Hardware fault with 5.8Ghz NPVT581 RC X1 gimbal control dial?
1481 5 2015-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tim.fitzsimmons
New
Flight distance : 146122 ft
New Zealand

Is any one else still having a problem with the gimbal control dial (X1) even after completing all of the calibration steps mentioned in thisthread?  

I had all of the same symptoms as everyone else, such as jerky random movement.  

Completing the manual calibration on the controller and then the calibration in the RC assistant has set the mid point, but the counter clock action of the gimbal control dial appears to produce a binary signal when looking at the feedback in the RC or Phanton assistants; i.e. it's either fully on or fully off.

My interim work around is to reverse the X1 setting so that the working incremental clockwise action is set for downward movement of the gimbal which is more useful than the other way around.  I can also control the tilt of the gimbal via the android app which works smoothly in both directions without any issues (yet cumbersome), therefore I believe the gimbal itself is fine.
It seems this is a hardware issue perhaps similar in nature to the old controller with the lever that is used for the X1 channel which is well documented.  Any thoughts?

The Phantom 2 Vision + and controller (NPVT581) were purchased new in Dec 2014 and I bought it second hand yesterday.  I'll be asking the person I bought it from what he knows...

2015-2-6
Use props
perdidoflyer
lvl.2

United States

Yes, I am experiencing the same problem...after all the firmware and software updates, backdates, etc., and being fully current with DJI as to my P2V+ V2, now this problem appears. I agree, it has something to do with pan up/pan down, and calibration of the thumbwheel. Motion and response are now not consistent, and the gimbal seems confused if I take the thumbwheel from one extreme to the other.
2015-2-6
Use props
midafit
New
Flight distance : 146122 ft
New Zealand

perdidoflyer Posted at 2015-2-7 06:25
Yes, I am experiencing the same problem...after all the firmware and software updates, backdates, et ...

Just checking if anyone else other than perdidoflyer and I are experiencing this problem.  It seems like the same well documented issue the older controller presented.

I'd much rather use the X1 dial rather than the Vision app to tilt the camera.  The X1 control is much more incremental.

I look forward to any responses.
2015-3-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

All of you do this calibration when you do not have the tx calibrated to the computer and it will cure the camera tilt.
093139rmq5ycusimuss1yb.gif
2015-3-29
Use props
perdidoflyer
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-30 06:40
All of you do this calibration when you do not have the tx calibrated to the computer and it will cu ...

Gerry - this manual calibration of the RC did in fact solve my problem.
2015-3-31
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

perdidoflyer Posted at 2015-4-1 06:33
Gerry - this manual calibration of the RC did in fact solve my problem.

Glad to hear that.
Happy Flying!
2015-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules