Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

staffsarge Posted at 2016-12-11 12:05
Yeh that looks terrible.  I'm becoming less and less impressed with these drones of DJI's.  There are tonnes of options out there with much the same features.  I came to DJI because they were the best, but for a first experience - I'd probably steer people away from DJI in general, despite them being one of if not the best UAV providers.  I don't know that having to interact with them would be worth it....GoPro on the other hand.

I understand that everyone will not be happy the first time they experience a problem. But I have had very few issues and DJI has corrected the problem for me quickly.  I think that the Go App will be fixed soon and allow the gimbal to be tuned again. I was able to get my Mavic going again by slowing it down to 8%. Once they adjust the Go App I will move the setting back up again.

I sold my Go Pro 4 black and will never own another one. I just do not like the picture quality and fish eye look of the lens.  

This is why we have choices out there and not everybody will like the same thing. DJI offers a nice selection of drones to choose from and they are actively moving forward.

My best to you
Rich
2016-12-11
Use props
fans370bf225
lvl.1
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-11 15:49
I understand that everyone will not be happy the first time they experience a problem. But I have had very few issues and DJI has corrected the problem for me quickly.  I think that the Go App will be fixed soon and allow the gimbal to be tuned again. I was able to get my Mavic going again by slowing it down to 8%. Once the adjust the Go App I will move the setting back up again.

I sold my Go Pro 4 black and will never own another one. I just do not like the picture quality and fish eye look of the lens.  

Nicely said!
2016-12-11
Use props
fans6eee1550
lvl.1
Canada

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-9 23:48
There's always a way Ken. Please can you provide me with the info I've asked for.

not a reflection on you guys here as im sure you get limited info and strict process control.

you will have to wait like the rest of us who ordered Before you
2016-12-11
Use props
TB20Flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6716 ft
United States

fans6eee1550 Posted at 2016-12-11 19:49

Says who?  

Seems like lots of people received orders before others that orders earlier.
2016-12-11
Use props
fanseab2de61
New
Flight distance : 50276 ft
Australia

I placed my order 6 weeks ago and still i can't get a delivery date....
2016-12-11
Use props
fans8eede3a9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182001 ft
United States

Mine comes in Tuesday! I ordered the bird and extra battery on Oct 17. Keep your heads up guys!
2016-12-11
Use props
Ghostwriter
lvl.1

Australia

Well my DJI experience just keeps getting better!

Not only do they refuse to answer emails, now it seems DJI has been understating the value of goods sent to Australia to minimise the duties they have to pay. So now my Mavic sits with customs while they sort it out.

Seriously DJI, how does a company that makes such good products (I own and get great use from a P4, Osmo and Ronin) continually stuff up customer service. God help you if a company offers products remotely approaching your level of expertise with even the slightest notion of making customers advocates for their brand....
2016-12-11
Use props
jakacspear
lvl.1
Australia

Ghostwriter Posted at 2016-12-12 15:49
Well my DJI experience just keeps getting better!

Not only do they refuse to answer emails, now it seems DJI has been understating the value of goods sent to Australia to minimise the duties they have to pay. So now my Mavic sits with customs while they sort it out.

Is this actually what is happening? Mines been shipped, and the tracking info shows its still at customs clearance.
2016-12-11
Use props
Sierra118
lvl.1

Singapore

Ordered mine on 10th oct. will be receiving mine this evening.
2016-12-11
Use props
fansfaa6fd0e
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,
Ordered my Mavic Pro (non combo) from DJI on 10/17/2016.
It shipped on the 12/9/2016. should have it tomorrow!!!
hope that helps estimate shipping time
2016-12-12
Use props
Smashie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10079 ft
United Kingdom

Ordered on the 7 October, still not shipped
2016-12-12
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.2

Ireland

fans6eee1550 Posted at 2016-12-12 01:49

when did you order and was it direct or via a dealer?
2016-12-12
Use props
Ghostwriter
lvl.1

Australia

jakacspear Posted at 2016-12-12 16:31
Is this actually what is happening? Mines been shipped, and the tracking info shows its still at customs clearance.

Contact the shipping company to find out. Fortunately the guys at DHL were superb with my numerous phone calls and emails. There was an outstanding payment of just over $280 that was billed to DJI before Australian Customs would clear it. Bloody cheeky when you consider they have been holding hundreds of thousands of our dollars while doing so!
2016-12-12
Use props
BluePowerMF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3576476 ft
Australia

Ghostwriter Posted at 2016-12-12 18:51
Contact the shipping company to find out. Fortunately the guys at DHL were superb with my numerous phone calls and emails. There was an outstanding payment of just over $280 that was billed to DJI before Australian Customs would clear it. Bloody cheeky when you consider they have been holding hundreds of thousands of our dollars while doing so!

Did DJI pay it? Or do DHL just invoice DJI? I just got an SMS telling me to pay $282 for customs to release it!
2016-12-12
Use props
DINO88
lvl.1

South Korea

My Oct 9th order is still pending. I emailed 'onlinesales@dji.com' asking about regional discrimination of delivery on 7th Dec but still no response.
Are they allowed to ignore customer's email? Is that how DJI works?
2016-12-12
Use props
OneOakDesign
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I've had a Mavic on order with a UK supplier since 14th October and as they are a major supplier, I'm currently number 226 in the queue. So far, DJI have delivered just 18 units to this supplier with another possible 5 units in the next few days!! At that rate, I expect to get my Mavic sometime around April 2017- well done DJI!! Maybe someone (Ken?) can explain why DJI prefer to supply single buyers rather than distributors or suppliers, that helped get DJI to where they are today? Happy to wait in line - I'd just like DJI's view on this.
2016-12-12
Use props
fans8eede3a9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182001 ft
United States

Welp.... I got mine about 10 min. ago... It was shipped FRIDAY and got to my door in 3 days!!!...Ordered Oct. 17. Bird and battery.... Gotta go! Thanks DJI!!!!!
2016-12-12
Use props
BroadFlight
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108862 ft
Australia

jakacspear Posted at 2016-12-12 15:31

There is a big batch sitting in customs for all Australians from what I can gather.

Apparently DJI owes customs money and on top of that some of the addresses got messed up in the system.

Check to see that your DHL tracking doesn't say "receiver needs to contact DHL". If it does, call DHL and give them your details again.

I just had another SMS saying that customs status was updated and that customs are going to get in touch with DJI.  Hope that means it's all sorted out - experience tells me I probably have to wait a few more days though.
2016-12-12
Use props
mejia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36198 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 10:42
Looks like a member assisted, were you able to see it now?

I did, but like some people, i get a box and can't understand what it says.. so i am still left with no communication =/
2016-12-12
Use props
JeremyRunge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29682 ft
United States

Ordered 6th November so I have a few more weeks of waiting.  I only ordered the Mavic but saw yesterday morning that the Batteries are now in stock and shipping 5-7 business days of payment confirmation.  Also picked up some extra Props and the Battery Charging Hub (shipping 20-25 days after confirmation). Took them the afternoon to go from Pending to Shipped.   wish they were that fast with my actual Mavic.
2016-12-12
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

OneOakDesign Posted at 2016-12-12 08:08
I've had a Mavic on order with a UK supplier since 14th October and as they are a major supplier, I'm currently number 226 in the queue. So far, DJI have delivered just 18 units to this supplier with another possible 5 units in the next few days!! At that rate, I expect to get my Mavic sometime around April 2017- well done DJI!! Maybe someone (Ken?) can explain why DJI prefer to supply single buyers rather than distributors or suppliers, that helped get DJI to where they are today? Happy to wait in line - I'd just like DJI's view on this.

So you want an explanation as to why DJI is preferring individual buyers?  That's odd because there is a huge portion of this thread complaining of exactly the opposite.  Some people seem to be getting their shipments from 3rd party suppliers much more quickly, and a small number of people have actually been able to buy one off the shelf at an Apple Store.

It would seem that you just picked the wrong reseller, but regardless it seems that DJI can't win in this situation.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

OneOakDesign Posted at 2016-12-12 06:08

It comes down to the same reason why people who ordered online from DJI are waiting several weeks for their orders. If resellers bought a few thousand units, DJI can't send all 2,000 to that dealer. That's why dealers are getting small shipments every week or so.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mejia Posted at 2016-12-12 08:12
I did, but like some people, i get a box and can't understand what it says.. so i am still left with no communication =/

Can you post a screenshot.
2016-12-12
Use props
Dasm6tPRI5iL
lvl.2

Australia

BroadFlight Posted at 2016-12-13 01:06
There is a big batch sitting in customs for all Australians from what I can gather.

Apparently DJI owes customs money and on top of that some of the addresses got messed up in the system.

Mine is currently suffering an 'uncontrollable delay' for about 36 hours now but seems to have reached the DHL facility in Sydney. DHL asked me to pay customs and duties but that was a mistake on DHL's part, which was cleared up with a quick phone call.

Customs shouldn't be owed any money, DHL pay the duties on behalf of DJI and charge it back to DJI. The value of my delivery is correctly stated on the documentation.
2016-12-12
Use props
mejia
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-12 11:35
Can you post a screenshot.

Here you go!! dji.png
2016-12-12
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

Dasm6tPRI5iL Posted at 2016-12-12 18:15
Mine is currently suffering an 'uncontrollable delay' for about 36 hours now but seems to have reached the DHL facility in Sydney. DHL asked me to pay customs and duties but that was a mistake on DHL's part, which was cleared up with a quick phone call.

Customs shouldn't be owed any money, DHL pay the duties on behalf of DJI and charge it back to DJI. The value of my delivery is correctly stated on the documentation.

i hope u are right.. but as far as i know... you are going to pay the customs !
You are the one IMPORTING in your country .. Dhl is the courier and DJI is the producer and you are the one importing goods in your country!
I wish i was wrong but that's how it works !

For example here whatever i import(buy/get as a gift) from abroad then i need to pay customs fees when goods enter Italy ! I bought my mavic in Hkg... my gf will receive it and i'm gonna take it with my hands there :-P if she ship it.. then i'll pay customs !
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

It says connection failure and to retry. You can cut and paste any foreign text into Google for translation.
Also there's a Google Translate app that you can hold your phone to any language an it magically transforms the language into your language.

It has to be your computer as I just tried it and it's working fine. This is the screen you should see just after the screenshot you posted.
Can you try a different web browser.
Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 11.02.47 AM.png
2016-12-12
Use props
Greg Kingston
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Bucefalo Posted at 2016-12-12 17:50
You are the one IMPORTING in your country .. Dhl is the courier and DJI is the producer and you are the one importing goods in your country!

That's not correct in this case - orders are purchased with duty paid.
2016-12-12
Use props
BarrabasOnAir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22598 ft
Germany

Hi Ken!

I don't understand why you provide so little information about the number of orders, the status of production, and so on. I think what makes people be upset, is the missing transparency and information. Even when I wrote to sales@dji.com they didn't want to provide me an estimate of the availability of the Mavic Pro for Germany, after it was initially selled for a few weeks.

https://tinyentropy.com/2016/12/09/waiting-for-the-mavic-pro/
2016-12-12
Use props
mejia
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-12 13:04
It says connection failure and to retry. You can cut and paste any foreign text into Google for translation.
Also there's a Google Translate app that you can hold your phone to any language an it magically transforms the language into your language.

I appreciate the insight, it may be because i was using my jobs computer, but even on my phone its doing that. I will give it a try on my laptop, maybe ill have better luck!! thank you kind sir!!!
2016-12-12
Use props
vurdulack
lvl.2
Italy

hello ken, you may investigate my order, to now have 56 days to wait without any information about it, I'd like to know more or less what I still have to wait. Thank you .

Order Number: 039112402575
Order Time: 17/10/2016 18:50:10 (UTC)
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mejia Posted at 2016-12-12 11:24
I appreciate the insight, it may be because i was using my jobs computer, but even on my phone its doing that. I will give it a try on my laptop, maybe ill have better luck!! thank you kind sir!!!

That may be the reason, try at home and I'm sure it will work fine.
2016-12-12
Use props
Ghostwriter
lvl.1

Australia

BluePowerMF Posted at 2016-12-12 22:48
Did DJI pay it? Or do DHL just invoice DJI? I just got an SMS telling me to pay $282 for customs to release it!

DJI paid it. But I had to chase up the shipping company to get it done. And bill was the same.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

vurdulack Posted at 2016-12-12 11:36
hello ken, you may investigate my order, to now have 56 days to wait without any information about it, I'd like to know more or less what I still have to wait. Thank you .

Order Number: 039112402575

I've sent a message.
2016-12-12
Use props
jthrasher
lvl.1
United States

where are we at with orders?  I've seen people who ordered around Oct 20 now receiving their shipping notices.   I ordered mine on Oct. 30.  Trying to get an idea of when I should expect a shipping notice.  Going to be gone over the holidays and might have it shipped to where I'm going to be if I can figure out when it might actually ship.
2016-12-12
Use props
CarnageFPV
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Ken, please can you PM me, I would like to request some information if I can regarding my order, I placed my Order on the 4th October, paid 13th October and despite them being on sale here in the UK for the public to buy, and my request for information to Sales email address, I have basically been fobbed off.... the last communication from DJI said Orders placed by 3rd November would be shipped before 7-8 weeks latest... since I places my order well before 3rd November and others I know that ordered AFTER me have had deliveries I feel that DJI seem to have overlooked my £1249 Combo order. can you please take my details via PM and tell me this is not the case please. I am feeling very let down by DJI especially as this is my first ever order with you. And all I want is confirmation that my Mavic will actually arrive before Xmas!

Many Thanks
Paul Carne
2016-12-12
Use props
Netra - the ori
lvl.2
United States

jthrasher Posted at 2016-12-12 12:01
where are we at with orders?  I've seen people who ordered around Oct 20 now receiving their shipping notices.   I ordered mine on Oct. 30.  Trying to get an idea of when I should expect a shipping notice.  Going to be gone over the holidays and might have it shipped to where I'm going to be if I can figure out when it might actually ship.

You will be lucky to have it ship by Dec 22-29.  The email of Nov 3rd from DJI stated that they would "do their best" to "clear" the orders received before Nov 3rd by Dec 22-29.  I interpret "clear" as mark for shipping.  You are at the tail end of that "before Nov 3" group and shipping progress seems to have come to a crawl.
2016-12-12
Use props
mejia
lvl.2
United States

Netra - the ori Posted at 2016-12-12 15:22
You will be lucky to have it ship by Dec 22-29.  The email of Nov 3rd from DJI stated that they would "do their best" to "clear" the orders received before Nov 3rd by Dec 22-29.  I interpret "clear" as mark for shipping.  You are at the tail end of that "before Nov 3" group and shipping progress seems to have come to a crawl.

Are you saying its come to a crawl because of the dronehome stats? i would like to think that during low shipment status on days like these, its because they are shipping to vendors...
2016-12-12
Use props
Dasm6tPRI5iL
lvl.2

Australia

Bucefalo Posted at 2016-12-13 03:50

As Greg Kingston said above, in this case you do not have you pay. Check out the FAQ's on DJI website, all items are shipped duties paid.

How it works is DJI sent it Delivered Duties Paid (DDP). That means the shipping company pay the customs fees and taxes and bill it back to DJI.
2016-12-12
Use props
ROZY
lvl.1

Canada

Placed my order October 17.
It just arrived. I'm very happy it's here, still very sore that it took so long, and the temperature outside today is -26°C with the windchill about -32°C.  No flying in the near forecast.  At least I can see and to check it now.
Hope you guys get yours soon!
2016-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules