Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Shipping Update (02/17/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David Pumpkins
lvl.3

United States

got my mavic... and my gimbal goes crazy.. i cant even tilt it straight cuz its not correcting itself.. but when i try to auto calibrate it fails at 62%
2016-12-12
Use props
OneOakDesign
lvl.1
United Kingdom

staffsarge Posted at 2016-12-12 21:16
Which UK supplier?  I hope not Drones Direct, like me....

No, not Drones Direct but I suspect they are suffering the same supply issue.
2016-12-13
Use props
OneOakDesign
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-12 16:34
It comes down to the same reason why people who ordered online from DJI are waiting several weeks for their orders. If resellers bought a few thousand units, DJI can't send all 2,000 to that dealer. That's why dealers are getting small shipments every week or so.

You've just highlighted the exact reason why people are getting annoyed - On one hand you say orders will be fulfilled in order and then you contradict it with saying that suppliers won't be supplied in sequence. As far as I'm concerned, whether I ordered direct with DJI or a supplier - I ordered on the 14th October and I see people ordering much later and getting delivered first. There's no sense in it - at least we now know there is no point in pressing the "fulfilled in sequence" myth. I'll stop asking now and just wait.
2016-12-13
Use props
UKCobra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13957 ft
United Kingdom

There are always going to be variations in shipping practices when there is a over demand situation, we can see these issues in the Dronehome shipping data. Some people appear to be waiting longer than others.
We also do not know the volume of pre-orders from DJI's big partners, like Apple, B&H, Jessops, Wex etc. These pre-order numbers would be clearly confidential.
DJI are probably allocating a %age of the production to the Retailers and the direct orders, to try and effectively manage the backlog. It's not difficult, and it happens in many companies where demand for a new product is high. Which means big retailers are only getting a small amount of what they need, and direct orders are taking longer than normal. These are not normal times. This is an innovative drone, from an existing manufacturer, whose major competitor has a technical problem.

I found out yesterday that my Mavic order is halfway in about 100 orders from a UK supplier. I am sure there are many suppliers in many countries in the same position. No one wants it to be like this.
I suspect the extra demand for the Mavic, because the Karma was withdrawn has not helped the situation, I was torn between the two, and was going to order the Karma, because of the innovation with the gimbal.
I own a P2 and a P3 4K already. My order was made on the 3rd Nov, and realistically, I don't expect to see it before Feb, which means it will miss a trip I have to Norway and Iceland.

In these situations, the manufacturer needs to be a little clearer with the communication, detailing the dates it is working to and what to do if your order is beyond that date.

Getting grumpy on here is unlikely to make the drone arrive any faster.

So people sharing their order dates and shipping notifications, is probably the best information we can share, as it will give us all a clue as to when ours might arrive.

Here is to a speedy resolution to our orders.
2016-12-13
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I've just spoken with my UK reseller (Drones Direct) and they've confirmed they still have no stock and no communication from DJI.  So despite having a delivery date of 16th December, they too have failed to communicate anything with me.

All things considered, I will now be cancelling my 2 x Mavic combos and I also won't be getting the Inspire 2.  It's unfortunate, but no communication + no product + poor customer service means it doesn't matter how good the product is.  It's too much money to risk putting into a company that doesn't support its customer base.  I'll simply get the Karma when it's re-released and find an alternative to the Inspire.

Such a shame - but the only thing that companies understand is profit and loss.  By losing my £5,000 odd, hopefully they'll learn.
2016-12-13
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.3
United Kingdom

David Pumpkins Posted at 2016-12-13 07:55
got my mavic... and my gimbal goes crazy.. i cant even tilt it straight cuz its not correcting itself.. but when i try to auto calibrate it fails at 62%

Another reason why waiting for this Mavic is no longer appealing.  There are just as many people complaining about the Mavic not functioning correctly as there are, people complaining about still waiting for one.

2016-12-13
Use props
IfiS0fsgIR0y
lvl.1
United States

DJI Ken, I finally received my Mavic a few days ago, however on the DJI website, my order is still not showing as 'Complete.' Therefore, the $10 DJI credit, which I want to use for purchasing DJI Refresh (which I feel should be offered free due to the unbelievably poor customer service and catastrophic delays), is only showing as 'Available Soon.' Can you help in any way to get that resolved so I can purchase the DJI Refresh and finally fly my Mavic?

Thanks in advance
2016-12-13
Use props
fans275a8c16
lvl.1
Greece

{:4_154:} ridiculous
IMG_0687.PNG
2016-12-13
Use props
UKCobra
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Why ? They have other products to sell ? Other inventory to shift.
If you can't build something due to supply constraints, does that mean you need to stop doing everything else ?
No, DJI are not a 1 product company, so makes absolute sense to me.
2016-12-13
Use props
fans275a8c16
lvl.1
Greece

I send 5 mails without answer and sent me this ....
2016-12-13
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

the people who ordered via resellers supplied by UK/Ireland distributors are effectively screwed. DirectDrones receiving no updates from DJI, other distributors not receiving comms (or stock) from DJI.

lesson learned
2016-12-13
Use props
Jazzcool 2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 679 ft

Singapore

Hi @DJI-Ken.  I'd appreciate clarification on this: your official announcement made on November 3rd said "For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks."  Does that mean that regardless of the date of the pre-order been made, as long as it was placed prior to November 3rd, DJI try to clear it within 7 to 8 weeks? If that's the case I would expect my Mavic to be delivered by no longer than the end of this month.

With current customer lost of trust, it would prove to be a major blow if DJI would not hold it's commitments to fixing this pre-order fiasco.
2016-12-13
Use props
fansbef005c2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89669 ft
United Kingdom

I've been waiting 10 weeks now and still no information
2016-12-13
Use props
fansbef005c2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89669 ft
United Kingdom

Ordered on the 1st of October from jessops
2016-12-13
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.3
United States

Jazzcool 2 Posted at 2016-12-13 19:07
Hi @DJI-Ken.  I'd appreciate clarification on this: your official announcement made on November 3rd said "For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks."  Does that mean that regardless of the date of the pre-order been made, as long as it was placed prior to November 3rd, DJI try to clear it within 7 to 8 weeks? If that's the case I would expect my Mavic to be delivered by no longer than the end of this month.

With current customer lost of trust, it would prove to be a major blow if DJI would not hold it's commitments to fixing this pre-order fiasco.

In my job, I need to deliver these sorts of updates and they're crafted very carefully.  DJI have promised absolutely nothing in their latest update other than to "do our best".  From that, you can surmise absolutely nothing.  They've provided a statement that gives us no reason to be angry with them, if they fail.  That's how a business does things.  Like it or not, only the very rare company will front up and say 'this is the problem.  this is the solution.  we're in this position which means this for you.  we apologise.'

DJI is not this company unfortunately.  Seemingly fantastic products, but no ability to provide any customer service.  The more money you sink into their products, the greater the risk is for you when something goes wrong and you need their customer service.  The risk outweighs the benefit of their specific drones as far as I'm concerned.

2016-12-13
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.3
United States

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-13 18:55
the people who ordered via resellers supplied by UK/Ireland distributors are effectively screwed. DirectDrones receiving no updates from DJI, other distributors not receiving comms (or stock) from DJI.

lesson learned

The lesson for me here isn't to avoid purchasing from local sellers, but to avoid purchasing a DJI product.  I can order another drone from my same supplier and it will be with me in 2 days.

2016-12-13
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.3
United States

Does seem very cheeky doesn't it!  Although as the guy below you said - they sell more than one product.  So it is acceptable.  

2016-12-13
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.3
United States

OneOakDesign Posted at 2016-12-13 16:24
No, not Drones Direct but I suspect they are suffering the same supply issue.

Can confirm this.  No response from DJI for them either.  I expected as much, but one can hope.  It's the only way I was able to wait for so long without bothering them incessently.  

2016-12-13
Use props
fans172bbd03
lvl.1
United States

My order finally advanced to SHIPPED.  Ordered 10/20 directly from DJI.  Combo.  No shipping info yet but at least I know it's coming.
2016-12-13
Use props
fansb5bd62ba
New

United States

My order advanced to ship yesterday but then I checked today it shows again in pending status so what gives is it in shipping status or is it still pending Ding has anyone had this happen  to them I was all excited about finally a shipping confirmation but now back to pending I mean come on
2016-12-13
Use props
Smashie
Flight distance : 10079 ft
United Kingdom

fansb5bd62ba Posted at 2016-12-13 14:10
My order advanced to ship yesterday but then I checked today it shows again in pending status so what gives is it in shipping status or is it still pending Ding has anyone had this happen  to them I was all excited about finally a shipping confirmation but now back to pending I mean come on

Mine has also gone to 'Shipped' but no details as yet
2016-12-13
Use props
fans5e698381
lvl.1

United States

Ken hope you can help me out the chat lines have been down and I cant get any info on my shipping date, I bought my mavic pro on 11/3/16 I was told when I bought itit would take 4 weeks to get it that time has passed, i had to buy another drone for my daughters project because the date has passed, but i told her the mavic is on its way, for another high profile project before she returns to school,please HELP me  the other drone I bought is a Piece of sh#$%. anything any info that you can give me will be great my order # is 0018932817032 I know you have getting lots of requests, if there is anyway you can hurry my order or any info would be greatly apprecated, My daughter is counting on me THANX ALOT Chris
2016-12-13
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.3
United States

fans5e698381 Posted at 2016-12-13 23:23
Ken hope you can help me out the chat lines have been down and I cant get any info on my shipping date, I bought my mavic pro on 11/3/16 I was told when I bought itit would take 4 weeks to get it that time has passed, i had to buy another drone for my daughters project because the date has passed, but i told her the mavic is on its way, for another high profile project before she returns to school,please HELP me  the other drone I bought is a Piece of sh#$%. anything any info that you can give me will be great my order # is 0018932817032 I know you have getting lots of requests, if there is anyway you can hurry my order or any info would be greatly apprecated, My daughter is counting on me THANX ALOT Chris

I like your optimism!

2016-12-13
Use props
fansa72598fc
lvl.1

Germany

Hello Ken, ordered October 18th, order number: 049117572545, no infos yet, can you help me?
2016-12-13
Use props
UKCobra
lvl.1
United Kingdom

staffsarge Posted at 2016-12-13 09:33
I've just spoken with my UK reseller (Drones Direct) and they've confirmed they still have no stock and no communication from DJI.  So despite having a delivery date of 16th December, they too have failed to communicate anything with me.

All things considered, I will now be cancelling my 2 x Mavic combos and I also won't be getting the Inspire 2.  It's unfortunate, but no communication + no product + poor customer service means it doesn't matter how good the product is.  It's too much money to risk putting into a company that doesn't support its customer base.  I'll simply get the Karma when it's re-released and find an alternative to the Inspire.

I think the risk is greater going with a company producing it's first drone, when DJI have a track record of producing drones that don't fall out of the sky.
2016-12-13
Use props
deadpool
Flight distance : 154242 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have to say, this is my first time dealing with DJI and it's a bit disappointing. I don't think I've ever had to wait on something so long after it's official release date. Not even had to wait this long for the new iPhone (3 weeks after release date).

Ordered on the 1st November and nothing other than a chat the other day saying it's still 3-5 weeks away.

I just can't comprehend what the delays are. I'm thinking to myself, do I really need this drone? Am I happy giving a company £1000 that clearly isn't that bothered about customers. I know it's different scales but if one of my customers gave me £1000 for an order, I'd be at least keeping them updated. It's very poor from a "market-leader"
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

David Pumpkins Posted at 2016-12-13 01:55

Can you post a video clip.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

IfiS0fsgIR0y Posted at 2016-12-13 03:41
DJI Ken, I finally received my Mavic a few days ago, however on the DJI website, my order is still not showing as 'Complete.' Therefore, the $10 DJI credit, which I want to use for purchasing DJI Refresh (which I feel should be offered free due to the unbelievably poor customer service and catastrophic delays), is only showing as 'Available Soon.' Can you help in any way to get that resolved so I can purchase the DJI Refresh and finally fly my Mavic?

Thanks in advance

Anything with DJI credits is all done in China and online sales will have to assist you.
I'm sorry about that. I'm sure the credit will show up soon.
You can email djicare@dji.com to see what they say.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans275a8c16 Posted at 2016-12-13 04:49
I send 5 mails without answer and sent me this ....

They sent everyone that email.
I'm sorry your emails have not been returned yet. If it's inquiring about when you'll receive your Mavic, you'll get an email when it's shipped.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Jazzcool 2 Posted at 2016-12-13 05:07

Correct, it means they will try to clear all orders with 7-8 weeks.
So hopefully you will receive your by the end of the month if that's when 8 weeks from your order date and after they started shipping.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans5e698381 Posted at 2016-12-13 09:23

I'm sorry I do not have any information for you, and I cannot "hurry your order".
If you've ordered 11/3, there's many people who've ordered before you and have not received their orders.
I would think you may receive yours late Dec or early Jan.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansa72598fc Posted at 2016-12-13 09:48
Hello Ken, ordered October 18th, order number: 049117572545, no infos yet, can you help me?

Sorry I cannot.
2016-12-13
Use props
EIDW
Flight distance : 719318 ft
Ireland

Hi all,

I've ordered mine on the 29th of October from DJI, like most of people here I'm still waiting to receive it...
I've sent an email to their sales team (onlinesales@dji.com) and got the following reply after 14 days:
'''

We are totally sorry for keep you waiting and please kindly accept our sincere apology.
For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our  best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks.

As for now, we cannot tell an exact shipping date, but we are working round the clock to get the Mavic Pro in your hands.
Could you please email us back if you still have not received the  tracking number within the end of the December? We will check it for you  then .You have our sincere apology for this and we would appreciate  your patience. Thank you.

If there is anything we can assist you, please feel free to let us know.
Wishing you a wonderful day!

Best Regards,
DJI online store Pre-sales team

'''

DJI should do a commercial gesture by providing the care refresh warranty for Free!

2016-12-13
Use props
fans29e00b53
lvl.1

United States

fans29e00b53 Posted at 2016-12-12 20:54
Don't get too excited- I got the blue dot this AM (ordered on 10/23) but no shipping info all day. I logged in this evening and the blue dot is gone. W.T.F - Screenshots to prove it no less.

And my local shop called me to ask if I wanted to take a waitlisted Mavic arriving Monday but I told them I'd call 'em back to let them know one way or the other- looks like I might just jump on their offer as the above doesn't look good.

...and the blue dot is back; hope it sticks around this time and is a true indicator that it's been shipped.

I can only imagine the volume of orders for this product to cause the supply chain to be backordered by 2 months.

I also sold my P3 for this two months ago but I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

-w-

2016-12-13
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

EIDW Posted at 2016-12-13 16:25
Hi all,

I've ordered mine on the 29th of October from DJI, like most of people here I'm still waiting to receive it...

I wonder does that include dealers as well? Because as far as I can see there is very little movement on dealer orders.
2016-12-13
Use props
invisible21
lvl.3

United States

Just for everybody's tracking knowledge (no bragging), I checked my order today and have the 4th blue dot (shipped).  I have not received a shipping notification email and there is no tracking number so it may get pulled back like the others, but here are my order details:

I ordered the Fly More Combo:  2016-10-23 17:36:58 (UTC) direct from DJI.com, shipping to Atlanta, GA, USA.

Assuming my "shipped" status doesn't change drastically. I will hopefully see my Mavic right around 8 weeks (which would be this Sunday).  So, based on a lot of what I've seen on here, it seems as though DJI are getting these out to customers just in time to hit that 8-week pseudo-promise.  I know there are some exceptions particularly in other countries/regions, but it does seem that they are trying to make good.  

As for people talking about ordering 5 weeks ago and pestering about a shipping update...just stop.  If you don't see something at 8 weeks, then start asking/complaining.
2016-12-13
Use props
fans5b13110f
New

Germany

staffsarge Posted at 2016-11-29 17:20
A good, practical amount of information provided there.  Based on that information, I can speculate your drone will arrive tomorrow, at 2:43pm.  I've only been able to be so specific due to the wealth of information provided.....

Hey,

do i recognize irony there?
I thought they might be able to find it out through my account information.

But all this doesn't matter, because order status has changed to shipped already.
Hooray{:4_181:}
2016-12-13
Use props
Enkeixpress
Second Officer
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

There needs to be a new shipping update announcement. It's been a while.
2016-12-13
Use props
Enkeixpress
Second Officer
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

fans5e698381 Posted at 2016-12-13 15:23

You wont receive it until at least the middle of January of next year. Possibly in the first week of February.
2016-12-13
Use props
invisible21
lvl.3

United States

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-12-13 12:15
There needs to be a new shipping update announcement. It's been a while.

Why does there need to be another shipping update?  They stated 6-8 weeks.  It's been about 6.  Additionally, the current Mavic order page says "ships 6-8 weeks".

Seems pretty clear to me.  You should get your Mavic 6-8 weeks from time of order.  If you want to get more specific, I would estimate closer to 8 weeks than 6.  If you've been waiting more than 8 weeks and ordered directly from DJI, start bugging customer support.  If you've been waiting more than 8 weeks and ordered from a reseller, start bugging your reseller.

Now, would be it nice for DJI to give an update with more specific information? Absolutely.  That said, their timeline hasn't changed since the Nov 03, so based on the current order page, I would guess that they are at full manufacturing capacity and that they are running 6-8 weeks behind and either not able, or not willing to do what is necessary to increase manufacturing capacity.  They will not comment nor admit to any of this, so in the meantime take them at their word that you will get your Mavic within 8 weeks of ordering and be patient.  The other option is to cancel your order.
2016-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules