Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Shipping Update (02/17/2017)
282732 7070 2016-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

(2-17)
We're glad to share the following Mavic Pro shipping updates with you!
For all Mavic Pro & Mavic Pro Combo orders, estimated shipping time will be between 1-3 business days after the order confirmation.
We've been trying very hard to speed up our shipping times for all regions, but please understand shipping times may vary in some countires due to specific reasons. Please refer to the shipping date on the product page.
Some of the accessories are currently out of stock at DJI Online Store. Orders contain both those accessories and Mavic Pro might be delayed for that reason. We’ve been looking into those orders and split them in order to ship you your drone first. If you have waited longer than the listed shipping time when you placed your order, please contact our Customer Service dept for help.

Thanks for your patience!

(1-25) The store page has been updated to read:
Mavic Pro :Estimated shipping: 10-15 business days of order confirmation.
Mavic Pro Combo : Estimated shipping: 7-10 business days of order confirmation.
Emails are going out stating that your Mavics will be shipped in March. Please note that as of now this doesn't necessarily apply to everyone.
We will update this post when more info becomes available.
Thanks for your patience.

(1-11) As some of you guys know, we're continuing to speed up the shipment of online orders. We believe many of you have received your tracking info already, we're also excited to see your Mavic Pro's arriving at your doorstep very soon!
So, here's some updates:
- Since we're shipping Mavic Pro from several different warehouses, the shipping times vary according to your location. We're glad to let you know we've shortened our shipping times within US and Asia & Pacific to 5-7 working days after order confirmation. We're still trying hard to rocket our speed for all EU customers.

Order today at the DJI Online Store and get your Mavic Pro without long waits!
- Some of you might have received an email from the DJI Online Store because we failed to deduct your money from your account due to PayPal payment authorization failure. Please don't worry about that! When you create your order at the DJI Online Store, it's the first stage that we authorize your payment through PayPal but haven't actually charged you yet. Please log into your PayPal account to finalize your payment, then we will ship out your order as soon as your payment has been confirmed. Please rest assured that you will definitely be charged ONCE only.

------------------------------------------------------

(1-4) Just wanted to give you guys an update:The Mavic now ships in 7-10 working days after order confirmation. Orders placed at the DJI Online Store prior to this annoucement will still be prioritized. We expect to ship all pre-orders before 18 Jan and now are trying our best to achive it!
Order today at the DJI Online Store and your Mavic Pro will ship within 2 weeks. If you were worried about a long delay, worry no longer!

Dear DJI Customers:

We owe you an apology for our delays in delivering the new Mavic Pro. We want to thank you for your patience and also advise that we are looking into improving our order process and systems, based largely on your feedback.

When we announced Mavic Pro and began accepting pre-orders, we expected to deliver the first units in mid-October. However, ramping up production to full speed at top quality took longer than planned. Prior to our scheduled shipping target, we encountered an issue integrating a part into the Mavic Pro. We resolved that within a week. On top of that, the excitement for the Mavic Pro beat our expectations. As a result, we are working diligently to ramp up production to meet the higher-than-anticipated demand for the Mavic Pro.

We have been shipping for nearly two weeks, but even with round-the-clock production, we unfortunately cannot give specific delivery estimates for many orders moving through various global sales channels because of this demand. For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks.

Some of you waiting for your Mavic Pro also expressed concern about our immediate billing of pre-orders. We've heard you and are examining potential alternatives with our payment provider.

DJI exists to put amazing technology and innovation into your hands, and we're sorry it's taking so long with Mavic Pro. Our internal systems haven't kept up with the enormous demand for our products, and your enthusiasm for our newest offering is spurring us to improve. We appreciate your understanding and are doing everything we can to get Mavic Pro to you as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

DJI

ALSO, let's please try to keep the negativity out of this thread. If you just want to be fully negative and bash DJI with hateful words then post in another thread.
I do not want that in this thread. There are many others thread already that you can post in.

http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news ... g-Update-Nov-3-2016

2016-11-2
Use props
Thomusvoo
lvl.1

United States

awesome. Now, if everybody can stop complaining, leave DJI alone and just wait, that'd be great. Getting real tired of reading the same complaints in this forum "when will I.." "where's my..." *mod edited for offensive content*
2016-11-2
Use props
fansf2ead649
lvl.1

United States

Oh look, another update to update us with no actual update.

**Sucks that Ken had to be the sacraficial goat here, pretty sure your techinal support staff shouldn't be giving production 'updates'**
2016-11-2
Use props
fansbad90a37
lvl.1

Canada

We understood your difficulties, apparently you guys don't want this delay happen.

But you know in some cold countries like Canada, leaves had almost dropped and winter is coming. Some of the pilots might have to fly their Mavic next spring even if they pre-ordered pretty early...

Btw many of the orders on 27th UTC have been shipped according to a tracking site:
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

fansf2ead649 Posted at 2016-11-3 12:28
Oh look, another update to update us with no actual update.

**Sucks that Ken had to be the sacrafi ...

Everyone has been asking for an update, one has been given on the Newsroom page and I'm letting users know about the update. What's the issue ?
2016-11-2
Use props
marroyoCTD
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 00:34
Everyone has been asking for an update, one has been given on the Newsroom page and I'm letting us ...

The problem is that the update lacks any update. It provides zero usable information for the customers asking the questions.
2016-11-2
Use props
AusAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

This is more in line with what I'd consider to be a real update.
1) They've actually acknowledged the problem
2) They've apologized
3) They've addressed the key concerns raised as to the manner in which they've handled it thus far
4) They've given a time frame

I agree, it's taken a while to get to this point and the information may not be all that specific but it's the best update they've provided to date along with acknowledging that they need to improve for the benefit of their customers.
2016-11-2
Use props
Mir
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the update. At least they acknowledged the problems and it seems they're trying to fix it.

There will still be people complaining I'm sure. But I think for many this is a leap forward. Now where's my 9/29 mavic :-D
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

AusAir Posted at 2016-11-3 12:42
This is more in line with what I'd consider to be a real update.
1) They've actually acknowledged t ...

Correct, it does address key points about shipping and an apology and they're looking to improve the order process based on your feedback.
I'd say it is a good update.
2016-11-2
Use props
Thomusvoo
lvl.1

Look, read it. It was unexpected that they would sell this much.
It's easy for us to say, "hey, rev up production!" Easy peazy right? Guess what, tooling and manual manufacturing can only do so much in a day. Demand outgrew production. Let's say they forecasted total sales in first month to be 5k, they planned accordingly... Manual labor, hiring people, buying parts, etc.... Guess what, all that stuff is planned and purchased months in advanced. Let's say 10k purchased day of pre orders.... This sucks, they are screwed. Not only they don't have enough parts and man power, their vendors don't have the parts as well since DJI told them they only needed 5k per month. Vendors will have to make parts, which takes time to make AND ship. hiring the right people to make drones takes time. I'm sure you have to teach them how to make it. You guys don't understand manufacturing and business. You only see what's in front of you. It's a shame people don't know how much effort goes into making a single product from concept to the store shelves.
2016-11-2
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

The problem lies on what they said "Orders before Nov 3rd will receive within 6 to 8 weeks".
So ones ordered up to 4 weeks ago and one just ordered now will receive their order around the same time?
2016-11-2
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.4
United States

Thomusvoo Posted at 2016-11-2 21:47
It's easy for us to say, " ...

They should have stopped accepting preorder until they could fulfill current orders.
2016-11-2
Use props
Mir
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

ngvuanh Posted at 2016-11-2 21:48
The problem lies on what they said "Orders before Nov 3rd will receive within 6 to 8 weeks".
So ones ...

I think what it really meant was any order before November 3 will be received sometime in the next 8 weeks
2016-11-2
Use props
robble
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the update.  Although at first I freaked when I thought it read 8 weeks for OCT 3.  After seeing it said 8 weeks for NOV 3rd I felt much better

2016-11-2
Use props
GlacierShark
lvl.1

Thanks DJI Ken!
This is finally what most folks wanted.  Some information as to why the prolonged delay. I think 90% of those that want a Mavic will now be able to get on with their lives.  I know I will!  Appreciate the head nod to the community as well with regards to payment process.  
2016-11-2
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.4
United States

Mir Posted at 2016-11-2 21:52
I think what it really meant was any order before November 3 will be received sometime in the next  ...

Of course, people who ordered in Sep and Oct are all before Nov 3, am I right?
I ordered early Oct, paid and it's raining everyday in Northwest now, but I have P4 which I can fly sometime it's dry. I don't mind waiting and I haven't said much about shipping issue till now.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Thomusvoo Posted at 2016-11-3 12:47
It's easy for us to say, "hey, rev ...

Please stick to the forum rules and lets keep this thread free from calling each other names.
Thanks for posting your understanding of manufacturing and you are correct, the amount of orders far exceeded what they thought so it caused a delay.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ngvuanh Posted at 2016-11-3 12:48
So ones ...

It does not mean that at all.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

GlacierShark Posted at 2016-11-3 12:55
Thanks DJI Ken!
This is finally what most folks wanted.  Some information as to why the prolonged d ...

Your welcome, I do hope that others will take it the same as you.
2016-11-2
Use props
speziale.michae
lvl.3
Flight distance : 368579 ft
United States

I appreciate the update, but it could have been delivered much sooner. It IS a huge bummer, but it's nice to have an update. If I had known it would take so long, especially with the frequency at which you guys release new drones, I would've held off. For now, I'll just hope that my place in line means earlier than 7 or 8 weeks, because that's the start of about 2 MORE months of disgusting weather over here. I'd like to think DJI corporate at least won't release the "Mavic 2" for a little while now haha
2016-11-2
Use props
Nivag75
lvl.1

United States

Thomusvoo Posted at 2016-11-2 21:47
It's easy for us to say, "hey, rev ...

Another factor is trained labor.... you may be able to hire people quickly but this isnt assembling shoes. It takes time and alot of it to get those extra bodies trained up to sstandards to assemble something with so much tech in such a small item.
2016-11-2
Use props
fansa66b116d
lvl.3

New Zealand

To get all orders before today shipped before Christmas would be a good effort in my view so happy with the update. I'm actually more interested in any update on the loss of control issues and when a firmware update might be.
2016-11-2
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.4
United States

Hi Ken, I understand DJI didn't mean that but people who read that would understand their orders arrive within 7 to 8 weeks from now obviously.
2016-11-2
Use props
quanthonytrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Awesome news Ken. I am now picturing you on the production lines assembling Mavics and answering these silly posts as we speak.
2016-11-2
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.4
United States

Hope they get focused on QA to make sure all Mavic's sent out will be in the highest quality.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ngvuanh Posted at 2016-11-3 13:08
Hi Ken, I understand DJI didn't mean that but people who read that would understand their orders arr ...

I think it reads clearly, it says people who ordered before Nov 3rd they'll do their best to clear them within the next 7-8 weeks. So if you order Nov 3rd then you may have to wait 7-8 weeks. If you pre-ordered the first day then your order should be soon.
They mean cleared out in 7-8 weeks, which means shipping right now and for the next 7-8 weeks.
2016-11-2
Use props
gK2xY4YBfh64
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

It's a huge improvement over previous communication... Was it so hard that it took 3 weeks to come up with this announcement?

Instead of examining potential alternatives I suggest to provide DJI Care for free!

At least glad to see that Adam disappeared...
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ngvuanh Posted at 2016-11-3 13:13
Hope they get focused on QA to make sure all Mavic's sent out will be in the highest quality.

I'm quite sure they strive for that.
If there is any issue, the aircraft has a 1yr warranty. And the flight data recorder in the aircraft records numerous flight parameters and the flight data analysis department would know if it's user error or a malfunction so there's no need to worry.
2016-11-2
Use props
Enzold
France

Hi, i make my order on a aliexpress seller (dji world model, SZ DYHF CO. LTD) the 09/30, maybe i make a mistake...
Do you know when this aliexpress seller have in stock ?
2016-11-2
Use props
fanseeb96e3a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144570 ft
South Africa

A proper update like this is the level of service people expect from the industries leading company.
Thanks for the update.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Enzold Posted at 2016-11-3 13:28
Hi, i make my order on a aliexpress seller (dji world model, SZ DYHF CO. LTD) the 09/30, maybe i mak ...

I am sorry, I do not know that information. You would have to contact Aliexpress to se when they are supposed to get deliveries.
2016-11-2
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136900 ft

Although this no longer applies to me having already received my Mavic. This is by far the best update, it addresses the delay, gives a time frame for people (although it's very rough) and it acknowledges and they have apologised. Yeah they could be a bit more informative for the earlier orders like first 2 weeks of October orders will have theirs with 1 month but still, hopefully this helps a lot of people that haven't yet got theirs.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

fanseeb96e3a Posted at 2016-11-3 13:30
A proper update like this is the level of service people expect from the industries leading company. ...

Understood, I too and glad DJI made the update.
And thank you for being a patient customer.
2016-11-2
Use props
Dgonz0289
lvl.1

What about Mavics going to retailers like Apple? Would like to get a better idea when we can expect them to fulfill purchases made through them.
2016-11-2
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

There you go, it was not as hard you see?

The worst thing you can do when doing a mistake is not acknowledging straight away.
Look , I hope the best the best luck for the production and hope that all the issues have been ironed out.

Now we all know we will recieve our drones in 2017.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Kuzz Posted at 2016-11-3 13:31
Although this no longer applies to me having already received my Mavic. This is by far the best upda ...

Thank you very much for posting, and I totally understand and I'm glad they made the announcement.
2016-11-2
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.4
United States

speziale.michae Posted at 2016-11-2 22:04
I appreciate the update, but it could have been delivered much sooner. It IS a huge bummer, but it's ...

Lol if you read inspire forums they were expecting-(hoping)-guesstimating that Inspire 2 would be released November 8 or 9......don't know about that now after this mess haha

But look to the bright side.....if you ordered Mavic last night this was an amazing update!!!!

Give Ken credit!! It wasn't the secret internal documents everybody was hoping for but at least it was something....!!

2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Thanks to everyone who appreciates the announcement.
Please keep to the forum rules and let's all be nice to each other and try to keep the negativity out of this thread.
2016-11-2
Use props
0sarc0
lvl.3

Australia

Thanks for the update. It seems that DJI are listening to what most people have been asking for.
Keep up the good work DJI-Ken.
2016-11-2
Use props
Abaco305
Second Officer
Flight distance : 316772 ft
  • >>>

Could have been a bit more specific on shipping. 7-8 weeks for orders placed in the last 38 days(they will do their best). Ordered beginning of October  and my order info is  t he same as someone who ordered a month later...... but they did give  specific  excuses  for being late. Though we can't complain because technically this is an update. The good news is next time I decide to spend thousands on a drone, the order process might be better . I would have been a lot happier if they said we expect to ship out X amount of mavics in the next week or two.
2016-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules