Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Shipping Update (02/17/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mejia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36198 ft
United States

dandy21 Posted at 2016-12-9 08:51
Hi everyone

Has anyone used PayPay for payment and if so do you know at what point the balance is taken?

I honestly think you're past boardline on the gift. If they ship it to you before Jan 5th, then i should be getting mine mid December, which i do hope both occasions happen to benefit us both!. I paid for mine directly through DJI with PayPal on Nov 1st, they took the money within minutes, hope that helps.
2016-12-9
Use props
p.domenech.
New

Spain

fans231cf598 Posted at 2016-12-9 03:45
My shipping company changed to FedEx 1 week ago but my order is still pending, when will it ship? I got happy it said FedEx for a second

When did you order it?
2016-12-9
Use props
fanseb96bbe7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5653 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately I ordered my Mavic Combo threw a third party. Still have a bit of a wait. But guess what! I ordered a spare battery and it is on the truck
For delivery today. At least I can watch battery and wish it was attached to something.
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-9 21:11
Ken, who do I need to hassle for speeding up deliveries to UK distributors?
I ordered from my local dealer (www.radiocontrolledshop.ie) on 29th September. He placed an order for 80 units with his distributor. The distributor placed an order for 400 units. So far the distributor has received the demo unit only, nothing else!

You cannot do anything, you dealer would contact their DJI sales rep.
2016-12-9
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 15:01
You cannot do anything, you dealer would contact their DJI sales rep.

hmmm I don't like to be told that I cannot do anything. I manage a large customer service team for a well known brand, and its fact that if you scream loud enough in the right direction then things happen.
So what I want to know is who can put pressure on to get the channels moving in favour of the distributors waiting patiently in Europe. We see unit after unit being delivered now for people who ordered directly, and you can walk into Apple stores in the US and buy off the shelves! very unfair system I was so excited when it was announced I practically bounced to my local dealer and ordered on the 29th Sept!

so the question is, who do I need to scream to? I can see that direct orders are being chased via this very forum, and via chat with the online store sales team, but what about the rest of us? All the distributors are telling the dealers is that they have received no ******* stock (to put it nicely). The dealer channel can make or break a business so why isn't there more coming through those channels? At what point do DJI turn their focus from direct orders and start fulfilling some from other channels?
2016-12-9
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 196834 ft
Portugal

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 06:13
They said they have no info. but contact chat after 6pm PST as then you wil be online with headquarters and they may have more info.

Thank you DJI-Ken. I sent a message through the online chat and althoug I didn´t got an answer, this monrnig the status of my order changed to "shipped". I went to the app version of the DJI-Store and saw that it will be sent by DHL although it didn´t had any tracking number. :-)
2016-12-9
Use props
mejia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36198 ft
United States

YjWH9fPVGpcg Posted at 2016-12-9 10:21
Thank you DJI-Ken. I sent a message through the online chat and althoug I didn´t got an answer, this monrnig the status of my order changed to "shipped". I went to the app version of the DJI-Store and saw that it will be sent by DHL although it didn´t had any tracking number. :-)

Where is this online chat everyone keeps talking about? I've been trying to contact them and only get their email
2016-12-9
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 196834 ft
Portugal

mejia Posted at 2016-12-9 23:28
Where is this online chat everyone keeps talking about? I've been trying to contact them and only get their email

It's on the DJI web site. When you open the main page there's a small floating icon on the right down corner of the screen. You click ther and you'll get into the chat. The icon resembles a head with headphones.
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-9 23:10
hmmm I don't like to be told that I cannot do anything. I manage a large customer service team for a well known brand, and its fact that if you scream loud enough in the right direction then things happen.
So what I want to know is who can put pressure on to get the channels moving in favour of the distributors waiting patiently in Europe. We see unit after unit being delivered now for people who ordered directly, and you can walk into Apple stores in the US and buy off the shelves! very unfair system I was so excited when it was announced I practically bounced to my local dealer and ordered on the 29th Sept!

I'm sorry you don't like being told there's nothing you can do, that's what it is.
Again, there's nothing you can do to speed up your order.
The only thing you can do is cancel your order, but there's no way to speed it up.
I'm sorry about that.

2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

YjWH9fPVGpcg Posted at 2016-12-9 23:21

That's great, it takes 24-28hrs for tracking info to be emailed to you after the status moves to shipped.
2016-12-9
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 15:40
I'm sorry you don't like being told there's nothing you can do, that's what it is.
Again, there's nothing you can do to speed up your order.
The only thing you can do is cancel your order, but there's no way to speed it up.

There it is again.

Can you give me the name of the managing director or VP for Europe? If not Europe, then the name of the CEO for the company and his email address please
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mejia Posted at 2016-12-9 23:28

Looks like a member assisted, were you able to see it now?
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-9 23:42
There it is again.

Can you give me the name of the managing director or VP for Europe? If not Europe, then the name of the CEO for the company and his email address please

I'm sorry, again there is no way that you will get your order sooner.
Please email onlinesales@dji.com
2016-12-9
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 15:47
Please email

There's always a way Ken. Please can you provide me with the info I've asked for.

not a reflection on you guys here as im sure you get limited info and strict process control.

However, theres always a big cheese that can make things happen, always. All it needs is a re-focus in a fairer way
2016-12-9
Use props
START
lvl.1

United Kingdom

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-9 15:48
There's always a way Ken. Please can you provide me with the info I've asked for.

not a reflection on you guys here as im sure you get limited info and strict process control.

I totally understand your frustration but you're not going to get Ken to divulge that information.

That info is also readily available via Google so if you're going to throw that stone at the glass house you've got to show you have done the leg work to justify throwing it.

You should exhaust and carefully document all of the companies failings before you go right to the top, that means jumping through all of their hoops until you can reveal all of their failings.

2016-12-9
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 15:47
Please email

Tao Wang, is that the head honcho?
2016-12-9
Use props
fans370bf225
lvl.1
United States

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-9 07:10

I called Apple yesterday and they told me they would not have any Mavics till February!
2016-12-9
Use props
Chet2323
lvl.1

United States

Today is my 8 week mark and nothing still. Every week goes by I keep saying it's going to be this week especially seeing people getting shipping notices that ordered way after me.
2016-12-9
Use props
Shadowspawne
lvl.1

United States

deedjeeeye Posted at 2016-12-8 16:36
Ohhh that's sweet he's in love with Ken. Wish you all the best for your future. Nice to read some nice vibes for a change. Go for it Tiger!

O.K. I have just found this online from the Media Markt websites from Germany as well as the Netherlands (Nederland). It clearly states that the Mavic will not be available for another 5 weeks in Germany. Now the Media Markt in the Netherlands clearly states that is will not be available for more than 2 weeks. They are able to state "over 2 weeks" by law there, as it sounds better than 6-8 weeks. So either your friend is lying, or you are posting false information trying to stir the pot. And I am sure that since the strongest and most influential economy in Europe is Germany's, that DJI would ship to Nederland before they would Germany. Nice try though.

It is exactly people like this, which post false and misleading information, which are just trying to cause trouble. Good luck with your Mavic, but I am positive that by me staying with my order directly through DJI, I will have my Mavic befor you will.
2016-12-9
Use props
Ely324
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904888 ft
United States

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-9 10:48

Not always, but probably 99% of the time I would agree with.

One thing for sure is you are not going to get any other email address besides onlinesales@dji.com or any other contact info that isn't already available to you via their website. This is not the place to bark at thinking you will get a different response than what has been given to everyone else that has shown expression about this subject like you have.

Even if DJI Ken had the email address you are looking for, which he probably doesn't, he would never give it out cause it would cost his job.
2016-12-9
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

Ely324 Posted at 2016-12-9 16:54
Not always, but probably 99% of the time I would agree with.

One thing for sure is you are not going to get any other email address besides  or any other contact info that isn't already available to you via their website. This is not the place to bark at thinking you will get a different response than what has been given to everyone else that has shown expression about this subject like you have.

that depends on the company. I've worked in this field for a long time and some CEO's are prepared to field questions if you get through to them (or more probably, their assistant).
You're right though, I wont pressure Ken for that info
I've got the name of the chap and he's on LinkedIn so over the next couple of days I'm going to sit down and compose him a nice InMail to see if he responds. That is off course if he hasn't disabled it since all this kicked off.
2016-12-9
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

fans370bf225 Posted at 2016-12-9 16:51
I called Apple yesterday and they told me they would not have any Mavics till February!

you're in the states right? multiple people have been told that on the phone but when they walk into some stores, they are for sale on the shelves. research, you'll probably find one
2016-12-9
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

Shadowspawne Posted at 2016-12-9 16:51
O.K. I have just found this online from the Media Markt websites from Germany as well as the Netherlands (Nederland). It clearly states that the Mavic will not be available for another 5 weeks in Germany. Now the Media Markt in the Netherlands clearly states that is will not be available for more than 2 weeks. They are able to state "over 2 weeks" by law there, as it sounds better than 6-8 weeks. So either your friend is lying, or you are posting false information trying to stir the pot. And I am sure that since the strongest and most influential economy in Europe is Germany's, that DJI would ship to Nederland before they would Germany. Nice try though.
[view_image]
[view_image]

Its already proven, direct orders from DJI are shipping out, orders through distributors are not. So yeah, you'll have yours first
2016-12-9
Use props
fans370bf225
lvl.1
United States

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-9 09:01
you're in the states right? multiple people have been told that on the phone but when they walk into some stores, they are for sale on the shelves. research, you'll probably find one

Yes I am, I will go into the store today and see if they have one, thanks.
2016-12-9
Use props
START
lvl.1

United Kingdom

well i went into the covent garden apple store today and picked up a P4. Leaving on a business trip on sunday and couldnt afford to wait for DJI's madness. The good thing is Apple allow easy returns up to 1 month so i can then return it when im back.

Shocking the hoops you have to jump through just to get a product...
2016-12-9
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

fans370bf225 Posted at 2016-12-9 17:03
Yes I am, I will go into the store today and see if they have one, thanks.

good luck with your hunt.

its worth asking in one of the apple thread here on this forum, there have been others posted proof that they got one off the shelf
2016-12-9
Use props
Mr. Mongo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1348 ft
United States

Being a pest to DJI is just futile.  As you can see, most people are waiting about 7 weeks upon order date.  I ordered 10/16 and it arrived 12/9.  Most of us realized that this product was originally a pre-order not currently in production and the demand exceeded what they expected.  Sit back and relax.  It will arrive.  
2016-12-9
Use props
deedjeeeye
lvl.1

Netherlands

Shadowspawne Posted at 2016-12-9 17:51
[view_image]
[view_image]

Sorry Sherlock don't quit your day job right away. .
Mavic.png
2016-12-9
Use props
deedjeeeye
lvl.1

Netherlands

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-9 18:02
Its already proven, direct orders from DJI are shipping out, orders through distributors are not. So yeah, you'll have yours first

Not true.
2016-12-9
Use props
fans370bf225
lvl.1
United States

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-9 09:17
good luck with your hunt.

its worth asking in one of the apple thread here on this forum, there have been others posted proof that they got one off the shelf

Apple Store availability on the west side of the states shows Feb 7th, so far.
2016-12-9
Use props
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-12-9
Use props
deedjeeeye
lvl.1

Netherlands

2016-12-9
Use props
F0pGbCm8btBR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 435781 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

2016-12-9
Use props
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

2016-12-9
Use props
F0pGbCm8btBR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 435781 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

has anyone cancelled an order and sought interest refund from trading standard.  they took money before delivering products and as such held my money for 2 months on credit card interest rates that's 34% interest on 9,999hkd for 2 months in my case
2016-12-9
Use props
Heavysledz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

F0pGbCm8btBR Posted at 2016-12-10 02:33
has anyone cancelled an order and sought interest refund from trading standard.  they took money before delivering products and as such held my money for 2 months on credit card interest rates that's 34% interest on 9,999hkd for 2 months in my case

wow.....you must have the worst interest rate in the world if you have a CC with a 34% APR. But my guess is your APR is 17% APR (still not that good) and you think that since they charged you 2 months ago that the interest is now at 34% for 2 months.....I hate to break it to you but that is not how it works. 17% APR = 17% ANNUAL percentage rate. This equates out to 1.416% monthly in interest. That comes out to 141.58hkd a month (roughly $18USD).

If you think it is worth the time and effort to go after this amount of money than have at it and let me know how that works out for you. Personally my time is worth more than that and if I was unhappy, I would just count my losses and get a refund and move on.
2016-12-9
Use props
Ely324
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904888 ft
United States

Patiently waiting for my mavic, just here to get a good laugh at how delusional everyone is. It's called life. So you pre-ordered over a month ago from what ever outlet you chose and some one else who ordered form newegg.com or bestbuy or walked into an apple store and received a Mavic before you, well better luck next time, you picked the wrong straw.
2016-12-9
Use props
seanmdo
New

United States

Hey DJI-Ken,

Why are people getting their orders fulfilled out of sequence.  I see people who've placed orders well after me through 3rd parties receiving the Mavic. I order mine on 9/30 through Adorama and nothing.... Doesn't seem like first come first served as stated during the pre-order....
2016-12-9
Use props
fans92bc1a2e
lvl.1

Guatemala

Please DJI-Ken.  Send a copy to your bosses.

For many weeks DJI has lied to me too many times.

I feel totally disappointed by you, mainly because you did not respect clients, like me, who believed on your mavic pro project. I accept that you have had delays, but what really infuriates me is the lack of words on your part, when you said they would send as we were bought.

I look a lot of people who ordered weeks after me selling their drones on ebay.  So, for me It was a total disrespect.

Please send this email to your management, and let them know what the customer thinks.

Learn to be like American companies, loke GoPro, who reward their customers when they fail and honor their word.

Cancel my order 001198558505 and refund my money ASAP.
2016-12-9
Use props
fansf4f8eacb
New
United States

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-9 08:59
that depends on the company. I've worked in this field for a long time and some CEO's are prepared to field questions if you get through to them (or more probably, their assistant).
You're right though, I wont pressure Ken for that info
I've got the name of the chap and he's on LinkedIn so over the next couple of days I'm going to sit down and compose him a nice InMail to see if he responds. That is off course if he hasn't disabled it since all this kicked off.

As the CEO of a US ecommerce retailer, I can tell you that ANY time there is a problem, we strive to get way out in front of it. It doesn't happen that often, but when it does, Transparency and Honesty are the way to go. It turns upset customers into supporters - and often lifetime friends.
DJI is getting this debacle so incredibly wrong. At this point, perhaps they feel like they've dug themselves too deep of a hole. Maybe the issue is a cultural one, I don't know. Which only points out that they should have a support channel that serves the particular style and needs of each local market.

DJI, if you're listening, if only you would just give us an honest assessment of what's REALLY going on here, we'd likely be much more understanding and supportive.
2016-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules