Mavic Warranty While Waiting. Ken? DJI?
1195 6 2016-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Ken or anyone else from DJI could you answer this question. I did post it in part of a reply but thought you'd find it here as a thread.
Question is: Some of us who are getting the Mavic are going into Winter. So most likely we'll just look at our Mavic and dream of warmer days. If I purchased it in October, received it in November and then put it in the closet until spring (April) when does the warranty kick in? Day of purchase? Day I received it? or the day I register it in April? I know Care Fresh starts when you register it. Dates are all hypothetical, but you get where I'm going.
2016-11-3
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

You have 30 days to purchase after you receive the item.  You then have 48 hours after activation.  Which ever comes first.
2016-11-3
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
United States

Lepus Posted at 2016-11-3 15:01
You have 30 days to purchase after you receive the item.  You then have 48 hours after activation.   ...

Yes I know that about Care Fresh, my question is about the DJI warranty. I'm assuming there is a 90 day warranty or something like that, that comes with the product. Most products have a factory warranty. But then again, this is coming from China.

I wasn't aware you have 30 days after purchase to get Care Fresh, I understood it was 48 hours after registration. Even if you bought it in the winter and waited three months before registered and used it.

Is 30 days true?
2016-11-3
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Here is the regular warranty.  I think I got the info about purchasing the DJI Care Refresh from chat.  Ken or support might be able to help with that.

Remote Controller
12 Months
Battery
6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times
Battery Charger
6 Months
Frame
No Warranty
Propeller
No Warranty
MC
12 Months
Gimbal Camera
6 Months
Vision Positioning System
6 Months
Propulsion system (excluding propellers)
6 Months

Ⅳ.Period of Validity of DJI Care Refresh
DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months. If you purchase an aircraft with DJI Care Refresh on the official DJI website, it shall take effect on the third day after the date of shipment. If you buy DJI Care Refresh separately on the official DJI website or via other channels, it shall be effective from the date on the service agreement.

2016-11-3
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
United States

Lepus Posted at 2016-11-3 15:26
Here is the regular warranty.  I think I got the info about purchasing the DJI Care Refresh from cha ...

Third day after shipping? How can that be when you have to have it in hand with the serial number to register it. They can't start Care Fresh until you register. Or did they mean third day after receiving?
2016-11-3
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

If you purchased the Care Refresh when you purchased the Mavic, it goes into effect on the third day of ownership.
2016-11-3
Use props
Peel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10876 ft
United States

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-11-4 03:39
Third day after shipping? How can that be when you have to have it in hand with the serial number  ...

If you purchased Care Refresh *with* the order of your Mavic, DJI will already bind the Care Refresh to your serial number. That's how they are able to say 3rd day after shipping, because there's no input needed from you. If you buy it after the fact, then yes, you need to register it with the serial number within 48 hours of activation.
2016-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules