Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Shipping Update (02/17/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dbgrn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 661791 ft
United Kingdom

It's reassuring to see a number of shipments to the UK now starting to happen (and about time too!). I didn't order my Mavic until 8 Nov (with Amazon UK), so I don't expect to see mine before Christmas anyway, but I'm now starting to think it might at least arrive in time for my birthday in Feb! I even placed an order with Apple UK on 23 Nov too - I wonder which will arrive first...
2016-12-8
Use props
dbgrn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 661791 ft
United Kingdom

I'm curious... for those of you that are in the UK and have received your tracking info in the last couple of days, did the shipment to you start in the UK or China?

I saw another post where the shipment seemed to originate in the UK, and I'm wondering whether we've been waiting for a bulk shipment to arrive in the UK from China before the UK orders started shipping out individually.
2016-12-8
Use props
Buizerd

Netherlands

There's a good chance that half or more of all orders in queue were placed as early as october. It's these early orders that suffer most from delays. With production in full swing and orders being cancelled, I don't expect any late nov/early dec or new orders to be delayed by more than a couple of weeks. It's much like a traffic jam: an accident happened and the road was blocked. Those who ran into the jam first had to wait for the road to get cleared. Now that the road is clear, the jam is rapidly resolving. Some people took a detour, some turned around, others just lined up but shouldn't expect to wait nearly as long to pass through.

Of course, all of this is just pure optimistic speculation on my part. :3
2016-12-8
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Fortmac2 Posted at 2016-12-7 02:07
I don't think you can purchase a Karma. They've been dropping out of the sky.

GoPro has put out recall for all Karma quads.

Yep - what I'm saying though is if it were available, I would jump ship to it.

2016-12-8
Use props
Madman
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-8 13:52
I'm sorry as I cannot get any shipping information for you.

HI ken, could you tell me why is that? So U could check US shipment but not Australia? Then  who am I should speaking with? Online chat system are jokes, they couldn't speak proper English, and email never get back to me.
2016-12-8
Use props
deedjeeeye
lvl.1

Netherlands

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-12-8 08:09
I believe the release date for the Mavic Pro was the 15th October. DJI are behind on dispatch time but only by 1-2 months due to being overloaded with orders. Things should pick up as we pass Xmas and the New Year.

Only? 1 or 2 months. You don't own a kalender? Its 2 months next week and should it pick up pass Xmass and New Year it wil be 3 months or more and that is after te first notice. When did you order it that your still so relaxed about it? The 6 to 8 weeks was a promise after they f*cked up the first time.
2016-12-8
Use props
nodroneforme
New

United States

MegaTom Posted at 2016-12-8 12:30
You know you get a free hero5 black for returning the karma right?

Yes. I was told they will ship the free Hero5 Black middle of December.
2016-12-8
Use props
deedjeeeye
lvl.1

Netherlands

Yes yes yes!!!! My refund came thru!!! No more drama and never ever directly from DJI again.
2016-12-8
Use props
mejia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36198 ft
United States

jakacspear Posted at 2016-12-7 18:30
Just spoke to a terrible terrible chat rep on the online chat (Brendon).

His words exactly, "For the 4th time I will copy and paste my answer"

At least you know they can't help, im sure they dont like being put in that situation either
2016-12-8
Use props
fans1066d7bb
United States

Can I get an amen! Ordered a Mavic Pro on 10/13 on DJI website via PayPal in the USA. Just got an email that it is shipping this morning.
2016-12-8
Use props
START
lvl.1

United Kingdom

mejia Posted at 2016-12-8 12:31
At least you know they can't help, im sure they dont like being put in that situation either

i disagree, if you had every single customer service rep complain about how every single customer is angry because they dont have an update, something would change.

They are willing to sit there to say they dont have any update because they dont care.
2016-12-8
Use props
fansdf748f70
lvl.1

Malta

scilia Posted at 2016-12-8 10:08
Aw man , After 1 week in the UK the DHL flight just landed in Malta with my Mavic. There is hope. I could actually see the plane land from my house now lets see how long the DHL idiots take to deliver it here.

Steve

mela liktar they do like they always do me since I'm from valletta they always make me go to luqa with a false delivery pretension I hope you get to enjoy it buddy asap nifmek I'm in same waters at the moment
2016-12-8
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

START Posted at 2016-12-8 08:57
To be fair you are all in a better position having ordered direct with DJI, I ordered with Amazon because i knew DJI's reputation so didnt want to go direct. Amazon have no idea as to when they will receive their orders.

I dont know whether it was a good idea or bad idea not to order direct Oct 15th :/

I'm the same. I ordered via a local dealer on 29th September. The distributor has yet to receive ANY of their order of 400 units. Guess I could be waiting for a while, very close to requesting refund since there will probably be an updated drone around the corner by the time I receive mine!
2016-12-8
Use props
BluePowerMF
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3576476 ft
Australia

Looks like there is finally a few drones on the way to Australia!! Fly Less combo ordered 10-10-16 just changed to shipped today, got DHL tracking about 6 hrs later. I've been wanting a drone for the past 6 years so waiting two months longer for a pre-order wasn't too bad I guess. Can't wait to fly it
2016-12-8
Use props
Vl KV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 687362 ft
Russia

Order on 10/13 mavic + bat just got shipped message. US dji store
2016-12-8
Use props
Vl KV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 687362 ft
Russia

And i hope its working one without jelley effect
2016-12-8
Use props
START
lvl.1

United Kingdom

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-8 13:00
I'm the same. I ordered via a local dealer on 29th September. The distributor has yet to receive ANY of their order of 400 units. Guess I could be waiting for a while, very close to requesting refund since there will probably be an updated drone around the corner by the time I receive mine!

did you order direct with DJI?

The only reason why ild advise people not to cancel is at this stage of the game you have already made it 2 months without your 1k, at worst if you do receive it you will be able to sell it on for a profit to atleast alleviate your pain.

2016-12-8
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28750 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

staffsarge Posted at 2016-12-8 11:47
Yep - what I'm saying though is if it were available, I would jump ship to it.

Why???its a vastly inferior drone
2016-12-8
Use props
JDG
lvl.1

Jamaica

What's up with DJI Support Chat?  (or what am I doing wrong?)

I am trying to track down my Mavic shipment.  DJI telephone support refers me to chat or email.  

Email returns a message that basically says "we are busy and it will be a while"

And when I try to use chat (on two computers and a phone) I get an message in chinese, and a window with a couple of flashing conversation bubbles.  That's it.

Has anyone else seen and solved this problem??

2016-12-8
Use props
ukfan84
lvl.1
United States

Mine shipped out over night.

Order Time:         2016-10-12 14:04:41 (UTC)

I just ordered the Mavic and a few extra batteries. I did send an email last week and checked the rating box to dissatisfied when they replied back a few days later with the Nov. 3rd release. Shipping status was changed the following day. I'm sure it was a coincidence though...
2016-12-8
Use props
START
lvl.1

United Kingdom

JDG Posted at 2016-12-8 14:27
What's up with DJI Support Chat?  (or what am I doing wrong?)

I am trying to track down my Mavic shipment.  DJI telephone support refers me to chat or email.  

you must be new here..... DJI chat doesnt work even if you are supposedly talking to someone. They dont have information on your order and cant give you a timeframe.

Calling is the same result.

If you dont want to read all 2000 posts the gist of it is DJI expects you to wait or to cancel your order and theres nothing else you can do.
2016-12-8
Use props
SteinkeTriscuit
lvl.1

United States

My shipping status changed from PENDING to FEDEX. What time frame should I receive my Mavic regarding prior shipments? Ordered 10-17
2016-12-8
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.3
United Kingdom

MuzzaPuppa Posted at 2016-12-8 13:58
Why???its a vastly inferior drone

Because 1)  It's how I would register my discontent with DJI's customer service practices and 2)  while you're quite right, at this stage - I don't care.
2016-12-8
Use props
Incredible Aeri
lvl.1

United States

SteinkeTriscuit Posted at 2016-12-8 08:48
My shipping status changed from PENDING to FEDEX. What time frame should I receive my Mavic regarding prior shipments? Ordered 10-17

Depending where you are located, I received mine in about 3 days from new notification to California.
2016-12-8
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

START Posted at 2016-12-8 13:55
did you order direct with DJI?

The only reason why ild advise people not to cancel is at this stage of the game you have already made it 2 months without your 1k, at worst if you do receive it you will be able to sell it on for a profit to atleast alleviate your pain.

via local dealer. The whole experience has really put me off buying DJI. As much as I'd like a portable drone, im on the edge right now. There doesn't appear to be many, if ANY units going to UK/Ireland distributors
2016-12-8
Use props
mejia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36198 ft
United States

START Posted at 2016-12-8 07:54
i disagree, if you had every single customer service rep complain about how every single customer is angry because they dont have an update, something would change.

They are willing to sit there to say they dont have any update because they dont care.

hmm that's actually a very good point, i just feel like for them its a "shut up and color" sorta situation.
2016-12-8
Use props
Nole4life80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 298737 ft
United States

START Posted at 2016-12-8 22:38
you must be new here..... DJI chat doesnt work even if you are supposedly talking to someone. They dont have information on your order and cant give you a timeframe.

Calling is the same result.

You can't chat with anyone other than tech support till after 9am PST
2016-12-8
Use props
btg321
New

United States

TB20Flyer Posted at 2016-12-7 23:46
I call BS on this.  I just placed an order through Apple a few hours before you did and I don't have shipping confirmation (and I have a lot more faith in Apple shipping in sequential order as opposed to DJI).  Also, the "business account" discount at Apple is very small and considering Apple charges tax (and DJI direct doesn't), there is no way you saved an "a$$ load".

lolololol I am not asking you to believe me... But whatever there brother! If you order a lot through them you get better deals on things but yea, I forgot you know exactly my situation and also have my tracking number I received. But yes, continue to cry harder and be upset that my stuff shipped and yours didn't.
2016-12-8
Use props
DGHockeytown
lvl.1

United States

MKR Posted at 2016-12-7 15:24
After some prodding with support for that past few days, I finally got a tracking number last night. Ordered on Sept 29th.  About time!

I'm very happy for you!!  

I REALLY want my Mavic, but I ordered late in October.........and as much as I'd like to see my status change due to some random (shipping) stroke of fate, I have a real conflict of conscience knowing all of you that ordered nearly a MONTH before I new the Mavic existed not having yours yet.

I'm glad to see the September orders getting addresses......though I'm sure there are several more still waiting for "PRE ORDERS" to get shipped.

BTW DJI.....the Definition of "PRE ORDER" is "Before you can get it in stores".  The fact that ANYONE has walked into an Apple Store and purchased one off the shelf is bad for your passionate customers.....AND for your own profits!  

No doubt they are losing around $300 per Mavic due to Retail "Markup" when they sell DIRECT for the same price.

DJI is shooting themselves in the foot X 2 by making the early "INVESTORS" mad and throwing away 10's of Thousands in revenue.

Thanks,
Darin
2016-12-8
Use props
DGHockeytown
lvl.1

United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-7 15:43
that is very odd really oh by the way I order the bag and an extra pair of prop and it is on its way, this time DJI really went all out because I order a battery on apple website and I am getting it on this week, I order 5 props in apple also too got them already. The bag with the extra prop from DJI website is already shipped and coming next week. Its funny how apple has stock for battery and props and they ship on the spot.

I walked into an Apple store last week and as soon as I hit the door, I could see NOT 1, but 2 MAVIC boxes on the shelf!!!

As I nearly trampled everyone at the Genius Bar to reach for the box...........I picked it up...........and............IT WAS EMPTY!!!   Just a display box!  DARN!!

I was actually playing it in my head how I was going to explain to my wife why I bought BOTH......but DENIED!  

The moral........They DID have about 10 Intelligent Flight Packs and few packs of Mavic Blades that WERE in their boxes.

I nearly bought one of each just so I could have at least PART of my Mavic!  ;)

Good luck!
Darin
2016-12-8
Use props
SteinkeTriscuit
lvl.1

United States

Incredible Aeri Posted at 2016-12-8 22:53
Depending where you are located, I received mine in about 3 days from new notification to California.

I am in Florida. I do not have a tracking number, just a change from PENDING to FEDEX when I look up my tracking info on DJI website. If it is 3 days, I am stoked. Hope everyone else gets theirs in a timely manner. This whole ordeal has been a mindf**k
2016-12-8
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.3
United Kingdom

START Posted at 2016-12-7 16:03
anyone from the UK got any order shipping confirmations? Would be nice to see us getting some attention from DJI

I ordered from Drones Direct.  I've got nothing yet.  Ordered 30th October, initial delivery date of 21st November - now pushed to 16th December.  So getting close.  Will update here and on all the relevant google sheets once I get it.

2016-12-8
Use props
SteinkeTriscuit
lvl.1

United States

I dont understand, if you ordered from a third party (Drones Direct, Amazon, Apple) why are people getting upset they dont have their drones yet? Its the third parties forum you should be attacking. For me, just getting the shipping notice, they will hit just at 8 weeks, in which they stated on their 11-3 update. But it aint here yet, so I have to wait and see.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

scilia Posted at 2016-12-8 01:35
Thanks, Since my last message The Mavic left the UK, went to Belgium passed through Marseilles and should be landing here in the next 30min. I expect delivery by tomorrow as today is a public holiday here in Malta, but I better not count my chickens before they hatch as DHL service on this tiny island is crappier than crap.

Regards

Sounds good, when you receive it make sure you are already familiar with all the features, functions, and limitations.
Hope it gets to you tomorrow so you have all weekend to play
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Madman Posted at 2016-12-8 04:49
HI ken, could you tell me why is that? So U could check US shipment but not Australia? Then  who am I should speaking with? Online chat system are jokes, they couldn't speak proper English, and email never get back to me.

I only have contacts with online chat, so I am sending the same messages as you.
If they do not have any kind of update for you, then I would have the same info.
2016-12-8
Use props
UncleDana
New

United States

Hey all. Posting my experience here.

I didn't preorder anything. After seeing everyone's inability to get one with a preorder, I figured that I would just wait and get one once inventory had been stocked regularly.

I later decided I wanted one for my winter vacations and finally found a DJI authorized dealer near me that helped.

I put in a request and on 11/29 he said he would have one coming soon. I picked it up yesterday.

I paid more for just the Mavic but I was willing to pay the premium for the convenience.  

He said he'd be getting a few more in soon and would prefer to sell to more local people but would be willing to ship.

Feel free to let me know if you want his contact info!
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

UncleDana Posted at 2016-12-8 08:49
Hey all. Posting my experience here.

I didn't preorder anything. After seeing everyone's inability to get one with a preorder, I figured that I would just wait and get one once inventory had been stocked regularly.

I would like to know this authorized dealer who is selling them at a premium.
2016-12-8
Use props
DGHockeytown
lvl.1

United States

Buizerd Posted at 2016-12-8 04:03
I can just imagine DJI having this massive lottery ball machine. Every time a new order comes in, they write the order number on a pingpong ball and drop it into the machine.

Then, when a new Mavic comes off the factory line, they give the machine a swing. A random pingpong ball pops out and the order number is processed - unless it's not an apple order. In that case a coin is flipped and if tails, it will be put right back into the machine. Obviously an Apple rep. in a clown costume is present at all times to keep a close eye on the proceedings.

I, too, have spent my countless minutes NOT FLYING.....but instead imagining what the Production Line looks like..........

I envision a single individual, sitting at a bench........with a single soldering iron......banging out 1 Mavic per hour............and then sliding it down the line, presumable to your "Lottery Ball" shipping station..............

Yah.........That's what I think about while I'm not flying...................

Darin
2016-12-8
Use props
START
lvl.1

United Kingdom

mejia Posted at 2016-12-8 15:01
hmm that's actually a very good point, i just feel like for them its a "shut up and color" sorta situation.

It definitely is just look at how DJI gave an announcement of getting orders out and then proceeded to showcase 2 new products shortly afterwards.

Whats happened since they have missed that announcement? Nothing.

They just felt obligated to reply as they had taken peoples money and not even shipped a single unit. Now that they are trickling them out, they havent said anything.
2016-12-8
Use props
START
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Nole4life80 Posted at 2016-12-8 15:05
You can't chat with anyone other than tech support till after 9am PST

to be honest it doesnt matter what time they become "available" theres not a single person that has any info on orders because they arent shipping them according to dates!

The best tracking process has come from customers banding together to make a list of orders and dates, its not accurate but it highlighted the truth of how bad DJI were with shipping.
2016-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules