Mavic Shipping Update (02/17/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VsRqAae5bgAu
lvl.1

United Kingdom

@llewellynrob001 If you paid on Oct.13, yours should ship soon, within a week.

From Twitter DJI Support, yet I ordered on the 8th Oct, I think it could well and truly be that no one has a clue at DJI what the hell is going on.

Only saving grace is that Kent Dizon in another part of support has his head screwed on.  
2016-12-12
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

droneflyers.com Posted at 2016-12-11 01:00
Yes, and he certainly knows what people are experiencing.

Frank Tao Wang

Actually - I once purchased a PC from HP and had a hell of an experience with the entire process. I sent an email directly to the CEO at the time (Mark Hurd) and he responded and sorted my issue out.  

After 3 months back and forth, it was cool that he resolved the issue but that was the minimum they could've done I reckon.

2016-12-12
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

xiaohong Posted at 2016-12-11 05:39
Thanks for that insight. Apparently that is what I thought as well.

I decided to email the online sales and stated the facts with sequence of events plus a very not so helpful online pre-sales support fella by the name of Daniel.

Seems like a common response from them!

2016-12-12
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

xiaohong Posted at 2016-12-11 05:39
Thanks for that insight. Apparently that is what I thought as well.

I decided to email the online sales and stated the facts with sequence of events plus a very not so helpful online pre-sales support fella by the name of Daniel.

Did you get it in the end, today?
2016-12-12
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ghostwriter Posted at 2016-12-12 04:49
Well my DJI experience just keeps getting better!

Not only do they refuse to answer emails, now it seems DJI has been understating the value of goods sent to Australia to minimise the duties they have to pay. So now my Mavic sits with customs while they sort it out.

You're kidding!  That's rough mate.  Do you know by how much they've understated?

2016-12-12
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Smashie Posted at 2016-12-12 09:31
Ordered on the 7 October, still not shipped

You're kidding!!  That's shocking!  More than 2 months!!  WTF??

2016-12-12
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DINO88 Posted at 2016-12-12 12:18
My Oct 9th order is still pending. I emailed 'onlinesales@dji.com' asking about regional discrimination of delivery on 7th Dec but still no response.
Are they allowed to ignore customer's email? Is that how DJI works?

Mate -  where are you from?  You should cancel the cr@p out of that order....

2016-12-12
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

OneOakDesign Posted at 2016-12-12 13:08
I've had a Mavic on order with a UK supplier since 14th October and as they are a major supplier, I'm currently number 226 in the queue. So far, DJI have delivered just 18 units to this supplier with another possible 5 units in the next few days!! At that rate, I expect to get my Mavic sometime around April 2017- well done DJI!! Maybe someone (Ken?) can explain why DJI prefer to supply single buyers rather than distributors or suppliers, that helped get DJI to where they are today? Happy to wait in line - I'd just like DJI's view on this.

Which UK supplier?  I hope not Drones Direct, like me....

2016-12-12
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-12 16:34
It comes down to the same reason why people who ordered online from DJI are waiting several weeks for their orders. If resellers bought a few thousand units, DJI can't send all 2,000 to that dealer. That's why dealers are getting small shipments every week or so.

I would bet money, the bigger the reseller (Amazon, Apple etc) - the more priority they get.  It's business and I understand why they'd do it that way.

2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

vurdulack Posted at 2016-12-12 11:36
hello ken, you may investigate my order, to now have 56 days to wait without any information about it, I'd like to know more or less what I still have to wait. Thank you .

Order Number: 039112402575

I'm sorry, there's not update.
2016-12-12
Use props
Vemiz
New

Norway

Ordered the combo on 27th Sept from Norwegian reseller (rcbutikken), and still no mavic for me. As I understand orders placed nearly a month after (directly from DJI) has arrived. Why does DJI prioritise these before their own "verified" dealers? DJI are undermining the dealers and it creates alot of frustration for the consumer.
2016-12-12
Use props
vurdulack
lvl.2
Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-12 22:55

thanks all the same, I hope in the near future
2016-12-12
Use props
Myojin
lvl.1

Germany

RE: Mavic Shipping Update (11-3)

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-12 22:55

sorry, but is it so difficult to ask your marketing / manufacturing -CEO for a communityupdate ??
2016-12-12
Use props
Joshddonahue582
New

United States

Ordered my mavic fly more combo on 10/22 and still have not heard anything on when it may be shipped
2016-12-12
Use props
wntmldrs_belgiu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

Good news from Belgium. Our Mavic delivery is due for tomorrow.
Somewhere late september we placed our order with Defisat, but they had already a pre-order of 10 Mavic's. Very careful we ordered a Mavic Pro and not the combo, because we thought that the combo would be available later. Our friendly shop Defisat let us know today that we could have a Combo immediately, as for the Mavic Pro only they were still waiting.
Gentlemen, unfold your motors.
2016-12-12
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Around the 8th or so, October.

Just did a test flight in the back. Couldn't get wifi to work yet but everything else works, Android marshmallow. It's really a quiet quad. Must be running like 30k pwm freq to the motors, you can't hear a thing (well maybe if your a dog).
2016-12-12
Use props
Smashie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10079 ft
United Kingdom

staffsarge Posted at 2016-12-12 21:15
You're kidding!!  That's shocking!  More than 2 months!!  WTF??

I wish I was, I can't get a reply from DJI either
2016-12-12
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196834 ft
Portugal

BroadFlight Posted at 2016-12-12 23:06
There is a big batch sitting in customs for all Australians from what I can gather.

Apparently DJI owes customs money and on top of that some of the addresses got messed up in the system.

Yes, there seems to be happening the same here in Portugal. I was asked to presente a receipt of my order and the custom clearance was updated twice since it arrived here in Portugal today. It hasn't,t changed since then.
2016-12-12
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Portugal

Bucefalo Posted at 2016-12-13 01:50
i hope u are right.. but as far as i know... you are going to pay the customs !
You are the one IMPORTING in your country .. Dhl is the courier and DJI is the producer and you are the one importing goods in your country!
I wish i was wrong but that's how it works !

Yes, but the carrier must have instructions to charge the custom duties to DJI and t the client. With UPS, DHL, etc, the carrier takes care of the procedure with the custom and the client pays to the carrier instead of directly to the customs.
2016-12-12
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Portugal

mejia Posted at 2016-12-13 02:24
I appreciate the insight, it may be because i was using my jobs computer, but even on my phone its doing that. I will give it a try on my laptop, maybe ill have better luck!! thank you kind sir!!!

Yes, I had the same problem form my computer at work. The firewall prevented form using DJI online chat. At home it worked fine.
2016-12-12
Use props
BluePowerMF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3576476 ft
Australia

Ghostwriter Posted at 2016-12-13 03:11
DJI paid it. But I had to chase up the shipping company to get it done. And bill was the same.

Yep gave them a call this morning, duties were paid and it says it on their receipt so someone obviously can't read at their end, I wonder how many people just paid it? I was about to because I'm so over waiting for it to come. Now I have to wait another whole day, I think I can manage that though :p
2016-12-12
Use props
UK-Pilot
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Smashie Posted at 2016-12-12 23:21
I wish I was, I can't get a reply from DJI either

My guess is that DJI saw Go Pro coming out, panicked a bit and forced the Mavic announcement out earlier than they had intended.

Although this immediately put them on a back footing to get the production roll out to meet demand, the Go Pro recall massively aggravated the problem. Now they're having to deal with disgruntled customers!

I guess... DJI's own fault for being greedy! ;-)
2016-12-12
Use props
Error404
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I really hope that GoPro raises from ashes and kick your as* DJI. There is no exuse for not telling people when they should expect their orders! Second thing, I understand economical side of sending Mavic's in batches by country but seeing delivered orders from 22nd Oct in one country and early October orders in others with absolutely no info is just NOT right and fair!!
2016-12-12
Use props
fansb5bd62ba
New

United States

Quick question does anybody know how long the mavic will come after it says shipped on your order
2016-12-12
Use props
Smashie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10079 ft
United Kingdom

UK-Pilot Posted at 2016-12-13 00:05
My guess is that DJI saw Go Pro coming out, panicked a bit and forced the Mavic announcement out earlier than they had intended.

Although this immediately put them on a back footing to get the production roll out to meet demand, the Go Pro recall massively aggravated the problem. Now they're having to deal with disgruntled customers!

You're probably right, but Go-Pro were upfront about their problem
2016-12-12
Use props
fansdf748f70
lvl.1

Malta

DJI KEN any ideas? 5 weeks and counting Order Number:  3569932825032 nu update whats so ever
2016-12-12
Use props
xiaohong
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52999 ft
Singapore

staffsarge Posted at 2016-12-13 05:10
Did you get it in the end, today?

yes it came in via DHL and arrived earlier than 6pm COB.

charging all the batteries and controller last night. Will make the test flight later today after all calibrations done after hearing all the horror stories of spinning Mavics around the world with the compass issue etc...
2016-12-12
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102359 ft
Canada

Joshddonahue582 Posted at 2016-12-12 14:31
Ordered my mavic fly more combo on 10/22 and still have not heard anything on when it may be shipped

Ordered mine the same day and expecting to hear something soon or at the latest by the end of next week. Here's hoping.
2016-12-12
Use props
Doots
lvl.3
Flight distance : 682598 ft
United States

Gunglejim Posted at 2016-12-12 19:39
Ordered mine the same day and expecting to hear something soon or at the latest by the end of next week. Here's hoping.

ordered on Oct 21 from DJI and finally got the shipping dot to turn blue today. Shipping to Hawaii
2016-12-12
Use props
Netra - the ori
lvl.2
United States

Got my 4th blue dot this evening (Pacific Time).  But no shipping info yet in app or on webpage.
Fly More Combo
Order direct with DJI, placed: 2016-10-21 07:19:24 (UTC)
2016-12-12
Use props
fans29e00b53
lvl.1

United States

Netra - the ori Posted at 2016-12-12 20:48
Got my 4th blue dot this evening (Pacific Time).  But no shipping info yet in app or on webpage.
Fly More Combo
Order direct with DJI, placed: 2016-10-21 07:19:24 (UTC)

Don't get too excited- I got the blue dot this AM (ordered on 10/23) but no shipping info all day. I logged in this evening and the blue dot is gone. W.T.F - Screenshots to prove it no less.

And my local shop called me to ask if I wanted to take a waitlisted Mavic arriving Monday but I told them I'd call 'em back to let them know one way or the other- looks like I might just jump on their offer as the above doesn't look good.

2016-12-12
Use props
yHS0eU90xE7Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2313 ft
United States

fansb5bd62ba Posted at 2016-12-12 19:48
Quick question does anybody know how long the mavic will come after it says shipped on your order

Pretty quickly after it says shipped .. i'd say 3 to 4 days tops.
2016-12-12
Use props
yHS0eU90xE7Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2313 ft
United States

fans29e00b53 Posted at 2016-12-12 23:54
Don't get too excited- I got the blue dot this AM (ordered on 10/23) but no shipping info all day. I logged in this evening and the blue dot is gone. W.T.F - Screenshots to prove it no less.

And my local shop called me to ask if I wanted to take a waitlisted Mavic arriving Monday but I told them I'd call 'em back to let them know one way or the other- looks like I might just jump on their offer as the above doesn't look good.

Once you got that .. it'll be their in like 3-4 business days tops. you'll probably get it Wednesday or Thursday..
2016-12-12
Use props
fans864f6e8b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2624856 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-12 16:55

Do you have the backbone to let DJI know it has customers like myself that think it is pathetic that I place order with the DJI Store September 27th and still no shipping confirmation. But yet they have no problem shipping Mavic's to Apple Store where their customers get them 5-7 days after ordering them. People are now so upset over this that they have started sending letters to in their words "the powers to be at Apple" to let them know they feel like Apple has manipulated the system and wished they would just stay out of the industry.

When you turn your backs to those that have been dedicated and loyal customers just to bump elbows with Apple...is a sad day. Btw, Apple is also asking those that order a Mavic if they want to sign up for a Business account so they can in turn sell the Mavic's for $972.

Did I mention my order began on September 27th, and I live in the USA?  
Order Number:  001197346553
2016-12-12
Use props
Netra - the ori
lvl.2
United States

fans29e00b53 Posted at 2016-12-13 12:54

Thanks for the heads up - I am dubious of the status.  The actual DJI app shows "shipped" in Order History, but then when I click on Order Detail, the Shipping Status section is blank.  Using a mobile web browser for the DJI store (iPhone Safari) and I select "view account", then My Orders, the Shipping Status shows "Pending", but if I expand the Shipping Information section, it shows Shipping Company: FedEx but the Tracking Number is blank.  I'll check again in the morning, (Pacific Time) hopefully things will clear up.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans864f6e8b Posted at 2016-12-12 23:34
Do you have the backbone to let DJI know it has customers like myself that think it is pathetic that I place order with the DJI Store September 27th and still no shipping confirmation. But yet they have no problem shipping Mavic's to Apple Store where their customers get them 5-7 days after ordering them. People are now so upset over this that they have started sending letters to in their words "the powers to be at Apple" to let them know they feel like Apple has manipulated the system and wished they would just stay out of the industry.

When you turn your backs to those that have been dedicated and loyal customers just to bump elbows with Apple...is a sad day. Btw, Apple is also asking those that order a Mavic if they want to sign up for a Business account so they can in turn sell the Mavic's for $972.

I've explained this already. However Apple has ordered per store they are getting limited shipments just like every other reseller. How Apple wants to sell their Mavics is up to them. Some people have even picked up Mavics as walk-in customers and the Apple store just happened to have a couple in the back for sale. So those people had no wait at all.Again, DJI sells to you, Apple and everyone and orders are getting shipped out all the time and the dealers who've ordered thousands are getting shipments little by little and it's totally up to them how they decide to sell them.
2016-12-12
Use props
flyNfrank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2624856 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-13 00:50
I've explained this already. However Apple has ordered per store they are getting limited shipments just like every other reseller. How Apple wants to sell their Mavics is up to them. Some people have even picked up Mavics as walk-in customers and the Apple store just happened to have a couple in the back for sale. So those people had no wait at all.Again, DJI sells to you, Apple and everyone and orders are getting shipped out all the time and the dealers who've ordered thousands are getting shipments little by little and it's totally up to them how they decide to sell them.

What do you mean you have explained it already? You explained here online somewhere, or actually went to those at DJI and spoke out about the unhappiness?
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

flyNfrank Posted at 2016-12-12 23:57
What do you mean you have explained it already? You explained here online somewhere, or actually went to those at DJI and spoke out about the unhappiness?

I've explained it here in this thread more than a few times.
2016-12-12
Use props
Banfforce
lvl.1

United States

Netra - the ori Posted at 2016-12-13 00:48
Thanks for the heads up - I am dubious of the status.  The actual DJI app shows "shipped" in Order History, but then when I click on Order Detail, the Shipping Status section is blank.  Using a mobile web browser for the DJI store (iPhone Safari) and I select "view account", then My Orders, the Shipping Status shows "ending", but if I expand the Shipping Information section, it shows Shipping Company: FedEx but the Tracking Number is blank.  I'll check again in the morning, (Pacific Time) hopefully things will clear up.

The same thing happened to me today. So I just finished with online chat at sales support and they had no answer as to why it changed back. Just recommended that I wait a few days.  
2016-12-12
Use props
Bretttt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118058 ft
Australia

Waiting for 2 months for this .. sold my P3 expecting you to meet the dates you gave. Disappointed with the way this has been handled.

In this time, you're putting out new products while leaving those who's invested waiting.

I'm amazed you feel this is an acceptable way to treat your customer base.
2016-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules