Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Woodwanger Posted at 2016-12-8 13:47
Yes Ken you are absolutely right you are not paid to talk about shipping info you can as an employee do what your told and pass on what they want tell you , I run my own business in construction and I also know it's the same in every business that If you want answers you go the the organ grinder not the monkey!
And it is far better you stick to giving people technical help than wasting your time on something you know nothing about no more than I would letting one of my labours do my accounts
Keep up the good work Ken and I hope DJI appreciate your services as much as we do :-)

Thanks, I appreciate that.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

halfcab1981 Posted at 2016-12-8 14:02
I am referencing the fact that my reseller also pre-purchased the Mavics and they are only receiving 3 or 4 a week despite having over 400 preorders! Why does Apple and the US market get such a massive priority. It simply isn't fair that because I chose a reseller (in fact the biggest reseller of DJI products in Australia for many years) that I am now over 8 weeks of waiting and still a good 60 odd orders off getting my Mavic. The fact is, DJI has seriously messed up the PRIORITISATION of orders, a totally different issue to the slow ramp up in production. They have alienated massive segments of their existing customer base.

You are not over 8 weeks of waiting, the shipping was to start Oct 15th but started a week after that.
So the last week of December would actually be 8 weeks.
2016-12-8
Use props
Fortmac2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United States

fans2ae60029 Posted at 2016-12-8 14:02
Mine arrived a day early.  You will not be disappointed!

FEDEX Tracking says mine is on the vehicle for delivery today. Hope it gets delivered before sunset because I'm anxious to set it up and fly this afternoon or early evening.

Package was delivered 2PM PST....one day early...

Gotta update everything including firmware.....will fly this weekend....gonna study the tutorials gefore I send the Mavic go the skies.
2016-12-8
Use props
Dasm6tPRI5iL
lvl.2

Australia

So here's a couple of fun stats for any of you still waiting on early October orders (Oct 3 here) with no updates, by the end of this week it will be:

10 weeks since order
8 weeks since official release
7 weeks since shipping 'began'
2.5 weeks remaining to clear ALL orders placed before Nov 3
2016-12-8
Use props
deedjeeeye
lvl.2

Netherlands

Shadowspawne Posted at 2016-12-8 18:26
DJI is the worst company ever! DJI is the essence of all that is wrong with the drone market! DJI is also responsible for global warming, earthquakes, and the spread of the Zika virus! OMG, people get a F***ING life! You ordered a product, there were problems with production, logistics, demand on a global scale, etc.... Get over it!!! I ordered mine the end of November, even after reading all of the Bulls**t posted about DJI this and DJI that, and was told it would be an extended wait tile of 6-8 weeks. And what did I do, ordered anyway. And why? Because I want the best drone on the market! And what will I do? Sit patiently (well not so much so) and wait for my Mavic Bundle to get to me. If you do not like how you are being treated with your order, guess what, we live in a free country (most of us posting on here anyway). Just cancel your order and go by a parrot, bebop or whatever the hell they are called, and have a field day with it. Stop the crying, bitching and moaning about the not yet received drone. Yes, customer service could be better, and wait times could be better, and chat service could be better. But they are swamped by calls, chats, questions from all over the world. So calm down, take that little yellow pill, sit back and relax till your order finds you. Peace Out! (or was that piss off?) I forget.
P.S.- My hat is off to you DJI Ken. You are doing an incredible job on these forums!!

Ohhh that's sweet he's in love with Ken. Wish you all the best for your future. Nice to read some nice vibes for a change. Go for it Tiger!
2016-12-8
Use props
TpA7noVYAHJ0
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-8 19:15
Everyone who has ordered has seen that orders are taking a while (6-8 weeks)
So why would there be a reason for a shipping forum. You order, then wait 8 weeks and then start asking questions.
If your order is over 8 weeks late, then let me know and I'll send a message inquiring about it.

Hi DJI-Ken,

My order is over 8 weeks old (October 7th), can you please try to get more info?
This is the order number: 034111694412
2016-12-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

dbgrn Posted at 2016-12-8 12:53
Regarding the gimbal shake, have you checked the gimbal mounts relative to the anti-drop hooks?
https://youtu.be/hnXekYjEJA8

Thank you for sharing and yes, I have inspected the gimbal for the proper mounting.  Everything is looking prefect

See photos below:

Rich

IMG_8121.JPG IMG_8122.JPG
2016-12-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-8 14:14
I think it may be wind bursts, but if it still persists then you may want to think about sending it in

Ken

Yes, this would be the thing to do if I keep getting the error message. I managed to get out today for a 13 min flight to test out the new FW.... I will check my video footage. I did not see the message this time but the camera is not smooth. They need to fix the camera speed controls after the update. After they moved the gimbal adjustment location I need to slow down the action to about 10-14%... not much fine tuning left.
I will keep my eye on this and let you know. I am not worried yet

Is the camera/ gimbal  warranty one year or 6 months?

Rich
2016-12-8
Use props
halfcab1981
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2657 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 06:27
You are not over 8 weeks of waiting, the shipping was to start Oct 15th but started a week after that.

I accept that but it still doesn't explain why many people who have ordered well and truly after my retailer and others in Australia are having their mavics shipped already.

Also, are you saying that with about 3 weeks left in December the shipping quantities to my retailer are going to suddenly increase in the next weeks so that all the people who had pre-ordered before the mavics started shipping on October 15 get it by the end of December?
2016-12-8
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-9 09:09
Ken

Yes, this would be the thing to do if I keep getting the error message. I managed to get out today for a 13 min flight to test out the new FW.... I will check my video footage. I did not see the message this time but the camera is not smooth. They need to fix the camera speed controls after the update. After they moved the gimbal adjustment location I need to slow down the action to about 10-14%... not much fine tuning left.

A firmware update resets all of the settings to default value. You need to make note of what they were before the upgrade if you want to start with the same values after the update.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

TpA7noVYAHJ0 Posted at 2016-12-9 07:53
Hi DJI-Ken,

My order is over 8 weeks old (October 7th), can you please try to get more info?

Use the chat feature right now as it will connect you to headquarters and they will have more info if there is any
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-9 09:09
Ken

Let's what other users say and I can send a request.
Also, from the Me page, you can click more and send you own feedback.

Yes, the camera warranty is 6 months.
http://www.dji.com/service/policy
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 8.57.53 AM.png
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

halfcab1981 Posted at 2016-12-9 09:33
I accept that but it still doesn't explain why many people who have ordered well and truly after my retailer and others in Australia are having their mavics shipped already.

Also, are you saying that with about 3 weeks left in December the shipping quantities to my retailer are going to suddenly increase in the next weeks so that all the people who had pre-ordered before the mavics started shipping on October 15 get it by the end of December?

Let's see what happens, I hope that's how it goes.
2016-12-8
Use props
fans231cf598
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-7 21:59
Not to worry, when you receive the Mavic contact  and they will take care of it for you and the the 12 months will start then.

My shipping company changed to FedEx 1 week ago but my order is still pending, when will it ship? I got happy it said FedEx for a second
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans231cf598 Posted at 2016-12-9 10:45
My shipping company changed to FedEx 1 week ago but my order is still pending, when will it ship? I got happy it said FedEx for a second

I'm sorry about that, until it says shipped it's still pending and there is no update.
2016-12-8
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-8 16:02
Thank you for sharing and yes, I have inspected the gimbal for the proper mounting.  Everything is looking prefect

See photos below:

Try checking the cables that go inside the gimbal, I saw a youtube video where it touched the gimbal and caused the same symptom as you, push em back with a flat tooth pick or chop stick
2016-12-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-8 17:33
A firmware update resets all of the settings to default value. You need to make note of what they were before the upgrade if you want to start with the same values after the update.

HS
Yes, thanks for your post and I am aware of this situation after the FW and do not take any settings for granted. I would normally recalibrate the IMU and compass too but, in this case I have not reset the IMU. Not all the settings reset and seem to be randomly affected.  
I have noticed the camera gimbal controls have been affected on other aircraft also (Inspire 1, P3P, P4) this has been reported to DJI on the beta channel. Now the Mavic has suffered this same fate.

Rich
2016-12-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Whoreable Posted at 2016-12-8 19:51
Try checking the cables that go inside the gimbal, I saw a youtube video where it touched the gimbal and caused the same symptom as you, push em back with a flat tooth pick or chop stick

That's a good suggestion and I will look at the cables again. Maybe you can copy the youtube link here so others can see it too.

At first glance I did not see anything, as these tiny wires are on the supporting arm of the gimbal assembly..

Best regards
Rich
2016-12-8
Use props
F0pGbCm8btBR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 435781 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 02:15
Everyone who has ordered has seen that orders are taking a while (6-8 weeks)
So why would there be a reason for a shipping forum. You order, then wait 8 weeks and then start asking questions.
If your order is over 8 weeks late, then let me know and I'll send a message inquiring about it.

Mines been waiting over 8 weeks since "Order Time:        2016-09-30 17:48:23 (UTC)"

That's 70 days!  I called service, never a reply.  I went to a store, not help.  I have email support, numerous times - never a reply.
2016-12-8
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

DGHockeytown Posted at 2016-12-8 23:22
I walked into an Apple store last week and as soon as I hit the door, I could see NOT 1, but 2 MAVIC boxes on the shelf!!!

As I nearly trampled everyone at the Genius Bar to reach for the box...........I picked it up...........and............IT WAS EMPTY!!!   Just a display box!  DARN!!

yeah I went to the apple store here in Spain they have batteries and blades, no cable no cable for the RC controller the one that comes with drone, but I am guessing that this has been a massive, but massive amount of orders, and DJI manufacturing cannot keep up with the demand, you have to realize this drone is really small I mean I carry it inside my back pack and hike up the mountain and forget that I have the drone in my back pack. Plus its easy to pull out and in just less than 2 min your done, unless you have to calibrate the compass and all. I think really wish all you guys could get yours before christmas those who order in november october and sept. Because its worth the wait. I also did hassle them a lot on their chat and emails saying what is up with these delivery being some that place orders after my date and I think they listen and push my order to leave their warehouse, also I think they do allocation continental shipment.
2016-12-9
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

Dasm6tPRI5iL Posted at 2016-12-9 06:50
So here's a couple of fun stats for any of you still waiting on early October orders (Oct 3 here) with no updates, by the end of this week it will be:

10 weeks since order

I order mine on Oct 1st and received it nov 17 and I did hassle them in the chats about people who place orders after mine and show them screen shots of the those who had their shipped.. I also email them the screen shots and I got mine on nov 17, I am sorry that you have not received it, I will hang on to the pre order because its worth the wait my friend.
2016-12-9
Use props
Coldbeer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207749 ft
United Kingdom

Coldbeer Posted at 2016-12-8 10:29
UK order direct with DJI for a Combo placed 02/10 - shipped earlier today, no tracking info yet

Email confirmation and tracking number arrived this a.m. Shipment originated in China via DHL, estimated delivery Wednesday 14th.

It certainly looks like a bunch of orders have been shipped to the UK, which is good, but I think the promise to ship on a first come first served basis went out the window when the sh1t hit the fan! Hey ho
2016-12-9
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

deedjeeeye Posted at 2016-12-9 08:53
Look how is a big boy now!!! Good to see that your so calm about it hahahahahaha. Leave DJI alone, please leave DJI alone.

you( deedjeeeye) are just boring others with your stupid comments! you didn't receive yours and u bought in a shop.. now would you like to stop this adding hate to this discussion? thank you
2016-12-9
Use props
ROZY
lvl.1

Canada

Just got my "shipped email" about an hour ago.
Tracking number with DHL.
Says it will arrive Monday by the end of the day.
Monday will be 8 weeks.
Fingers crossed it arrives when it is supposed to.
2016-12-9
Use props
START
lvl.2

United Kingdom

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-12-9 10:27
Well can you 2 morons tell us the exact number of "high" is that 10000 orders or 100000 orders or 200000 ? Derp

lol as if DJI would have records of what orders they ship... they cant even ship an order in order *sigh*.

2016-12-9
Use props
deedjeeeye
lvl.2

Netherlands

Bucefalo Posted at 2016-12-9 11:26
you( deedjeeeye) are just boring others with your stupid comments! you didn't receive yours and u bought in a shop.. now would you like to stop this adding hate to this discussion? thank you

Nothing but love for all you guys.
2016-12-9
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-12-9 10:27
Well can you 2 morons tell us the exact number of "high" is that 10000 orders or 100000 orders or 200000 ? Derp

I know you are from down under but are you really that thick?
2016-12-9
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

DJI are a multi-billion company and they don't even have the ability to ship out orders of the Mavic Pro in an efficient manner. Take a multi-billion company like Apple for example, with their iPhone 7 product. People pre-ordered that mobile only days in advance and every consumer received their smartphones on day one. That's how it's done. One simply cannot defend DJI with this current disastrous situation they have going on here. They have plenty of money to put measures into place so that they're able to ship these Mavic Pro's to customers on-time.
2016-12-9
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

ROZY Posted at 2016-12-9 10:39
Just got my "shipped email" about an hour ago.
Tracking number with DHL.
Says it will arrive Monday by the end of the day.

It will most likely arrive on that day since it's finally been handed over to DHL. Couriers get the job done and deliver. DJI on the other hand with their slow dispatch time slow things down immensely. I really do hope that they've taken everything into consideration during this clown show that they've currently got going on, and greatly improve their shipping standards later on next year, because the whole situation with the Mavic Pro for this multi-billion company is quite frankly embarrassing.
2016-12-9
Use props
START
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-12-9 11:14
DJI are a multi-billion company and they don't even have the ability to ship out orders of the Mavic Pro in an efficient manner. Take a company like Apple for example, with their iPhone 7 product. People pre-ordered that mobile only days in advance and every consumer received their smartphones on day one. That's how it's done. One simply cannot defend DJI with this current disastrous situation they have going on here. They have plenty of money to put measures into place so that they're able to ship these Mavic Pro's to customers on-time.

You are about to receive the spiel about "underestimated pre-orders" and "hardware issues that cannot be quantified or validated".

This will then include "a communication was sent a week later after not sending any orders to any customers on the day of expected release"

Finally this will probably include the "follow up communication to advise 6-8 weeks" for delivery.

In summary a whole white wall which is supposed to get customers to feel empathetic for buying a £1000 product from a company that has existed for 10 years.... yeah ok sure
2016-12-9
Use props
Alan G
lvl.1

United Kingdom

dbgrn Posted at 2016-12-8 11:29
I'm curious... for those of you that are in the UK and have received your tracking info in the last couple of days, did the shipment to you start in the UK or China?

I saw another post where the shipment seemed to originate in the UK, and I'm wondering whether we've been waiting for a bulk shipment to arrive in the UK from China before the UK orders started shipping out individually.

It's not really clear,  but I have a message from DHL that says it is from DJI Technology Co Ltd, which sounds like a UK subsidiary, so you could well be right about this.
2016-12-9
Use props
Alan G
lvl.1

United Kingdom

START Posted at 2016-12-8 18:00
So my question is why dont DJI provide a forum where shipping people are moderators? But to be honest if they are the same people on the chat / call then they still wouldnt give any information.

And do you have any statistics to show the number of calls / chats logged where customers were satisfied / received the information they had asked? Because looking at the 2000 posts we havent seen a person whose used the methods you advise and has got any information.

Fantastic idea!

That way the shipping people could do less shipping and the babies could do less crying.

The people who have organised tables of shipping times to let people plan roughly when their package might arrive are doing a useful job.  People who post useful updates on their communications with DJI are doing a good job.  The time wasted by lots of other people here is mind-numbing.
2016-12-9
Use props
START
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Alan G Posted at 2016-12-9 12:22
Fantastic idea!

That way the shipping people could do less shipping and the babies could do less crying.

did i say they should put every shipping person on a forum? Is that what other successful companies do? Or are you just trolling with your simpleton remark?

Sorry but if you find this mind numbing then its a good thing the Mavic is simple to use otherwise you would struggle to get it to switch on.
2016-12-9
Use props
p.domenech.
lvl.1

Spain

jakacspear Posted at 2016-12-8 00:30
Just spoke to a terrible terrible chat rep on the online chat (Brendon).

His words exactly, "For the 4th time I will copy and paste my answer"

They are very useless and most of them don't care... They should look after all their costumers but specially the ones that have been waiting for weeks like us.
2016-12-9
Use props
p.domenech.
lvl.1

Spain

Heloknight Posted at 2016-12-8 02:58
I was all ready to cancel my order today but when I went in to my account the blue #4 that says SHIPPED was lit. I don't have any shipping info yet and no email confirming said status but I have hope to see it before Christmas. Ordered a Mavic only on Oct 11 2016 @ 18:37:53 (UTC). Can't wait for this debacle to be done.

Happy for you! The exactly same thing happened to me today. Have you received the email already or any shipping info?
2016-12-9
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.2

Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-8 22:27

Ken, who do I need to hassle for speeding up deliveries to UK distributors?
I ordered from my local dealer (www.radiocontrolledshop.ie) on 29th September. He placed an order for 80 units with his distributor. The distributor placed an order for 400 units. So far the distributor has received the demo unit only, nothing else!
2016-12-9
Use props
maisen20
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hello together... it's time to write my opinion of this very very bad DJI-Shipment!

I ordered my DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Combo more than 2 months ago on a big online-store here in the german-speaking europe, on the 3th of october and on the 4th of october i paid the combo!

now i'm waiting since more than two months and there's still NO DELIVERY and no delivery date! all shops and online-stores don't know when they receive new mavics/combos so they can't tell me when i get mine.

DJI knows how to develop good drones/copters, but they have NO IDEA how to manufacture and deliver the products! me and a lot more people over the world are very disappointed about that and the worst thing is that theres absolutely no improvement!

either DJI introduced a absolutely unfinished product because of the GoPro Karma or DJI is absolutely unable to know how to produce enough for the release, so they have no idea how the market is!
both options are a big strike in the face of every customer!
2016-12-9
Use props
dandy21
New

Ireland

Hi everyone

Has anyone used PayPay for payment and if so do you know at what point the balance is taken?
I ordered mid-November so not expecting shipment any time soon (3-4 weeks at least) but bizarrely PayPal just informed me that full payment was taken about an hour ago.
I wondered whether this was just due to the pre-auth just lasting 30 days or if i was any closer to shipping (wishful thinking I know...!!)
This is a Christmas present for someone who leaves on Jan 5th so I'm borderline receiving it on time as it is..

Thanks
2016-12-9
Use props
rtw
New

Canada

Just received notice that my Mavic is shipping!!
Order date was Oct 17 which makes the delay almost eight weeks exactly.
FedEx waybill number given but isn't showing up yet with FedEx.
Looks like I'll get it before Christmas!
Have faith and patience everyone.
2016-12-9
Use props
SteinkeTriscuit
New

United States

Im on the same page as rtw. Got my shipping notification this morning at 4:30am. Ordered 10-17. Should get it right at the 8 week cut off.

Good luck to everyone else.
2016-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules