Enter Flight Data Mode
9399 3 2016-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

In DJI GO under Main Controller Settings > Advanced Settings > is Enter Flight Data Mode
Pressing it says - "Connect aircraft with computer by USB port, and then export available flight data. Restart aircradft to exit flight data mode."

How does doing this differ from simply connecting a USB betwen aircraft and computer (with it powered on) and dragging the files across with explorer or finder?

By this I mean is there any need to actually go into this Enter Flight Data Mode menu instead of just connecting the two devices and moving files across to Computer.

Also because using Windows 10 whenever I connect the mavic it reports disk error with the SD card (D Drive). I tried reformatting it with Mavic and no change. Tried formatting it with Windows 10 and this fixed the error until the Mavic rebooted and rebuilt its file system on the card. Then the error message returned. Is this anything to be concirned about or just Wndows 10 being a PITA.
2016-11-3
Use props
Sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"Flight Data Mode" is to get the flight logs form the aircraft. You need to use thre DJI Assistant 2 software also. It has nothing to do with getting photos/video off your SD card. The Mavic has its own storage for the log files.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Logger, for Mavic and Phantom 4,you don't need to enter flight data mode.
Please refer to the video tutorial.
2016-11-3
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Aha.. thank you both for that. Will grab the DJI Assistant 2 software. Cheers.

I gather there is little point in transferring the flight data logs unless I actually have an issue. My MAVIC is running beautifully (as advertised) and have absolutely no complaints so far.
2016-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules