Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Shipping Update Nov. 3, 2016
31313 258 2016-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

bighi Posted at 2016-11-3 00:02
I've been trying to change my order address since last night with zero luck. I also have to be sure  ...

Same here. I need to change my shipping address so someone can receive my order when I leave in 5 days!!
2016-11-3
Use props
fans15a71422
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23737 ft
United Kingdom

Delays happen...especially on new product releases...so I'm not overly annoyed by that, especially if they have a manufacturing glitch.  I'd rather get the product delivered and it be right, than get it right now and have bits falling off (or worse).

What does irk me, as others have already stated, is the fact that my early purchase (I ordered on 29th September) seems to count for nothing as their statement doesn't give a commitment that orders placed first will be despatched first.  It's the little things like that which make people feel valued, even when things go wrong.
2016-11-3
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

WOW... I ordered mine through Amazon back at the beginning of October, my order delivery date was delayed to Nov 15, then later, updated to Nov 30 to Dec 15, and not I just got a new update via email, saying that my order will be delayed an additional 7 to 8 weeks, minimum. This means it will not arrive until some time in mid to lat February??? This is just crazy.
2016-11-3
Use props
enc3phalon
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I feel for the people who have already been charged. If they have to wait for a couple of months think of the interest they could have made if they had invested in the share market. Since last month the value of the pound has gone down by 3 percent. If the UK buyers had made a foreign investment using that money they could have made a profit of around 30 quid. That is equal to a nice meal in a restaurant. just think of the number of orders DJI have charged for without delivering. The interest they are accumulating on your money must be enormous. If DJI really feel bad about the delay, they should reimburse these people and charge only when they are in a position to deliver like most companies do.
2016-11-3
Use props
Richard-Mavic P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44797 ft
United States

I put my order 19th Oct. (@ that time they said ship within Nov.) why now pushed back to 6-8 weeks?
2016-11-3
Use props
bpurvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13750 ft
United Kingdom

Integrated part issue. text message reckons November for shipping

2016-11-3
Use props
brightlights200
lvl.1

DJI-Ken,
I agree with you that nobody should use foul language or call anyone by a derogatory term.
Yes I am extremely annoyed as I have a very personal reason to be but I will not share that in a public forum.

Please let's each respect each other even if we disagree stronly with each other or thier point of view.

Yes that especially includes DJI employees as they are not the ones calling the shots rather they have their backs to the barricades with the shots aimed directly at them.
2016-11-3
Use props
Rhoffmann100
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41755 ft
United States

I'm cancelling since in New York it will be too cold .  The guaranty clock  and will be ticking in an unused Mavic for months and the DJI care I paid for as well. Better to let DJI work out the kinks and wait it out.

Wish they would have been up front from the outset . They took the money from my credit card already not just a hold
2016-11-3
Use props
RAVEN7
lvl.2
United States

braddahjosh808 Posted at 2016-11-3 08:58
Same here. I need to change my shipping address so someone can receive my order when I leave in 5  ...

I got you bud, PM'd you my address, I'll take care of it, no problemo
2016-11-3
Use props
fans61b450d4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8871 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is interesting is that the update came after my message below to DJI yesterday:

Charles Harris
Nov 3, 06:10 CST

I have been trying to get a status update on my September 30th order for the Mavic. I am just seeking a straight forward answer regarding the order. The orders online were touted first come first serve and that appears to have failed along with the shipping date. All responses I get send me to the online chat function which is also a fail because no one can get through to a customer service rep. This is not a good way to do business by holding funds and not responding to inquiries. The order number is in the subject line.

2016-11-3
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

To all of you who are still crying about not having your Mavic after reading this article. You are type of person who they could never please. Even if they gave you your Mavic free, you'd find something to cry about. Do DJI and all of us that don't mind waiting a favor. Cancel your order.
2016-11-3
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

Richard-Mavic P Posted at 2016-11-3 09:10
I put my order 19th Oct. (@ that time they said ship within Nov.) why now pushed back to 6-8 weeks?

Because they have production problem.
2016-11-3
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196834 ft

The most strange thing it's the inability for giving people a date for shipment knowing that the orders are numbered in sequence or else the firts arrive, first served wouldn't be possible. That is the most strange thing in the comunication and the only conclusion that we can take is that they are not in full production at the moment. I believe that the problems with the production are still ocurring therefore they can only predict delivery schedules for weeks and not for days.
2016-11-3
Use props
Travelling Dron
lvl.2

7-8 weeks and ordered it on the 2nd day, it's kind of a joke I'd be cool if they actually gave some type of DJI CARE FRESH package for free but it's like saying to bad for the mistake we made.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

brightlights200 Posted at 2016-11-4 00:11
DJI-Ken,
I agree with you that nobody should use foul language or call anyone by a derogatory term.

Thank you for posting, and yes DJI has forum rules and will not tolerate the language an personal attacks and name calling.
We are also being very lenient with users who are crossing the line with the negative posts and how they are wording them. This is DJI's forum and it's here con constructive purposes to answer technical questions and assist users and let everyone have input to help each other.
And with the Mavic delay, this section of the forum has been full of negativity and DJI full understands all that have ordered are frustrated and want to vent.
BUT, please vent in a proper manner.
2016-11-3
Use props
Mac_A_Roll
lvl.2

United States

I feel like i just purchased a drone from kick starter and waiting for it to be finish in production, but then again i get weekly updates on how things are going from them
2016-11-3
Use props
Mac_A_Roll
lvl.2

United States

watuse Posted at 2016-11-3 11:14
yeah they should compensate us all with some goodies like an extra battery

Should give Everyone an extra Battery, and if people did purchase one , give them a refund.
2016-11-3
Use props
fans8183cc66
lvl.3

I don't believe anyone knows who DJI will be shipping to first. Is it retailers or customers with orders on their site? I ordered Oct 4th from a local retailer who claims to be a tier one distributor. < whatever that means. On November 1st they said the first or second week of November, I'll have to see what they say now.
2016-11-3
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Why do mods have duplicate posts?

DJI/Ken already posted the news release.
2016-11-3
Use props
suttonr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 300302 ft
United Kingdom

Just had this from a reseller in the UK doesn't seem right to me ??? has anyone else heard this ?

Hi Robert,

We were contacted yesterday by our UK importer of DJI products (Flying Gadgets Ltd) to confirm that DJI had announced last minute that they are not prepared to reduce their trade price to help out with the decrease in value of the pound. Therefore we would make a loss if we sold the DJI Mavic. This action by DJI, has resulted in our importer and other UK wholesalers having to remove the Mavic from their product list and we are now faced with issuing refunds to our customers immediately. We sincerely apologise for this disappointing news as we invested heavily in marketing the product and were preparing to take on extra staff to distribute out to our customers in the shortest possible time. We work very hard on the quality of our customer service and will ensure refunds are with you ASAP.
2016-11-3
Use props
Emi27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 222805 ft
Netherlands

I want to cancel the order! There is no cancellation button or something. Does someone know how to do it? (ordered from DJI directly)
2016-11-3
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
Flight distance : 832641 ft
United Kingdom

We should have been told about this weeks ago surely, so am guessing now the successor to the Mavic will also appear in 2017.
2016-11-3
Use props
Rhoffmann100
lvl.2
United States

Emi27 Posted at 2016-11-3 13:37
I want to cancel the order! There is no cancellation button or something. Does someone know how to d ...

Tried sending an email and on chat. Stayed on chat for hours and all I get is Chinese response that I can't decipher.

I'm cancelling for two reasons.

In New York will no be able to use it In January due to cold and icy conditions
Letting  it sit in a box for 4 Months burns up my warranted period and the DJI car package.

Better to cancel and wait until spring when the bugs and production issues are worked out
2016-11-3
Use props
Rhoffmann100
lvl.2
United States

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-11-3 12:24
To all of you who are still crying about not having your Mavic after reading this article. You are t ...

That's inappropriate . I'm not crying at all.

Tried sending an email and on chat. Stayed on chat for hours and all I get is Chinese response that I can't decipher.

I'm cancelling for two reasons.

In New York will no be able to use it In January due to cold and icy conditions
Letting  it sit in a box for 4 Months burns up my warranted period and the DJI car package.

Better to cancel and wait until spring when the bugs and production issues are worked out
2016-11-3
Use props
Emi27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 222805 ft
Netherlands

Rhoffmann100 Posted at 2016-11-3 18:48
Tried sending an email and on chat. Stayed on chat for hours and all I get is Chinese response tha ...

Finally, did you manage to cancel or needs more work?
2016-11-3
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
United States

Rhoffmann100 Posted at 2016-11-3 13:49

Tried sending an email and on chat. Stayed on chat ...

I should of worded it differently. However, I do know as long as you don't register your Mavic, the Care Fresh won't get activated. Also you don't need to register it or get the Fresh Care until your ready to use it.  As for the warranty running out while the Mavic sits in a closet unused, I'd like to hear from DJI-Ken when does the warranty start? Date of purchase? Delivery day Mavic in hand? When you register?
2016-11-3
Use props
warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Rhoffmann100 Posted at 2016-11-3 17:48
Tried sending an email and on chat. Stayed on chat for hours and all I get is Chinese response tha ...

Don't cancel just don't fire up the mavic and your dji care package won't start until up you register it but I don't know about the warranty ! . I'm in the same boat here in the uk but sometimes we get nice days to fly. I fly racing quads on good winter days with no problems I just keep the batteries warm until I need them.
2016-11-3
Use props
Rhoffmann100
lvl.2
United States

Emi27 Posted at 2016-11-3 13:56
Finally, did you manage to cancel or needs more work?

Nope. Still waiting for a response. I imagine I'm not the only one doing the same thing
2016-11-3
Use props
Z1uKtCi5N1Ix
lvl.1

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-11-4 00:24
To all of you who are still crying about not having your Mavic after reading this article. You are t ...

LOL! Mass cancellations does not do you or DJI a favour. Not sure you understand how business works.
2016-11-3
Use props
fansd2a7e01c
New

United States

fans87ac46d5 Posted at 2016-11-3 19:07
So as expected it'll be 2017 before delivery.  DJI have treated its customers with contempt since th ...

You got it - in addition  BestBuy and Amazon have also been let down - and you can bet have talked to DJI as well. DJI has had a rude awakening and a LOT of meetings and explaining to do to 2000 pound gorillas.
2016-11-3
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
United States

Z1uKtCi5N1Ix Posted at 2016-11-3 14:29
LOL! Mass cancellations does not do you or DJI a favour. Not sure you understand how business work ...

I never said anything about mass cancelations. I do understand business that's why I'm waiting, patiently. It's just my opinion if the people who complain don't like the wait, then cancel. However if they did cancel in a way they would be doing DJI a favor, they'd have less orders to fill, but more happier customers who'd get their Mavic sooner. On the other hand, they'd lose some money, but not enough to lose any sleep over.
2016-11-3
Use props
MR BringIt
lvl.2
United States

why does newegg say they have it in stock?  but im waiting on an order from 9/29?  how would this make you feel, DJI?
2016-11-3
Use props
JliCy8mzHecf
lvl.1

I went ahead an ordered the Phantom 4 ultimate from Amazon will get it Saturday, so I can catch the fall colors here in south Texas.
I left the Mavic order in place and may pass the 4 on to my son later on.
2016-11-3
Use props
fans49e42a20
lvl.1

United States

MR BringIt Posted at 2016-11-3 11:52
why does newegg say they have it in stock?  but im waiting on an order from 9/29?  how would this ma ...

Newegg is sourcing their inventory from Drones Etc, and if you look on https://www.dronesetc.com it's pre-order only.  That's poor communication right there.
2016-11-3
Use props
PlateauPro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 905384 ft
United States

Yes, some contact was appreciated but it is still vague to what the issue actually is or was. And still no time schedule to when existing orders will ship, just a 'within' 2-month range. What erks me is that when I ordered (Oct 25 yes I was late and don't expect it tomorrow, but) the website said 'within November'. 7-8 weeks is definitely past November. Also, now the site says 'within December' which could, theoretically, be received before this 7-8 week timeline.

Finally; DJI CHAT with Liu. Until today, the online chat has been useful, albeit slow, but the reps have been courteous, looked up my order and gave me a vague answer, but still an answer. TODAY, Liu said they did not have access to order info and then simply closed the chat window after my follow-up question. Rude.

DJI without a doubt does make great products, but is it worth dealing with this misleading, vague and now rude business practice? Kinda makes me wonder that when, hopefully this year, I finally receive the Mavic, will it reflect the past 'great' products of DJI or will it be plagued with issues?

If I miss a deadline, default on a promise, or quality is not up to par in my business, our first action is to communicate with our customer IMMEDIATELY and clearly. And that communication usually happens before the customer is aware - not after they have contacted us repeatedly. Secondly we come to a resolution - usually at a cost of some sort to us, but without our customers, we are nothing. Something DJI should be aware of and practice.

-on the fence

From my observations so far, since I am not a super youtuber, big media or a giant online retailer, looks my Mavic - ordered straight from the source - keeps being pushed back so they may please them first.
2016-11-3
Use props
fansb87879f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ordered on the 23/10/2016
I will be  absolutely gutted if I don't receive it before the 20th of Dec as going to Nz and Fiji for 6 weeks and was really looking forward to get some amazing footage
2016-11-3
Use props
AyrshireUAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rhoffmann100 Posted at 2016-11-3 17:49

Tried sending an email and on chat. Stayed on chat ...

You make a very valid point. Come delivery time the vast majority of those who ordered it will be in heavy winter periods. The Mavic will be losing warranty cover everyday until late February/March.  You could maybe not turn it on and use it or register it as I think the warranty begins on activation.  DJI have royally screwed up, but will they compensate everyone who pre-ordered and paid upfront?  I doubt it.  We probably won't even get as much as a free set of props.
2016-11-3
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Dickster Posted at 2016-11-3 07:37
I think DJI was only being part honest in this statement. Problem integrating a part? I suspect it i ...

The gimble cover isn't opaque.   It just has an opaque removable film on it.
2016-11-3
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

AyrshireUAV Posted at 2016-11-3 16:39
You make a very valid point. Come delivery time the vast majority of those who ordered it will be  ...

The warranty is for a year so no matter when you start the warranty you will have to go through a winter season.

Seems it's not a full year warranty, 6 months on some components, so yeah I see your point.
2016-11-3
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28750 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CFGHvqwXJkJy Posted at 2016-11-3 19:20
I don't appreciate DJI holding onto all of our money for another 7 to 8 weeks and gaining interest f ...

you could cancel your order and get a refund.......

We all ordered the product as a pre-order and as such none of us really had any idea how long it was until they were going to ship. Yep, i agree that i am sure, like me, we all thought of we ordered on 27th/28th etc we would receive it sometime around mid october but to be honest these were all presumptions. Just think we have to accept that its clearly taking longer to make these things and loads of people want them......always going to be an awkward situation for DJI.
Lets just wait and i am sure Mavics will be arriving soon
2016-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules