Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Shipping Update (02/17/2017)
282759 7070 2016-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daveman
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for the update, greatly appreciated.  I wish the news was better but it is what it is.

We as consumers need to understand more than we do how the business works.  I don't expect DJI to tell us, that would be foolish on their part, but maybe we should apply some level of logic to it.  We expect DJI to bring to the table great innovative products and to date they have not failed.  That takes considerable cost in research and development to do that.  That means that they have to run a business model that accounts for that.  They have to make the smart business decisions.  Sure they have considerable resources and could stand up a production line that could fill the massive orders that they didn't anticipate, but we have to face it, that would be a BAD business decision.  You don't stand up a line to make 10,000 units a month to meet initial demand when long term you only need 2,500 a month.  Tooling and staffing production is an expensive proposition and having excess capacity and capital investment sitting idle long term is a waste, money they could use in R&D to make the next great product.  The fact of the matter is that we the consumers overwhelmed them day 1 and we are just going to have to let them catch up.  Sure I would like a specific date range when I would expect mine, sure I would like to see a return on my investment quickly, but in the end I also want to see a Mavic 2 that makes everything else look like a dime store toy.  
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans70de966e Posted at 2016-11-4 01:37
Ken.booth@dji.com would be his. It's likely email. But he may commit seppuku after today.

Incorrect, that's a different Ken.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-4 01:44
Ok dji Ken thanks, ordered 29th , traveling to Budapest on 12th not looking good for that, anyway  ...

That sounds like an awesome trip. Still cross your fingers for a delivery.
2016-11-3
Use props
fans3521c905
lvl.3

United States

Does the manufacturing delay also affect batteries? I've had my Mavic for over a week now, but no sign of the extra battery that I ordered.
2016-11-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 17:52
That sounds like an awesome trip. Still cross your fingers for a delivery.

I'm not terribly worried if it doesn't arrive, but I'm away that week so no one at home if it comes while I'm away, so not to sure what happens package if I'm not there.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans3521c905 Posted at 2016-11-4 01:54
Does the manufacturing delay also affect batteries? I've had my Mavic for over a week now, but no si ...

No it does not, the extras will come at a later date.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-4 02:00
I'm not terribly worried if it doesn't arrive, but I'm away that week so no one at home if it come ...

I think a signature is required, so if it doesn't get there before you leave you can leave a note saying to deliver it next door and they should be able to sign for it.
At least I can do that here when I'm not home and a signature is required.
2016-11-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 18:09
I think a signature is required, so if it doesn't get there before you leave you can leave a note  ...

I live out the country, usually ups delivers dji packages if I get word that it's ups I know the driver so I can just give him a call and he will redirect for me thanks for your help , waiting with excitement, whenever it arrives..
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-4 02:30
I live out the country, usually ups delivers dji packages if I get word that it's ups I know the d ...

Sounds good, you will not be disappointed.
2016-11-3
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94738 ft
Romania

Thomusvoo Posted at 2016-11-3 06:47
Look, read it. It was unexpected that they would sell this much.
It's easy for us to say, "hey, rev ...

I agree with you about manufacturing process but if they saw that in the first two days since the announcement their production is overwhelmed, why they still leave pre order without any announcement of what is going on? They've could just stopped pre orders or just say if you pre order now, because of bla...bla...bla issue we will unable to ship it before January or whatever month they think. In this way if you pre order and they take your money, at least you knew and couldn't blame them.... it's their fault and we have a saying "fault and stupidity always need to pay".
It's a hit of image and loss of trust not only from customers but from other companies like Apple, Amazon, etc...their big customers.... just my two cents.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

XoR Posted at 2016-11-4 03:22
I agree with you about manufacturing process but if they saw that in the first two days since the  ...

I appreciate the courtesy in your post. I am sorry DJI is not getting your Mavic to you when you expected it.
I can tell you that it truly is an amazing aircraft and when yours arrives, you will see what all the others are talking about.
2016-11-3
Use props
VBm644krNMeM
lvl.1

Switzerland

Thomusvoo Posted at 2016-11-3 05:47

You plan for and stock up 5k when you launch the product. When it's out there for sale, it's out there for delivery. Period.
It's like getting the product and then pay with your time, after months, because you have unforeseen expenses, right ? Ridiculous, sorry..
In fact, this could be subject to liability. Money taken, no product delivered and no certainty it will actually be delivered.. Consumer protection ?
Disappointed..
2016-11-3
Use props
VBm644krNMeM
lvl.1

Thomusvoo Posted at 2016-11-3 12:47

You plan for and stock up 5k when you launch the product. When it's out there for sale, it's out there for delivery. Period.
It's like getting the product and then pay with your time, after months, because you have unforeseen expenses, right ? Ridiculous, sorry..
In fact, this could be subject to liability. Money taken, no product delivered and no certainty it will actually be delivered.. Consumer protection ?
Disappointed..
2016-11-3
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Romania

Hi Ken, thanks, I work for a Chinese vendor this is why I said I know. Unfortunately I was forced to cancel my order with DJI and place it to Amazon UK. The reason behind my cancellation is lack of fair and constant official communication and I express this to DJI. Today Amazon announced that instead of 16th November dispatched they don't have any info now but, at least, they did not charged my card and sent info right away. I know for them is more easy because they can blame DJI but customer satisfaction is more important especially when you're facing issues. Again, this postpone I'm sure it's because of manufacturing malfunction and not necessary production issue. It's better to prevent than to treat.
I'm sure a lot of complaints about DJI customers service/delivery/etc. can be avoided if since beginning all the info was straight and transparent. It's not a shame that production is low, au contraire, the fact that production is less than demand means that DJI have a gold mine now which is true .
It's pity they hit it with such bad image of service and availability.
2016-11-3
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 19:42
I appreciate the courtesy in your post. I am sorry DJI is not getting your Mavic to you when you e ...

Whilst the announcement goes some small way to addressing the upset and anger that so many people feel towards DJI, it is still extremely galling that those of us who order within the first few days may still have to wait a further 7 or 8 weeks for delivery. This is assuming that DJI are telling us the truth this time....

When Adam Najberg first told us that Mavic production was in full swing on 18/10/16 he was not exactly telling us the truth was he?
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

XoR Posted at 2016-11-4 04:07
Hi Ken, thanks, I work for a Chinese vendor this is why I said I know. Unfortunately I was forced to ...

I totally understand what your saying.  And they did too as stated in the announcement.
As far as cancelling and ordering again, I really think you would have received your order from DJI first.
Thanks for posting in the way you did, I really appreciate it.
2016-11-3
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Romania

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-11-3 22:10
Whilst the announcement goes some small way to addressing the upset and anger that so many people  ...

I want to believe (hard for me though ) that they had full swing production but because component malfunction in one moment, they decreased production to output only good drones not faulty ones.
This maybe lead not to tel the truth which doesn't mean they lied just not telling the truth.
Also, their actions until now does not absolve them, and in my opinion, they wrongly managed this outcome. Better be fair and transparent and I'm sure a lot of people that now are angry could understand them.
2016-11-3
Use props
copilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 17:34
Everyone has been asking for an update, one has been given on the Newsroom page and I'm letting us ...

Thanks ;-) doing a good job ken ;-) cant wait to get mine
2016-11-3
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Romania

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 22:12
I totally understand what your saying.  And they did too as stated in the announcement.
As far as  ...

I hope that Amazon, as they have more suppliers all over the world, can deliver faster than DJI at this moment.
To wait another 7-8 weeks which translates to a "probably January 2017" and to have my money blocked for such a long time with no possibility to use them for Christmas presents was not an option. I'm sure a lot of other people placed pre orders for Christmas gift or other anniversary.
Personally I placed the order on 21st of Octomber (very late) and it was my fault that I didn't checked first the forums but on store it said in November and I was happy that on 25th of November I could offer it as gift to my kids and to myself . My kids are asking when the drone will arrive and I can't tell them that Santa will not bring it...I can't destroy yet their happiness...
Believe me, I switched to Mavic from Karma (I have a Hero 4 black) in a second after some friend (DJI disti) told me about it (before I was just only dreaming about an Inspire but too expensive for my budget).I'm still with Mavic in my mind but, probably I will look soon for other similar options (just not Karma).
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-11-4 04:10
Whilst the announcement goes some small way to addressing the upset and anger that so many people  ...

Not at all, orders up to Nov 3rd should be completed in 7-8 weeks. So that means if you ordered today it may take 8 weeks. If you ordered weeks age then you should receive it a lot sooner.
2016-11-3
Use props
Paul's
lvl.1

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-11-3 21:10

Of course he wasn't telling the truth (or all of it)..
While his September and October salaries have already been paid by those who ordered with DJI and got nothing but a fat 2 months waiting extension.
Very disappointing purchasing experience... Big flop. To bad, given the nice products DJI creates.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

copilot Posted at 2016-11-4 04:25
Thanks ;-) doing a good job ken ;-) cant wait to get mine

Your so very welcome, and I can't wait for you to get it either?
2016-11-3
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Romania

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 22:28
Not at all, orders up to Nov 3rd should be completed in 7-8 weeks. So that means if you ordered to ...

21st October translates after Christmas now so I think Amazon can deliver, at last, in the beginning of December so few weeks early. Somebody said they have the stock pile for Europe in Luxemburg already but probably because of faulty component DJI is looking to see if there are faulty items in that stock so this is why Amazon pushed delivery back...just an ideea.
I'm sure Amazon is a big customer for DJI with a serious contract so they will get some stock for Christmas else I don't want to think what penalties can bring the delay because this affects their image in front of their customer (what Amazon? you're so big and yet you're unable to keep your promise? what is you position about this? you like loosing money from a product that is a milk cow?). It will boomerang to DJI for sure and it's not only Amazon, it's Best Buy, Apple and others...
2016-11-3
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Romania

I was an Amazon supplier few years back and I know what penalty they have if you don't deliver as promised....they don't care if the product is EOL or hard to find, a promise is a promise but if you announce them in advance about the issue they can accept a similar product instead or take out that product (of course here is not the case as DJI doesen't have a Mavic replacement....yet commercially available ). Anyway, I hope this situation to be a lesson for DJI and for the future products to avoid it and learn from it.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

XoR Posted at 2016-11-4 04:26
I hope that Amazon, as they have more suppliers all over the world, can deliver faster than DJI at  ...

I understand what your saying, and I'm sorry you had to cancel.
If you were one of the early pre-orders I think you would have had your Mavic well before Christmas.
There's always the P4 if you do not want to wait.
2016-11-3
Use props
Paul's
lvl.1

chasiu75 Posted at 2016-11-3 15:14
We really need a update for retailers too.  Many ordered from other sources because the DJI store wa ...

It's quite sad some are "begging" for a product they paid for and that was supposed to be in their hands by now.
And this costs the equivalent of a French entry-level monthly income. It's not anodyne.. Sad ...
2016-11-3
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Romania

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 22:42
I understand what your saying, and I'm sorry you had to cancel.
If you were one of the early pre-o ...

P4 is not for me....I'm a drone noob who will use Mavic for family vacations primary. So, I need all Mavic features in place until I'll know how to use it properly. Also, my kids will use it (under my supervision of course) and again only with all automation features enabled untill they get used with it. Some of you might say you need to start with a cheaper drone but in my opinion Mavic is a good entry to mid-advanced users drone.
I'm now developing my drone hobby jumping from RC boats that I build myself entirely so I have some basic rules especially with LiPo and long range RC.
Also my order was for Mavic Fly More Combo not for Mavic Pro so an even longer delay probably.
2016-11-3
Use props
Paul's
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 22:42
I do think they are shipping first come first served in some sort of fashion. So if you ordered a  ...

I'd priviledge those who ordered the Fly more Combos amongst the first customers. Or more than 1 device.
Universal rule - you pay more, you get better/quicker service (I did not invent this rule it's already out there).
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

XoR Posted at 2016-11-4 04:48
P4 is not for me....I'm a drone noob  who will use Mavic for family vacations primary. So, I need ...

Since you are new to drones, while you are waiting I would purchase a inexpensive Syma and learn on that.
Also, in the Academy section of the GO app there is the full PDF manual (65 pages) and I would read it cover to cover at least a few times. Also in that section are a bunch of tutorial videos that are very helpful.
And lastly, here's a link to the DJI Support YouTube channel and there's lots of tutorial videos there, not necessarily the Mavic but videos that will really help you out.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0sMNc2SGnM-wD3ZGYj3MAQ
2016-11-3
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Romania

Thank you Ken for sources, I already subscribed to youtube channel and I already have a directory on my PC with all pdf from DJI and a lot of other bookmarks for Mavic and drones in general.
PDF are already read once and when the drone will arrive, before any flight I will read it again and take it slow with each command. That is why I said Mavic is for me as automation can help me to better understand a drone physics... from operation point of view, to a certain point, it's similar with my RC boats (I have build and operate catamaran speed boats >65km/h on water and now I'm playing with a custom build trimaran). Maybe I will combine water and air when outside .
2016-11-3
Use props
Paul's
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-4 03:42
I appreciate the courtesy in your post. I am sorry DJI is not getting your Mavic to you when you e ...

Hoping it won't come with factory defects , that would be the cherry on top of the cake...
I've seen topics about such cases.
2016-11-3
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Romania

The only downside for me is that in my country there are no insurance companies that offer drone insurance (except for commercial use)... an insurance + a DJI Refresh is a good way to start with drones .
Does anybody know if there are insurance companies that offers drone insurance that covers EU?
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Paul's Posted at 2016-11-4 05:12
Hoping it won't come with factory defects , that would be the cherry on top of the cake...
I've se ...

There are a few cases, but it has a full warranty so you are fine.
2016-11-3
Use props
contact_ng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23960 ft
Canada

I placed my order on 02nd Oct but as there was no sort of confirmation on dates and due to paypal issues my payment got delayed till 17th Oct, till I made payment in full on 17th Oct, there was no confirmation on when shipping will start, my account was debited in full. Now they started shipping on 21st Oct, when I requested Customer rep to update on status, I get response that my order date now be considered the payment date but point is till they start shipping they ideally can't debit, so they should fulfill orders when placed and paid in full at the time they started dispatch, but that's not the case. I have to leave country now and not sure if I get it by 10 Nov. We cannot call someone as on call support is only for after sales and not pre sales.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

XoR Posted at 2016-11-4 05:08
Thank you Ken for sources, I already subscribed to youtube channel and I already have a directory on ...

That's terrific, I'm really glad you are studying up on how the Mavic operates. It will really help you when you fly it.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

contact_ng Posted at 2016-11-4 05:25
I placed my order on 02nd Oct but as there was no sort of confirmation on dates and due to paypal is ...

You would have to email onlinesales@dji.com for more info.
I'm sorry I cannot offer more assistance than that.
2016-11-3
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28750 ft
  • >>>

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-4 05:51
That's terrific, I'm really glad you are studying up on how the Mavic operates. It will really hel ...

DJI Ken, hope all is good with you. Do you by any chance happen to know if the Mavic is compatible with Pix4D mapper?
2016-11-3
Use props
IjoysnyV0Fe8
lvl.1

United States

Thomusvoo Posted at 2016-11-2 21:26
awesome. Now, if everybody can stop complaining, leave DJI alone and just wait, that'd be great. Get ...

If you're so tired of reading the complaints, what are you doing here?  Did you expect this thread to be full of hugs, rainbows, and unicorn farts?

Get real dude.  

DJI just told us another 7-8 weeks, but they took our money a month ago.  They've already changed their story once from the initial announcement that they are shipping drones.  How do you know this "update" isn't just more corporate BS trying to keep their customers in the dark so we don't cancel our orders?
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

MuzzaPuppa Posted at 2016-11-4 07:32
DJI Ken, hope all is good with you. Do you by any chance happen to know if the Mavic is compatible ...

SDK will be available, that's all I know.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

IjoysnyV0Fe8 Posted at 2016-11-4 07:55
If you're so tired of reading the complaints, what are you doing here?  Did you expect this thread ...

I understand you are upset that you don't have your Mavic yet. But I stated from the beginning that I don't want this thread full of negativity. The new announcement was made and I think it was a great message, if yuo don't then go post in another thread.
I'm sorry but I want MY thread to be positive.
2016-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules