I was able to "uncorrupt" the video file and am yet to download the data.  I am still in countryside where phone/internet reception poor.  I have just looked at how to recover data and will attempt soon.  The drone is still in warranty.   I am a novice but the behaviour of the drone was erratic and unpredictable.   Good flights were suddenly challenging as the drone would rapidly descend or as with the final slightly also rapidly ascend.   The last flight it shot to the maximum height and then came down.  Notably the recorded video indicated a tumble, I can only guess a motor switch off, but it appears to have regained power as it "kissed the ground" it was upright and motors spinning.
2016-11-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

photomac8 Posted at 2016-11-6 12:24
Thanks for those two tips and sympathy Natalia.  I did send a request to support but am yet to get ...

Do you happen to have the ticket number that would have been generated from emailing the Support team?
2016-11-5
Use props
Forhad Hossen
lvl.1

Bangladesh

Complete and capable data recovery software for rescuing files under almost any conditions including: accidentally deleted files; damaged or formatted hard drive; lost/deleted partition; photo or video lost from local drive, memory card, or camera; file lost from mobile phones, etc. For details http://www.cleverfiles.com/recover-deleted-files.html  or serarch in google for more help.
2016-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules