Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Safe to fly or not.
1998 15 2016-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hawk Wingover
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Hi all i have a p3p with all the latest firmware and the latest app, the app that is causeing so much trouble, thing is i cannot afford to buy another drone after spending over £1500 on a phantom 3 pro and everything that goes with it, would it be better if i wait to see if a new app comes out rather than risking crashing something that i cannot afford to replace. Dont get me wrong i love these drones but iam begining to wonder if i would be better off selling this thing as it seems to be one problem after another, i spend more time worrying about crashing ( possibly hurting somebody ) or looseing it through no fault of my own than i do flying it. What if i sell it on ebay and somebody crashes it because its got faulty firmware or app through no fault of their own , i get a load of junk posted back to me and need to refund them, anybody got any thoughts on this, Hawk

2016-11-3
Use props
RSW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

While you see a lot of complaints and problems here, bear in mind that the vast majority of pilots are not having problems. These are extraordinary products and the level of technology and reliability you get for your money is mind blowing.  It's just that no one is vocal about things when they are going smoothly.

If you only read reports of food poisoning at restaurants then you'd be reluctant to ever go out to eat.

I'm using DJI Go 3.01 with the latest firmware and things are fine. However the logistics of maintaining flawless functionality with so many different devices is daunting.

If you have problem, address it. If not, just enjoy.
2016-11-3
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

If your serious about selling it on eBay, just be honest in the description, make sure you point out all issues you have with it and don't leave anything out. After the sale you won't get any bad feedback or anyone asking for a refund.
2016-11-3
Use props
kirk2579
First Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

what kind of trouble are you having ?

if all is set correctly you should have a great easy to fly machine.

maybe if you say what we can direct you to solve the app issue , what it is

edit:
sorry I misread

DJI GO is the factory app , I would not expect any new one for long time...

you are worried about potential issues and maybe's
not an actual issue in hand.

I would say worry when the worry is worth it
until then just fly and don't over think it!

you already have SPENT the money
no reason to sit on shelf and look at it
that is same result as crashing it.
end result would be you are NOT FLYING.

good luck and have fun flying!
2016-11-3
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

mine is fine, never had real significant issues, knock on wood.. it depends on pple and their equipment, and their karma? Not sure..  be cautions, fly in an open field to see how things behave, practice atti mode and fly a bit without looking at the screen, practice RTH, once u do that, it is unlikely u will have an issue u cannot deal with, due to firmware or such.. and perhaps u will experience no issues at all like so many of us? All u hear here is trouble, because in general pple do not open new threads to say all is well ;)
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Hawk, could you please clarify the detail of the problem?
I'll try my best to help you.
2016-11-3
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Hawk,

You are not indicating an active problem with your current flight set-up.  If you approach your first flights carefully and safely, you will be able to identify any problems before they have a significant impact.  Do as Phantomski says and practice in an open field, etc., etc.

You can also get plenty of help from this Forum.  For example, you could post your current DJI GO version and your firmware versions, so we can help you see if you really are current.  If the current version of the DJI GO app you are concerned about (regarding safety) does have issues for you, you can roll back to a version of DJI GO that works better if you have to.  (As far as I can remember, every version of DJI GO has had issues for some customers who reported it on this Forum.  Usually, those people did not understand how the system worked.)  But first, see if it works all right for you like it does for 99 percent of the DJI customers.  We can help you enjoy your Phantom while having a safe start.  Do not over-fly your capabilities.  Most crashes of all sorts occur to people operating outside their capabilities.

How many times have you read the P3P manual (download from the downloads page for the P3P)?  (I have read it about half a dozen times, twice before I ever got my first Phantom.)  Have you watched all the DJI videos and tutorial videos?  Do you know how to search this Forum for discussions about specific issues?  We can help you find discussion subjects for you to read.  You can always ask specific questions.

From an experienced perspective, you have let the many users on this Forum who have made mistakes and want to get answers cut into your flying confidence and your confidence in the DJI product that you fly.  That is actually a good sign but a problematic expression.  It means you are concerned about safety which is really good and in short supply for some yahoos who fly out there.  But you have a lack of perspective due to lack of experience in the air.  If you had more air time, you would know that so many problems are from people who fly without enough preparation for safely flying.  It is a vicious cycle and the only thing that can give you perspective is to get in the air safely.  Phantomski only pointed you in the right direction for safe flight experiences.  There is a lot more out there and it is discussed here on the Forum.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-3
Use props
pigolato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745243 ft
United Kingdom

Interesting, and echoing another thread... all the OK people are FCC, problems are with CE it seems.
2016-11-4
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

pigolato Posted at 2016-11-4 00:16
Interesting, and echoing another thread... all the OK people are FCC, problems are with CE it seems.

Aloha pigolato,

Interesting observation, but my experience does not back it up.  App and firmware issues have more of a correlation to compliant and non-compliant devices that to FCC or CE.  Both FCC and CE jurisdictions are loaded with non-compliant device users.  Both FCC and CE jurisdictions also have their share of people who do not read manuals or watch videos or have any experience with firmware or apps, plus much, much more.  Sounds like a bit of a reach to me.

Just sayin.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

As Mindy mentioned, if you could elaborate as to what kind of issues you're experiencing, we can try to help you sort them out.
2016-11-4
Use props
fans987d278a
Second Officer
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-4 10:54
As Mindy mentioned, if you could elaborate as to what kind of issues you're experiencing, we can try to help you sort th ...

Hawk has become slient?
Why don't you go back to firmware that worked for you?
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans987d278a Posted at 2016-11-4 23:36
Hawk has become slient?
Why don't you go back to firmware that worked for you?

We may want to keep in mind that this thread is not even a day old yet. A little patience for a response might be needed.
2016-11-4
Use props
Hawk Wingover
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Hi all, thanks very much for all your input and help, the problem i was haveing was with loss of video ive just tried reinstalling the app and this time an update came through for the R/C  for some reason the app was on 3.0.1 iam now on 3.0.2 and all is working great. Would it be a good idea for me to stick with this firmware 9.6.80 and the R/C on 1.8 to avoid any further issues, haveing said that will there be any more updates for the p3p as it has been replaced by the p4 and now the mavic, i do think these are amazing machines i just get a bit worried when things go wrong, turns out it was nothing DJI had done, it was down to my ipad 4 mini not downloading the app properly, would it hurt if i never upgrade it again now its all working fine?. Regards Hawk. PS sorry for the late reply our time zones are slightly different.
2016-11-4
Use props
fansee060da1
lvl.1

Sweden

So it works fine for 99% of DJI customers?

I´m one of those who has issues after the latest firmware-upgrade and i´m sure
there are a significant number of customers who are in the same situation.

We wait quietly, read the forum and hope that DJI will fix the problem THEY caused.

My drone flew just fine until i did the upgrade. Then, like many others, problems
start showing with compass error and degraded flying-distance etc.

It is really annoying reading the same suggestions over and over again!

Have you calibrated the compass? Have you done the IMU-calibration? Are you flying in an area without interference? Bla Bla.........

Sorry if i sound a little bit frustrated. I just want to fly my drone, like everbody else.

2016-11-4
Use props
Hawks100
Second Officer
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

I would keep all devices updated to the latest updates.
Updates will keep coming for the P3 range years from now.
These forums were set up to help/share info and help solve any minor issues. Which they do,most of the time.
Its a shame that people use them to slate the manufactures of these various products. Thats human nature, to moan and blame others as its easier than to admit they could be to blame.
Relax and enjoy your P3 when ever you can. If you feel that its too much worry to fly, then you need another hobby.
2016-11-4
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hawk Wingover Posted at 2016-11-4 18:07
Hi all, thanks very much for all your input and help, the problem i was haveing was with loss of vid ...

Grab a cuppa and sit down and read the manual, take notes, then read again.
What I would suggest is find a big open field and do some flying. It's building up confidence that the machine will do what you expect it too. You've done the updates, do the calibrations IMU (level surface), Gimbal (just after IMU), Sensors (Using DJI Assistant 2), RC (with aircraft off) and finally compass (preferably I an open field, away from steel structures and reinforced concrete).
By virtue of the technology, if anything goes wrong it could break the aircraft, but if its caused at all by aircraft failure it should be covered under warranty.
Set up a pre-flight checklist to minimise the chances of pilot error.
And enjoy
2016-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules