Flaws and Crashes - LISTING ALL MAVIC PRO CONS HERE!
3751 6 2016-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EpicLPer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80272 ft
Austria

Okay, so what's the purpose of this thread?
I want to list every single DJI Mavic flaw out there in this single thread for others to easily find and make their own choice if the Mavic is the Go-To drone for them or if they should rather go with a Phantom 4 instead.
And second of all I'm pissed that DJI throws out a rushed drone as it seems. They list features that are not fully working (1080p60 as example) or implemented yet, but still want the full price for it.

Please post your stories and flaws below so I can add them here, thanks!

• 1080p60 and 1080p96 modes are ONLY good for the upcoming DJI Goggles as an FPV mode
    The Quality is horrible (blocking, artifacts, Moire Effect, etc.) for video recordings since the sensor cannot handle those high framerates at this resolution. DJI officially stated that those modes are only useful for the upcoming FPV Goggles, not for recording. SEE THIS POST and the attached PDF for more info.
    -
  • Mavic Pro gets unresponsive and a mind of its own for yet unknown reasons
    Multiple users reported that their Mavic Pro flew away, suddenly started to fly in circles or descended for no reason at all.
    Here are only a few examples: Example 1, Example 2, Example 3 (including video!), Example 4, Example 5
    -
  • Gimbal obstructed warning even tho gimbal is NOT obstructed
    A few users reported that their gimbal is reported as "obstructed" by the DJI Go app even tho they made sure to remove the gimbal protection, the second protection and the stickers. Calibrating the gimbal didn't work for them either since the report won't go away. The gimbal would move, but not fully initialize as stated by those users.
    -
  • No charger + other cables missing
    Probably a derp-up by DJI and so far this is the only report of such a thing happening, still annoying tho. CLICK HERE FOR THREAD
    -

Post your own stories below and I'll include them here!

2016-11-2
Use props
EpicLPer
lvl.2
Austria

If you have any more flaws to list here be sure to reply!
2016-11-3
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136900 ft

This is basically just a copy of 'St. Pauli's' thread:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-67927-1-1.html

There is no need for this. And I hardly see why you've listed down the missing cables point as it's only me (as far as I know) that's had that issue. And it's not really a reason to get a Phantom 4 instead. That's laughable. And also the issues of the Drone doing it's own thing and spinning. Sure it's not right, but everyone is fully aware these are firmware issues that will be addressed in updates so they will no longer be an issue soon to come.

Really no need for this thread, just seems you are still in a bad mood as you haven't got your Mavic yet and you want to rant some more like your other thread.
2016-11-3
Use props
EpicLPer
lvl.2
Austria

Kuzz Posted at 2016-11-3 12:47
This is basically just a copy of 'St. Pauli's' thread:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-67927-1-1.html

Whoops, didn't know there was already one, damn...

Also yes I'm still kinda pissed about DJI... They advertised it with a 1080p60 mode and all but did not mention the reduced quality. Also the shipping time is the worst...
2016-11-3
Use props
daveypoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328176 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gimbal is hitting the metal plate used as a failsafe causing gimbal calibration errors.  The phone mounting setup is a joke and there's going to be damage to phone ports due to excessive trials and errors inserting the plug.  I'm beginning to think smaller isn't always better......Also getting various obstacle avoidance errors at 500 feet up unless this thing is sensing an over abundance of C02.......
2016-11-10
Use props
B___S___A
New

Australia

i was just informed by DJI chat that the erratic gimble start up causing faults has been slowed down in version 0300..
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Thread closed. Please post in http://forum.dji.com/thread-67927-1-1.html.
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules