Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Shipping Update Nov. 3, 2016
1234567Next >
31089 251 2016-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dear DJI Customers:

We owe you an apology for our delays in delivering the new Mavic Pro. We want to thank you for your patience and also advise that we are looking into improving our order process and systems, based largely on your feedback.

When we announced Mavic Pro and began accepting pre-orders, we expected to deliver the first units in mid-October. However, ramping up production to full speed at top quality took longer than planned. Prior to our scheduled shipping target, we encountered an issue integrating a part into the Mavic Pro. We resolved that within a week. On top of that, the excitement for the Mavic Pro beat our expectations. As a result, we are working diligently to ramp up production to meet the higher-than-anticipated demand for the Mavic Pro.

We have been shipping for nearly two weeks, but even with round-the-clock production, we unfortunately cannot give specific delivery estimates for many orders moving through various global sales channels because of this demand. For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks.

Some of you waiting for your Mavic Pro also expressed concern about our immediate billing of pre-orders. We've heard you and are examining potential alternatives with our payment provider.

DJI exists to put amazing technology and innovation into your hands, and we're sorry it's taking so long with Mavic Pro. Our internal systems haven't kept up with the enormous demand for our products, and your enthusiasm for our newest offering is spurring us to improve. We appreciate your understanding and are doing everything we can to get Mavic Pro to you as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

DJI

2016-11-3
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Finally some honesty from DJI! This is very much appreciated.

Perhaps DJI could have avoided so much anger if they had admitted that there was a problem 3 weeks ago.
2016-11-3
Use props
warrior200
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I'm OK with everything at the moment when I ordered mine it said shipping in November but that is great hearing from dji.Yes it should have been said before.
2016-11-3
Use props
theaussie

Australia

Congratulations DJI for coming out with at least something it takes a lot of corporate guts to admit there was a problem, and I will continue to wait with great anticipation
2016-11-3
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

As to coming clean now, its kind of late, but if you guys had a problem with the manufacturing parts provider for the production of the drone, you could of said this from the beginning. Before Oct 15, also your shipment logistic organization is horrible, never in more than 13 years working in a warehouse that supplies go out in masses to reseller first than online stores and retail stores. I work for a company that sells product in our online store, and retail store all from our warehouses, why you went and sold to your reseller first when they could of hold back on their dates for receiving the product, plus, you dont receive payments on the spots, like most online store do, which is direct payments when you charge a credit card or debit card or even on paypal. We never do this kind of things because even if our resellers are our clients we know that they could understand that situation of selling our product first online, and retail store. If anyone wants to buy our product first, they place orders on our online store, or go to our retail store, its logical, anyone will argue no it does not go that way, but thats our chain of logistical process. The resellers get our product much later until we have taken care of our customers first..... Something which did not happen with your warehouse, you stock up your reseller, and some the left over to your online clients, think about, it a perfect example of Newegg some people order their drone on the 13 of Oct and got their drone on the 22 of Oct, that is not normal, because some of your online clients from sept 27 are left out with no drone. So why have an online store, if people could get their drone on a reseller store, lets not even talk your own retail store. What if people instead of buying from your own retail store and online store get the product first in a reseller, why waste resource in online store and retail store if they would get it first on a reseller store.
So as a supervisor in mountain gear online store we take care of our online orders, first, and retail store first, then the reseller last.
As to the payment, well, I understand that you charge people first, because I know my bank would of automatically cancel the payment, if you do not charge the card, if you place a reserve with certain credit card, and it takes about a month, you would have to return the reserve payment to the bank credit card, and you would cancel the order of coarse, because its has taken more than a month to take care of your online orders.
Most bank credit cards take reservation  payments on hold for a month. Your reseller do not pay you on the spot for your product, in Spain they pay you after 3 months has past and online clients is a automatic payment on the spot. I don't understand your system but if you want fluidity in your company there has to be more communications with your manufacturing providers, sales dept, and warehouse dept....
2016-11-3
Use props
Danny-B-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

This is what should have been posted about two weeks ago. Well done !

Im interested as to which part they were having issues in fitting??
2016-11-3
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

As to coming clean now, its kind of late, but if you guys had a problem with the manufacturing parts provider for the production of the drone, you could of said this from the beginning. Before Oct 15, also your shipment logistic organization is horrible, never in more than 13 years working in a warehouse that supplies go out in masses to reseller first than online stores and retail stores. I work for a company that sells product in our online store, and retail store all from our warehouses, why you went and sold to your reseller first when they could of hold back on their dates for receiving the product, plus, you dont receive payments on the spots, like most online store do, which is direct payments when you charge a credit card or debit card or even on paypal. We never do this kind of things because even if our resellers are our clients we know that they could understand that situation of selling our product first online, and retail store. If anyone wants to buy our product first, they place orders on our online store, or go to our retail store, its logical, anyone will argue no it does not go that way, but thats our chain of logistical process. The resellers get our product much later until we have taken care of our customers first..... Something which did not happen with your warehouse, you stock up your reseller, and some the left over to your online clients, think about, it a perfect example of Newegg some people order their drone on the 13 of Oct and got their drone on the 22 of Oct, that is not normal, because some of your online clients from sept 27 are left out with no drone. So why have an online store, if people could get their drone on a reseller store, lets not even talk your own retail store. What if people instead of buying from your own retail store and online store get the product first in a reseller, why waste resource in online store and retail store if they would get it first on a reseller store.
So as a supervisor in mountain gear online store we take care of our online orders, first, and retail store first, then the reseller last.
As to the payment, well, I understand that you charge people first, because I know my bank would of automatically cancel the payment, if you do not charge the card, if you place a reserve with certain credit card, and it takes about a month, you would have to return the reserve payment to the bank credit card, and you would cancel the order of coarse, because its has taken more than a month to take care of your online orders.
Most bank credit cards take reservation  payments on hold for a month. Your reseller do not pay you on the spot for your product, in Spain they pay you after 3 months has past and online clients is a automatic payment on the spot. I don't understand your system but if you want fluidity in your company there has to be more communications with your manufacturing providers, sales dept, and warehouse dept....
2016-11-3
Use props
grozmo
Australia

I'm hoping this means orders from early October will be sent within a couple weeks.. (hoping it doesn't take 6 weeks to fulfill the first 2 days, and then the rest..). Just a little more info would have been good, but I guess it's something
2016-11-3
Use props
Maverikster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24672 ft
Netherlands

Good to read this info. I can expect my mavic in the coming 2 months ...
2016-11-3
Use props
hashtag
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1716 ft
United Kingdom

The announcement is telling very little other than DJI hope to clear the backlog of orders up to the 3rd of November and that they missed their first delivery date by weeks . If production is at full speed and they know what orders they have it is not rocket science to be able to give their customers an estimated delivery time on the date they ordered. DJI have had my money since the 29th of September, when is it arriving, this week, next week tell me when. That is all I want to know.
2016-11-3
Use props
terminat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

well they did say things mroe straight now.. but what do i read?' order till 3 november will be shipped within  2 months from now? WOAW !!! :-((( let's hope before march next year situation get better... before my next trip !
2016-11-3
Use props
fans79980476
New
United Kingdom

let the attached picture talk instead of me. They used to say it's gonna be with me mithin November, now it's within December. Liars.

image1.PNG
2016-11-3
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

I knew this would happen. DJI provided the information you wanted (as best they could) and is this enough?  Nope, you're still going to bitch.
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

They will not nor should not tell you what integration issues they were having, simply put, it's none of your business.
2016-11-3
Use props
hashtag
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Of course customers will bitch when they are told what they already know. It is not the information I wanted and there is still no indication of when they will receive their Mavic. Good PR is letting their customers know what is happening and why. Thinking about it DJI don't know what PR is.
2016-11-3
Use props
bighi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I've been trying to change my order address since last night with zero luck. I also have to be sure that whatever friend whose address I use has no travel plans. All of this is a first for me. Even with DJI since phantom 3 and 4 were a lot easier to receive.
2016-11-3
Use props
Lepus
lvl.4

Canada

Finally a real answer.  I'm glad they listened.  It was a little late on the answer, but better to be honest even if it is late.  Thanks for the update.   If it 7 to 8 weeks for delivery it should be the next 2 weeks for the first orders. Was considering cancelling glad I didn't.
2016-11-3
Use props
c_future
Second Officer
Austria

hi

Reading the Update Mindy posted..   it does not bring too much light into the pre-orders.

for example i ordered the combo late 28th of sept. and even after reading the news.. checking out feedback in all those forum threads around - i still have no idea when things will happen.

thanks
br
andreas
2016-11-3
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

Lets just not hope that Egghead clients and other resellers don't get the second wave of the manufacturing, because if they do that means many people who place orders way after us will get them first than those who place orders on the 27 of sept all the way to the 13 of Oct like one guy who posted a video on youtube saying he place his order on the 13 of oct in egghead and got it on the 22 of oct do that sounds fair to those who place an order on the DJI online store on the 27 and still to this day did not get it, I mean what is the use to have a online direct store or retail store if all the resellers are getting them first. This sounds like they are wanting to stock up Apple and those who place orders on apple will still get it first than those who have place an order here on the 27 of sept all the way to the 13 of Oct.

I mean for that might as well don´t sell on your direct online or retail store because your stocking them up and they are people getting their orders first.
For real what a disaster of organization within the manufacturing to warehouse, to sale online and retail, for DJI this will be definitely the last time I order online through them. When ever they come up with a new product I will check the forums to see if they are having trouble, because that way I will order on a reseller website instead, because for sure I wil get it first than any of the people who order throught DJI website, I mean really useless to have a DJI online store when resellers are getting it first than you....
2016-11-3
Use props
lclerc69
lvl.1

they just say something and keep all of us in a blackhole
2016-11-3
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

lclerc69 Posted at 2016-11-3 18:39
they just say something and keep all of us in a blackhole

I totally agree with you.
2016-11-3
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lepus Posted at 2016-11-3 10:13
Finally a real answer.  I'm glad they listened.  It was a little late on the answer, but better to b ...

There is absolutely no assurance that orders made in the first few days will be shipped in the next two weeks. I ordered on 29/09/16 and have been told that really hope that my order will be shipped this month but cannot say with any certainty that it will.

DJI told us, on 18/10/16 that production was in full-swing. They have now stated that this was NOT the case. Whilst I am pleased that DJI have made another statement, I would suggest that this is the statement that should have made in the first place.

To date, there is absolutely no reason to trust anything that DJI have told us. The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour....
2016-11-3
Use props
Lepus
lvl.4

Canada

c_future Posted at 2016-11-3 18:15
hi

Reading the Update Mindy posted..   it does not bring too much light into the pre-orders.

Besides being late with this update, which should have been posted in the first week.  They had issues with production, which it sounds like they have completely resolved.  Any orders since today, should see their drone in the next 7 to 8 weeks.  Which if I am correct, people should start seeing shipping notices by next week for the first few days.  At least they finally came out and gave a valid reason, there was no smoke blowing this time.
2016-11-3
Use props
fans87ac46d5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So as expected it'll be 2017 before delivery.  DJI have treated its customers with contempt since the beginning.  I don't think this "apology" is being offered as a result of customer dissatisfaction.  I think this apology is being offered because DJI are now under pressure from Apple.  Apple don't appreciate being dragged into false promises, poor communication and negative attention.  Partnering with DJI has brought this to their door and they don't mess about.  Apple could buy DJI with the change in their pocket and make it a global customer focussed streamlined machine.  I think DJI will now have to focus heavily on their production processes, supplier system, and customer service.  DJI can no longer behave like a Chinese company in a global market.  They have to adapt, adjust their processes and operate in compliance with other countries laws.  A billion dollar company intent on spearheading the future of the drone market needs to remember that its customers arent stupid and expect such a company to behave appropriately.
2016-11-3
Use props
Lepus
lvl.4

Canada

fans87ac46d5 Posted at 2016-11-3 19:07
So as expected it'll be 2017 before delivery.  DJI have treated its customers with contempt since th ...

I think you hit the nail on the head with Apple.  I don't think Apple likes screwing around with it's customers.
2016-11-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-11-3 16:16
Finally some honesty from DJI! This is very much appreciated.

Perhaps DJI could have avoided so mu ...

Peace all. Get on with whatever you are doing. You'll enjoy your Mavic when it arrives. It's exceeded my expectations. The stability, image quality, range of navigation and INCREDIBLE compactness sets a new bar in this hobby. No two ways about it. Reference craft are a P4 and a Inspire with an X3.
2016-11-3
Use props
CFGHvqwXJkJy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I don't appreciate DJI holding onto all of our money for another 7 to 8 weeks and gaining interest from it.

They should keep our orders in place but put the money back in our banks until they are closer to shipping them.
2016-11-3
Use props
Lepus
lvl.4

Canada

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-11-3 19:15
Peace all. Get on with whatever you are doing. You'll enjoy your Mavic when it arrives. It's excee ...

Have you had any issues with it?
2016-11-3
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-11-3 11:15
Peace all. Get on with whatever you are doing. You'll enjoy your Mavic when it arrives. It's excee ...

I don't doubt what you are saying for one second. DJI makes incredible aircraft. I cannot wait to get mine....
2016-11-3
Use props
fans4e0cc7b3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>

They claim to be shipping around the clock but hat has not been independently verified. The only orders that have been received were with the first very small shipment.
2016-11-3
Use props
hashtag
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Be wary of any positive comments about this statement from DJI. It is far to easy to be who ever you want on the internet and for sure I wouldn't believe any thing from DJII until I get my mavic,  weeks late already that was ordered on the 29th of September. Remember the email sent to their dealers about keeping customers.
2016-11-3
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

hashtag Posted at 2016-11-3 07:27
Be wary of any positive comments about this statement from DJI. It is far to easy to be who ever you ...

You mean the fake email that no one could prove was legit?
2016-11-3
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

hashtag Posted at 2016-11-3 04:04
The announcement is telling very little other than DJI hope to clear the backlog of orders up to the ...

They said 6-8 weeks... you are unfortunetly arent going to be happy until you get ur item... and even then you will bitch about something else. Sucks its only 3 weeks late, but they finally said there was a delay in production... just be patient. if you dont like it, cancel... nobody is forcing you to keep your preorder...
2016-11-3
Use props
brightlights200
lvl.1

I hope that the pressure that Amazon & Apple are putting them under will improve all our chances of getting our Mavics a little quicker as DJI has shot themseles in the foot with this release.
2016-11-3
Use props
Shift
New

Netherlands

Damn I didn't order it yet. So When will I be getting one if I order in november?
2016-11-3
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

c_future Posted at 2016-11-3 05:15
hi

nest 6-8 weeks. can't wait for christmas!
2016-11-3
Use props
fansd91ca714
lvl.4
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

Shift Posted at 2016-11-3 12:26
Damn I didn't order it yet. So When will I be getting one if I order in november?

"In 6 - 8 weeks" if you order today by the looks of it.
2016-11-3
Use props
Shift
New

Netherlands

:
2016-11-3
Use props
I think DJI was only being part honest in this statement. Problem integrating a part? I suspect it involved the redesigned gimbal cover. When they realized people were flying with the cover on (and probably damaging the gimbal motor) they made it opaque, and posted instructions about how to remove the gimbal cover and clamp. That change in production and dealing with the supplier of that part took time. And let's not forget Apple. You gotta believe Apple got allot of the initial production to meet contractual quota requirements. Hopefully, those have been met, and the trickle of shipments to us will pick-up.
2016-11-3
Use props
Cripes, no word wrap on a mobile device. Really?
2016-11-3
Use props
Lepus
lvl.4

Canada

fansd91ca714 Posted at 2016-11-3 20:32
"In 6 - 8 weeks" if you order today by the looks of it.

It's actually 7 to 8 weeks...  
2016-11-3
Use props
1234567Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules